Could Electric Emu Be Similar To Companies Like Titmouse And Laughing Wild?

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
When Craig Gerber's third show, Firebuds, was announced back on October 28, 2021, it was also said that the series would be made under his new production banner, Electric Emu. This is part of the deal he made with Disney back in 2018, where it was announced that he would make content for the company. One thing I'm wondering is if the company will be similar to companies like Titmouse and Laughing Wild, where they created at least one show before and will be an executive producer for a lot of projects, but mainly help in getting shows off the ground and less about creating their own? I'm not expert when it comes to stuff like this, but I want to get this out there.

Titmouse was founded by Chris Prynoski and his wife Sharon Bennett Prynoski in the early 2000s. He had previously created the show Downtown for MTV. After establishing Titmouse, he only created/co-created a few of his own. Sure, he was a director for Megas XLR and Turbo Fast, but besides that, he only created the Disney XD show Motorcity and helped to develop The Legend Of Vox Machina for Amazon Prime Video (the credits for the latter series say "developed for television by Critical Role and Titmouse", so I'm counting that). He's credited as executive producer for a lot of Titmouse projects, from Metalocalypse to GI Joe Resolute for adults, older kids shows like Hanazuki Full Of Treasures and Niko And The Sword Of Light, and preschool shows like TOTS and Archibald's Next Big Thing, but he didn't create any of these shows.

Laughing Wild is a company that was first announced in 2020, coming from Doc McStuffins and Vampirina creator Chris Nee. This production company was announced a few years after it was said she'd be making content for Netflix. While she would make her own shows under this production banner (mainly We The People and Ridley Jones), her company is also credited for helping to develop Ada Twist Scientist, Spirit Rangers, and Dino Daycare. All of these shows had colleagues that she worked with as showrunners (Kerri Grant, Karissa Valencia, and Jeffrey King respectively). Granted, Ada says that she developed it, but Kerri is explicitly said to be the showrunner.

Now where does Electric Emu come in? It was also announced in the Firebuds article that Kris Wimberly (storyboard artist for Elena Of Avalor and director for Firebuds) would be getting his own Disney show that's about a time traveling treasure hunter. Craig Gerber is said to be an executive producer alongside him, meaning that Electric Emu is most likely helping to get his show off the ground.

What do you think though?

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I mentioned this here.

Nexonius

Ten, count em', ten years!
I think it's just a production company that produces anything Craig Gerber is involved in.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Since it's May the Fourth, might as well post this bit of trivia:

DePatie–Freleng Enterprises- known for The Pink Panther, mid-60s Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies, many Dr. Seuss specials, The Bod Squad, and Time for Timer- handled the lightsaber effects for Episode IV.
I wonder if the new Dexter's Lab set will have Rude Removal on it. They were okay with putting The Whoopass Girls on the PPG set many years ago that they were advertising on Cartoon Network (albeit they muted every time it was said in the pilot). This set's clearly for adults.
They should file a lawsuit against MeTV Toons for stealing the classic cartoons away from Boomerang. Boomerang found the classic cartoons first.
Shiloh Otter wrote on LinusFan303's profile.
I will miss your use of Mouse as your pfp, but since your name is LinusFan303, having Linus as your pfp only makes sense.
I haven't seen a channel launch as promising as MeTV Toons since The Hub. Let's hope their similarities don't extend to fate.

Featured Posts