Perfect actress to play Lois Lane....

DR.MID-NITE

The Original
I mentioned this is an older thread. But, I think it deserves it's own. But, Andrea Parker from the tv show the Pretender IS Lois Lane....
parker1.jpg

oranthal

Superman: A hero in life and in death
i haven't seen andrea parker in any other roles, but just by using her character in Prentender, she is a bit too hardcore for being Lois. in terms of looks however, she is a good fit.

DR.MID-NITE

The Original
Oranthal,
I saw her in an interview. She was completely different. She was smiling and friendly. But, still had the "don't mess with me" presence that is Lois Lane.

Bats,
The problem with Dana is she is not that young anymore. Don't get me wrong she is still beautiful. But, you can tell she is no kid anymore.

Barb Gordon

Nin-Mod
Cox is good, but she's not the right physical build for the role. I'm sorry but she is so freaking skinny it's ridiculous, and that's not Lois Lane at all. Andrea Parker really has a great build for the Lois Lane character, feminine, strong, healthy. And she looks great in a skirt/suit ensemble which Lois is normally in. And if she's not overly hardcore and can be funny and feminine too, then she really would be a great Lois Lane.

~Barb

James

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Barb Gordon
Cox is good, but she's not the right physical build for the role. I'm sorry but she is so freaking skinny it's ridiculous, and that's not Lois Lane at all. Andrea Parker really has a great build for the Lois Lane character, feminine, strong, healthy. And she looks great in a skirt/suit ensemble which Lois is normally in. And if she's not overly hardcore and can be funny and feminine too, then she really would be a great Lois Lane.

~Barb

I would have reservations aboutCox - not for the same reasons. Lois has never been particularly large, so I have no problem on the weight size (as I had no problem with Keaton on the height issue) but I think her rendition would be too close to Margot Kidder's in the original movies. She has that same sort of character and intensity in both Friends and more importantly scream. They should look for someone softer.

A softer Lois would be better, since Lois has toned down a bit since the eighties. I would suggest an unknown, but for the sake of topic I'd go for.... hmm, something controversial... Debra Messing from Will And Grace. Strong lead actress, with good timing and acting abilties. She looks different from all the other actresses suggested. No offense guys, but do we have to have someone who looks identical to the Lois stereotype? CAn't we branch out and do something different?

Bobby Boy 101

Demi's Throttle
If Courtney Cox looked like she did in the first SCREAM, then yes, she would be perfect 4 Lois! But now she lokks like some emaciated 12 year old girl.

I was thinking Angie Harmon would be a good fit.. .

The Electric Knight

I believe in Gotham City
I agree Bobby. I was watching the original Scream the other week and I was thinking how perfect she was for Lois. But if she was to do it now, she'd have to start eating again.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Action! wrote on Dr.Pepper's profile.
Congrats on being promoted!
seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) live tomorrow night (as of this post) :D
I've been promoted to moderator/staff member, just a day after my account turned 7 no less!
Forget "Game of Thrones" and "Walking Dead". I still say "Once Upon a Time" is the best show of the 2010's.
Regarding MeTV Toons, do you think one day that they’ll start airing shows from the 2010’s? Stuff like The Looney Tunes Show or Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated?

Featured Posts