R.I.P. Jim MacGeorge (1928-2021)

Low Spark of Lyman

Y’know, I think the poor guy's screwy.
Voice actor and writer Jim MacGeorge passed away yesterday at the age of 92.

MacGeorge may be best known for impersonating Stan Laurel onscreen (including an appearance on Get Smart), often paired with Chuck McCann as Oliver Hardy. Ironically, MacGeorge did the voice of Hardy for the Hanna-Barbera/Larry Harmon animated series based on the duo (with Harmon himself voicing Laurel). MacGeorge and Harmon reprised their roles for The New Scooby-Doo Movies.

MacGeorge voiced Beany Boy, Crowy and Uncle Captain Horatio K. Huffenpuff for the animated Beany and Cecil series; he would reprise Huffenpuff for the short-lived "New Adventures" series from Spümcø. Some of his other roles include Crazy Claws in The Kwicky Koala Show, Gort in The Mighty Orbots, Wimper in Clue Club and Dr. Wilmer Scarab in Bionic Six. His last voiceover role was Giovanni on "The Dangerous Duck Brothers" (from Random! Cartoons).

As a writer, MacGeorge worked on Jay Ward series including Rocky and Bullwinkle, Fractured Flickers and George of the Jungle.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Doctor's referrals are the new bane of my existence.
Aiko's outfit is the biggest reason she's the first character I've gone with for my celebration of Magical Doremi. It's something I would totally wear, and it would be super easy to cosplay.

ODS-EP34-057.png
also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

Featured Posts