R.I.P. Ginger Baker (1939-2019)

Low Spark of Lyman

Y’know, I think the poor guy's screwy.
Hall of Fame drummer Ginger Baker has died today at the age of 80.

Baker is best known as a member and co-founder of the rock supergroup Cream, which also included Jack Bruce (who passed away almost five years ago) and Eric Clapton. He was also a member of the Alexis Korner group Blues Incorporated, the Graham Bond Organisation (both with Bruce), Blind Faith (with Clapton) and Ginger Baker's Air Force.

Baker often recorded in Africa during the 1970s, often collaborating with Fela Kuti, and later worked with the likes of Public Image Ltd, Hawkwind, Bill Frisell, Charlie Haden and Gary Moore. His last album, Why?, was released in 2014.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Doctor's referrals are the new bane of my existence.
Aiko's outfit is the biggest reason she's the first character I've gone with for my celebration of Magical Doremi. It's something I would totally wear, and it would be super easy to cosplay.

ODS-EP34-057.png
also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

Featured Posts