"Superman/Batman ('Man of Steel' Sequel)" Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoryWilliams

Nobody said they were adapting Dark Knight Returns. They're using a quote from one of the duo's most significant and iconic meetings (or beatings I should say).

Nightwing26

Nobody said they were adapting Dark Knight Returns. They're using a quote from one of the duo's most significant and iconic meetings (or beatings I should say).

It's not about adapting, I dislike that they're using that story for inspiration. That story's confrontation between Batman and Superman is just them fighting... I don't want to see that at all.

RoryWilliams

Nobody said they're JUST going to be fighting. Avengers had Iron Man fighting Thor and then Thor fighting the Hulk. They still teamed up in the end. "Heroes fight and then team up" is a time-honored trope.

Silverstar

Strong to th' Finnich
I know we getting a new Batman, But they need Bale for this to work ( IMO).

I disagree. Granted, Christian Bale played a decent Bruce Wayne, but whenever he donned the cowl, dude talked like the Cookie Monster. It's not like they really can't just get someone else to wear the Bat-suit. They've done so before, and they'll continue to do so in the future.

Anyway, it's a moot point since a) Bale's Bruce hung up his cape at the end of The Dark Knight Rises, and b) Bale has already stated that he's done playing Batman. Time to move on.

dmxx116

I disagree. Granted, Christian Bale played a decent Bruce Wayne, but whenever he donned the cowl, dude talked like the Cookie Monster. It's not like they really can't just get someone else to wear the Bat-suit. They've done so before, and they'll continue to do so in the future.

Anyway, it's a moot point since a) Bale's Bruce hung up his cape at the end of The Dark Knight Rises, and b) Bale has already stated that he's done playing Batman. Time to move on.
You don't recasted an actor after helping make WB Billion dollars worldwide at the Box Office.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wonderwall

Staff member
Sure you can. No rule that says you can't and Bale, whatever one thinks of him, wasn't the sole reason that franchise made so much money.

rggkjg1

KRYPTONITE NEVERMORE!
I am excited for the movie. Just because it's Superman and Batman, live action together on the big screen. Please keep this in mind when reading my rant below.

What I dont get is why is THIS the sequel to Man Of Steel? I can only come to one conclusion when I ask that question. WB has given up. Someone at WB had to have felt they had some kind of "problem" with Man Of Steel (box office, critics, people complaining online, anything) So, how do they fix their "problem" they have here? BATMAN of course! The answer to every problem this world has. BATMAN! While I was not impressed with Man Of Steel, I figured we were getting a (hopefully better) SOLO sequel. We'll, I might as well forget about ever seeing another SOLO Superman movie in the near future since it's Superman/Batman and Justice League after that. I also might as well forget seeing a SOLO Batman film while I'm at it and forget about the assumed reboot series we all were expecting. Is there even a chance we might get a SOLO movie in (that isn't The Flash) from now to the release of Justice League? Maybe WB gave up on Superman, but they sure are not giving up on Justice League since it looks to me they're now finally going all in on it. I hope their gamble pays off. But we all know it will, because BATMAN is going to be in these movies!

After seeing Man Of Steel, I am of course worried already because it's Goyer and Snyder again, but I disregard it completely because it's Superman and Batman, TOGHETHER! The only thing that legitimately has me worried is a possible fight scene between the two. They aren't supposed to fight. Maybe have a few arguments/disagreements regarding their philosophy, but a throwdown is totally uncalled for. I only mention a fight between the two because they used that quote from The Dark Knight Returns (then admitted they aren't adapting it). But seriously, Batman is more popular than Superman. I'm sure the general audiance would LOVE to see the two fight and (obviously) want BATMAN to be the victor. We're getting that fight scene. The fight scene will be heavily promoted and be the main basis of this film's marketing. Just please dont call the film "Batman VS Superman".

The story I would love to see adapted most in this film would be "Public Enemies". It would be a no brainer to do that story since Lex Luthor is the main villian in it (and that they already dropped hints to his existence in Man Of Steel. Not to mention Superman WILL be able to physically fight Luthor) and there is enough action in the story to satisfy the apparent need to make a typical summer popcorn special effects action movie, just like they did with Man Of Steel.

Superman/Batman will no doubt be EPIC. Just thinking/saying "Superman and Batman, together!" is epic. Just dont make it TOO epic. Justice League is where you want to make it TOO epic, but I'll worry about that when we get there. Again, all that said, I look forward to this film (no, not just so I can complain about it on the internet leading up to and after it's release).

I'll contribute something that is 1 million percent positive, the press release and same detials, BUT also a picture of the logo projected on screen:
http://supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=13670

dmxx116

Sure you can. No rule that says you can't and Bale, whatever one thinks of him, wasn't the sole reason that franchise made so much money.
And remember a lot of people think Bale is Batman, If WB want to win the Box Office over The Avengers 2 in 2015 they better give him what he wants.

RoryWilliams

I think Batman's inclusion had less to do with milking his popularity (though that probably was a factor) and more to do with setting the stage for Justice League. By debuting the new Batman in World's Finest, they don't have to worry about introducing him amid a flood of other new heroes who are likely going to be making their debuts n JLA. Wonder Woman, GL, and whoever the seventh is (Cyborg?) alone are probably gonna require a good deal of exposition.

BatKid

The True Batman
Snyder confirmed it's a new Batman, as has Goyer. They've been planning this for months, so all the hopes for Bale should be done away with. Not to mention people are really overstating Bale's popularity. He'snowhere near RDJ-level (or even Jackman) of character association. When marketing ramps up, honestly who's going to watch a BATMAN / SUPERMAN trailer and complain that an actor isn't in it? That's hardly a dealbreaker. People will see that movie regardless of who's starring. It's an event movie that has had decades of anticipation.

It'd be fun if the credits read "Guest Starring [Name] as Batman" but after Man of Steel I kind of figure the 'f' word is not something we'll be seeing here.

Wonderwall

Staff member
And remember a lot of people think Bale is Batman, If WB want to win the Box Office over The Avengers 2 in 2015 they better give him what he wants.

People just like Batman, I've never really heard many people actually say that for Bale. Not that people don't like him, of course they do but there was once upon a time when people thought of Michael Keaton as Batman and he ended up not irreplaceable. Bale seems to have no interest in this and if they want to build this into something more, hiring a guy who's nearing 40 may not be in their best interest. Plus WB is king of "not confusing people". Could he still end up being in this, sure. But there are a lot of reasons why he won't and probably shouldn't. I know I don't really need to see it, unless he drops the voice :D

The Talon

If it is at least "inspired" by The Dark Knight Returns, then they have gotta go with Karl Urban as the new Batman.

rggkjg1

KRYPTONITE NEVERMORE!
I was ready to move on after The Dark Knight Rises since everyone was on record of it being the last one. After today's news, Goyer and Nolan apparently aren't ready to move on from Batman. I dont see why those two couldn't at least try to bring Bale back.

BatKid

The True Batman
Found a vid of the precise moment the reveal was played for the fans. Such a simple clip, but the pure atmosphere created by it shows you just how hotly anticipated this team-up has been.

Spideyzilla

Staff member
I am excited for the movie. Just because it's Superman and Batman, live action together on the big screen. Please keep this in mind when reading my rant below.

What I dont get is why is THIS the sequel to Man Of Steel? I can only come to one conclusion when I ask that question. WB has given up. Someone at WB had to have felt they had some kind of "problem" with Man Of Steel (box office, critics, people complaining online, anything) So, how do they fix their "problem" they have here? BATMAN of course! The answer to every problem this world has. BATMAN! While I was not impressed with Man Of Steel, I figured we were getting a (hopefully better) SOLO sequel. We'll, I might as well forget about ever seeing another SOLO Superman movie in the near future since it's Superman/Batman and Justice League after that. I also might as well forget seeing a SOLO Batman film while I'm at it and forget about the assumed reboot series we all were expecting. Is there even a chance we might get a SOLO movie in (that isn't The Flash) from now to the release of Justice League? Maybe WB gave up on Superman, but they sure are not giving up on Justice League since it looks to me they're now finally going all in on it. I hope their gamble pays off. But we all know it will, because BATMAN is going to be in these movies!

After seeing Man Of Steel, I am of course worried already because it's Goyer and Snyder again, but I disregard it completely because it's Superman and Batman, TOGHETHER! The only thing that legitimately has me worried is a possible fight scene between the two. They aren't supposed to fight. Maybe have a few arguments/disagreements regarding their philosophy, but a throwdown is totally uncalled for. I only mention a fight between the two because they used that quote from The Dark Knight Returns (then admitted they aren't adapting it). But seriously, Batman is more popular than Superman. I'm sure the general audiance would LOVE to see the two fight and (obviously) want BATMAN to be the victor. We're getting that fight scene. The fight scene will be heavily promoted and be the main basis of this film's marketing. Just please dont call the film "Batman VS Superman".

The story I would love to see adapted most in this film would be "Public Enemies". It would be a no brainer to do that story since Lex Luthor is the main villian in it (and that they already dropped hints to his existence in Man Of Steel. Not to mention Superman WILL be able to physically fight Luthor) and there is enough action in the story to satisfy the apparent need to make a typical summer popcorn special effects action movie, just like they did with Man Of Steel.

Superman/Batman will no doubt be EPIC. Just thinking/saying "Superman and Batman, together!" is epic. Just dont make it TOO epic. Justice League is where you want to make it TOO epic, but I'll worry about that when we get there. Again, all that said, I look forward to this film (no, not just so I can complain about it on the internet leading up to and after it's release).

I'll contribute something that is 1 million percent positive, the press release and same detials, BUT also a picture of the logo projected on screen:
Superman Homepage - News: July 20, 2013: Zack Snyder Announces "Superman/Batman" Movie

I think the fact Snyder and Goyer are back is proof Warner Brothers was very happy with MOS. Still, I agree mostly. I hated Man of Steel and I was hoping a sequel would feature new people behind the scenes. The real reason they're doing this is to tease Batman into the Justice League universe. It's actually pretty clever. We just had a Batman reboot series, one of the most successful franchises of all time. It's too soon for a new Batman solo movie reboot, so they're sliding him in the backdoor by having him share with Superman. From a business sense, it works. Marvel had a bunch of big hits with Iron Man, Thor, etc and got a massive mega hit with the Avengers. WB has pretty much guaranteed itself two of those mega hits with Superman/Batman and Justice League. I'm interested, but my excitement is in check.

kid rabbit

suddenly man of steel makes more sense
they giving us superman they were setting up that charter from the dark knight returns
the government stooge
get ready for angry feminist wonder woman and idiot Hal Jordon

the greenman

I got two major thoughts on this:

1. NOW MOS makes sense as Kal El was being set up as the big brute. All you need is Batman to go up against him. I'm not saying Supes is going to be in cahoots with the gov, quite opposite.

2. The options of villain will probably be Luthor, Metallo, or Brainiac. Knowing Bruce he and Luthor probably been had kryptonite and now the pieces make sense in their world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

@kanc What were the episodes in the "Secret Agent Loud" compilation?
I think that Regular Show and Phineas and Ferb should both stay gone. Both shows ended in a high note and bringing them back would likely negate the impact that the finales had. Although I was never a fan of P&F myself.
What's going on with the members? Everyone went out for a break? In the last like 30-40 minutes there are either 2-5 members online, or only myself.
WOO HOO! Cartoon Network had terrific ratings! I knew Craig of The Creek Was A Huge hit!

Now I hope @Light Lucario is right and the show has staying power during reruns. Which I think is a great step to buy CN some time for new cartoons.
I'm generally 'eh' about Disney Channel, but I like these idents:

They're fun and colorful. I miss cool brandings like these.

Featured Posts