"Doctor Strange" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
I wonder if she's playing Clea I can see it now.

Stephan: So if you're the ancient one why are you white?
Clea: Oh my gosh Stephan, you don't just go around asking ancient sorcerers why they're white!

Frontier

Staff member
I assume it would probably be the Linda Carter version, who is the Night Nurse with the most connection to Stephen in the comics, though I wonder if Rachel McAdams could be up for either her or Clea? Heck, considering this is the MCU, maybe both :p?

Though interesting that the movie's intending to use a character or identity led to the DD team to have to find someone else to fill that identity. Sounds like what the DCTVU has had to contend with for a while now, just not as intrusive or problematic :confused:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
8/5: Cinematographer Ben Davis commented on Dr. Strange:
It has a very psychedelic grounding, and it's not your typical Marvel action movie.

Most of the work within it is about other dimensions. And I described it, I think, when I was talking to Marvel as Marvel's 'Fantasia,' in a way, because it’s so sort of out there and different to everything else that they've done.
If Ant-Man was any indication, I think I'll be whispering "Whoa..." a lot in the theater.

8/6: Description of Strange's costume. Feige quoted saying movie will have a, "firm footing in the shadowy world of the occult and supernatural."

8/15: D23 coverage
Cumberbatch recording:
get girls, cars, explosions, and astral projections into multiple universes; The usual fare
Feige:
He’s an extraordinary character, brings in a whole other dimension—hmm, multiple dimensions—to the Marvel universe
Description of concept art shown:
Images in the concept art reel reveal the classic origin story: a wounded surgeon seeking alternate ways to heal his destroyed hands finds his way to a mystical Eastern sanctuary that leads him to an order that holds the keys to another dimension. [We see] cars levitated into the air; buildings turning over Inception-style, Benedict Cumberbatch in the red cape. Tilda and Chiewetel in costume, bizarre otherworldly dimensions. Insane colors. No creatures, alas. But there will be. Final shot of [concept art shows]: Strange [with gray temples] doing energy blasts from his hands. grey temples. Also of note, the art for The Ancient One was an old asian dude. Pre-Swinton casting or are we getting something weird?
Chiwetelu Ejiofor in costume, eh? Looks like the guesses here were onto something.

Frontier

Staff member
I would guess Dormammu, unless they want to save him up for a future movie and maybe hint at him at first, who I imagine they'd pull off with Mo-cap and CGI, so it would be primarily his voice used. I'd be shocked if they don't connect Mordo and Dormammu in this.

I could also see him as maybe Nightmare or Mephisto, who I could see in a Dr. Strange movie as well :cool:.

the greenman

What came out of D23, was a sizzle reel based on Strange's origin. So as much as they said it will not be that, we will get something about his past. This film, however, is placed in an existing universe, so I wouldn't be surprised to any pf those guys mentioned.

Right now would be the perfect time to introduce Mephisto. In the comics he plays a big role in the Infinity stuff. Playing lackey to Thanos and Death. Even though I kinda think Loki fits that part better right now, introducing Mephisto has some legacy with other characters from Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Blade, Dr. Doom, etc.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I see her more as playing Clea, but then again there is that element of Night Nurse being intended for an MCU movie...heck, maybe it'll be both in one :p?
I'd prefer them be separate characters but I can see that happening...

the greenman

Yeah, I heard the old script didn't even have Clea. Marvel seems the opposite of DC where they are stingy with their characters. Even when some appear, they disappear as quickly as they came.

Where's Echantress?

Frontier

Staff member
I'd prefer them be separate characters but I can see that happening...
Same, and while I like Night Nurse as a love interest for Stephen, I'd be fairly disappointed if we never had Clea show up or her relationship with Strange touched on :(.

That and the MCU could use more fun, super-powered females, and Clea would be perfect for that ;).
Yeah, I heard the old script didn't even have Clea. Marvel seems the opposite of DC where they are stingy with their characters. Even when some appear, they disappear as quickly as they came.

Where's Echantress?

Ragnarok seems like the best chance for her to show up, so I hope she's in it, but it is kinda sad that her sister appeared before Amora did...though I guess it's kind of the unfortunate consequence of the major Earth focus the first two Thor movies had, which reduced the impact and attention to the Asgardian cast.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
Hopefully it's just a small role we need him.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Feige confirms it will be an origin story.

On Rachel McAdams' character
She plays a very, very big part in the movie and represents a certain point of view of the worlds that we experience in that movie, but Doctor Strange, without a doubt, is the character we follow through the movie/
On Tilda Swinton
We get an amazing actress to play an amazing character, and do it in a way that's very unique and doesn't fall into any outdated stereotypes that sometimes pop up in the comics from years past. It's funny you ask 'Will Tilda Swinton be playing a woman?' and you ask it because she does an amazing job of being sort of ambiguous in terms of gender. I think you'll see us playing it in ways that she's played other characters that way. Clearly she's a woman, but it is very ambiguous in her portrayal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy Father's Day!
I swear to God, no one really hates Cartoon Cartoons/CN Studios library more than Warner Bros. Discovery do.
Ultraman Rising is the #6 movie on Netflix Worldwide.
Inside Out 2 is gonna be doing huge box office numbers.

Featured Posts