"Harold and the Purple Crayon" the Movie (spoilers)

SpongeBobFan2004

entering the next level
Staff member
Reporter
Inside of his book, adventurous Harold (Zachary Levi) can make anything come to life simply by drawing it. After he grows up and draws himself off the book's pages and into the physical world, Harold finds he has a lot to learn about real life--and that his trusty purple crayon may set off more hilarious hijinks than he thought possible. When the power of unlimited imagination falls into the wrong hands, it will take all of Harold and his friends' creativity to save both the real world and his own. "Harold and the Purple Crayon" is the first film adaptation of the beloved children's classic that has captivated young readers for decades.
Scheduled to be released on August 2, 2024, the film is directed by Carlos Saldanha, produced by John Davis from a screenplay by David Guion & Michael Handelman, based on the books by Crockett Johnson. This is gonna be Sony Pictures' second take on "Harold and the Purple Crayon", which there used to be an animated tv show that they produced (via CTTV) that aired on HBO Family from 2001 to 2002.

TnAdct1

Ravioli, Ravioli
Some people haven't learned from the disaster that was the live-action version of The Cat in the Hat.

Pooky

Staff member
I've honestly never heard of the book, don't know if that's generational, UK vs US or just me.

"Crocket Johnson House" sounds like a Miami Vice joke...but I assume it's not.

It's kind of weird that it's an adult protagonist and Levi's schtick is wearing pretty thing, but it looks somewhat charming and at the very least it seems like we'll be getting some traditional (looking if not actual) animation from it.

Rated PG for Mild Action and Thematic Elements lol

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.
I am so happy about the Toonami Rewind block. I am so glad it finally happened.
Well, this is how the animated "Married with Children" looks like.
It's interesting how Disney Junior is rebranding, first with the logo, and now educational curriculum being developed under Disney Junior Education And Inclusion rather than the Disney Junior Educational Resource Group.

Featured Posts