Adult Swim & Burger King Present Big, Über, Network, Sampling

MDawg

Nerfariously planning
I didn't see a topic for this yet, so I thought I'd make one.

All this month, AdultSwim.com is giving you a chance to vote in 4 matches of Adult Swim pilots. Of those 8 shows, 1 will air on TV at some future date.

The week's match is as follows:

Today: Cheyenne Cinnamon vs Snake n' Bacon

Future matchups will be:

2/18 - Southies vs Duckworth
2/22 - Yappy Broads vs Neon Knome
2/26 - Soul Quest Overdrive vs Totally4Teens

This week's are up and available for viewing at http://www.adultswim.com/promos/bkbuns2010/index.html, and previews of future matches are also up for viewing.

Rawr

kinda shocked that theres been no talk about this.

Cheyenne Cinnamon vs Snake n' Bacon. Cheyenne Cinnamon wins imo. The pilot was just overall better for me. The jokes seemed to work better and this seems like it would work better as a series.

as for the others (current predictions could change when the pilot comes):

Southies vs Duckworth. Duckworth would have my vote. something about the animation style of southies makes me dislike it. plus the clip just wasnt that good imo. while Duckworth was... better. the balloon part made me laugh... alot. while Southies would be an easier series (atlease from what the clips made me think) Duckworth would have my vote.

Yappy Broads vs Neon Knome. Neon Knome gets my vote. That clip was just filled with win. Loved it. the animation was unique compared to other [as] shows. the comedy was there. everything about it was great. as for yappy broads... im iffy about this one after only the clip. makes me want to see more thats for sure.

Soul Quest Overdrive vs Totally 4 Teens. Totally 4 Teens would get my vote. This reminds me of the classic live action sketches during Wondershowzen. I loved it. the clip makes me want more and has me hoping more will come! as for soul quest overdrive... i dont know what to think of it.

of course all of this will likely change once the week comes that the full length pilot comes out for each.

but right now most of these shows have that little spark that makes me think "yea i could see myself watching that."

The Man in Black

I have 5 of broats
I don't know about the rest of you, but I find Snake N Bacon rather amusing.

BTW, that News Reporter guy in Duckworth seems incredibly familiar. Does anyone know what else he might have been in?

EDIT: His name is Matt Berry, and I was remembering him from The IT Crowd, if anyone's ever seen that. FYI that would be a rather amusing britcom for them to randomly pick up.

Last edited by a moderator:

btv

Cheyenne Cinnamon vs Snake n' Bacon - Cheyenee Cinnamon wins it. Snake n' Bacon would have more of a chance if Tim and Eric were wrapping up their show around now, but that's not the case and we're not in a need of another variety show.

Southies vs Duckworth - Southies. I enjoyed the wonky animation style. Definitely more appealing and has way more legs then an otherwise mostly solid Duckworth pilot. Duckworth would work as a special, but as a series it would get stale pretty quickly.

Yappy Broads vs Neon Knome - Neon Knome gets it, it's so darkly appealing and vibrantly deranged. Yappy Broads would just go nowhere fast. It's funny, though. But could you imagine that show getting a 20 episode season pickup and then watching all those episodes, week after week? No, I can't, and neither should you.

Soul Quest Overdrive vs Totally 4 Teens - Soul Quest Overdrive was Bible Fruits repackaged. They were funny once but as a series it's just not appealing. Totally 4 Teens gets my vote just because the pilot on the DVD that Adult Swim had in their Cash Grab Box made me laugh harder and longer then I have in a while, and the episode gets better and better every time I watch it. I was a huge fan of Wonder Showzen, so it gets my support.

Overall I'm pulling for Totally 4 Teens, then Neon Knome, then Southies. If Soul Quest Overdrive makes it (it has a pretty good shot), I won't be sweating it. It just seems like they're trying to put together a new Aqua Teen for a new generation, but who knows, I love Aqua Teen, so maybe I'll love this.

BigMac

Rebranded
Cheyenne Cinnamon vs Snake n' Bacon: Cheyenne Cinnamon. Cool art, but it looks like Robot Chicken. I'd give it a shot.

Southies vs Duckworth: Duckworth. I thought it had better humor than Southies.

Yappy Broads vs Neon Knome: Neon Knome. Looks interesting. Those big eyes..

Soul Quest Overdrive vs Totally4Teens: It's a tie! They are both funny. If I had to pick one, and I will, I'd pick Totally4Teens.

Do we get a free Whopper out of this? :confused:
We should.

Gilder

Cheyenne Cinnamon vs. Snake N' Bacon - I give it to Snake N' Bacon. I loved every sketch on the pilot. Cheyenne Cinnamon is good, but I just think that Snake N' Bacon was a little better (wasn't Snake N' Bacon confirmed already that it was not being picked up?)

Southies vs. Duckworth - I hate Southies. I didn't laugh once at all. I thought of it just being annoying. Duckworth has the potential for great things in my opinion, so I pick Duckworth.

I can do the other two as I'd rather see the full pilot instead of judging it on just a quick clip. I'm really excited to see Neon Knome and Totally 4 Teens though.

BTW, that News Reporter guy in Duckworth seems incredibly familiar. Does anyone know what else he might have been in?

EDIT: His name is Matt Berry, and I was remembering him from The IT Crowd, if anyone's ever seen that. FYI that would be a rather amusing britcom for them to randomly pick up.

He's also Dr. Lucien Sanchez in Garth Marenghi's Darkplace and Dixon Bainbridge in The Might Boosh :D

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong

[as] viewers probably know him as Dr. Sanchez on Garth Marenghi's Darkplace and Dixon Bainbridge on The Mighty Boosh.

PFFR made Neon Knome, I see. I thought it smelled like Wonder Showzen.

Robochao

No John Kricfalusi variety show?

I spit on this pitiful selection.

*spit*

Man all you ever talk about is John.K. Sooner or later if you're not careful you may become the next Jerry Beck and you are gonna preach to people about what is and what isn't a good cartoon, when you are completely confused. The difference between you and John.K is that he has some talent. You on the other hand have done nothing since the first day I met you. Make a cartoon and/or a original drawing and then at least try to criticize the work of someone else. Everything you have ever said always puts a gigantic target on your back.

Maybe you have acquired a good vocabulary and you may know how to type but you are still the tiny little boy that critiques everything like he is a god among men. I just hate your criticism even though me and you pretty much have the same interest in animation. I have a soft spot for John.K too but you shouldn't always take his side on everything nor should you go around quoting him from the animation bible.

soundmonkey44

Melancholic Man.
this conteset just reminds me how much Adult swim content has gone downhill...I pray none of these shows make it on the air.....except for maybe that neon one....it looks watchable.

RMZXKallen

Despite how cool the Neon Knome one looked, according to the votes Yappy Broads is going to win this (YB: 70% NK: 30%) :sad:

Southies just looked like something similar to what [as]'s target Audience eats up, so it figures it would win that round. :shrug:

The Man in Black

I have 5 of broats
Seems like all the better pilots are losing/have lost. Yay.. :shrug:

Totally 4 Teens right now is at 20% compared to Soul Overdrive. Go vote that thing up, guys!

soundmonkey44

Melancholic Man.
wow..checked the list again.....still severe dissapointment....if thats the kind of stuff people truly enjoy watching...then I guess we truly are heading toward a matrix type situation...lol. (with technolgy evolving, human mentality devovling and so on & soforth...)

but yea, when it gets down to the last 4...I hope southies wins...it looks to be the least of the 4 possible evils that are or will be winners.

Master Toon

No one liked any of the pilots? Not even Cheyenne Cinnamon? She looks like a great pick. Is it not cruse enough or something?

I'm glad that Totally 4 Teens lost. It was too much like Wonder Shozen. I just find shows like that use kids for adult entertainment to be a bit creepy.

The Man in Black

I have 5 of broats
No one liked any of the pilots? Not even Cheyenne Cinnamon? She looks like a great pick. Is it not cruse enough or something?

I'm glad that Totally 4 Teens lost. It was too much like Wonder Shozen. I just find shows like that use kids for adult entertainment to be a bit creepy.
Cheyenne Cinnamon was probably the best one that won, but I rather liked Snake N Bacon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
I'm rather sad that Neon Knome lost. I would much rather watch that than another season of Delocated.

The Man in Black

I have 5 of broats
I'm rather sad that Neon Knome lost. I would much rather watch that than another season of Delocated.
Neon Knome was awesome. How the heck did it get beat out by Yappy Broads? What's even that show's appeal? I wasn't entertained by any of it.

Also, I think they should have pited different shows against each other here. Of course a show like Soul Quest Overdrive is going to win out against Totally4Teens. It's more aqua teen stuff the average AS crowd apparently wants to see. T4T would have definitely beat out Yappy Broads IMO.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I REALLY HOPE Adult Swim puts an episode of American Dad before Sailor Moon on Toonami Rewind, CN's shows are NOT CAPABLE giving ratings by their sheer popularity.

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.
I am so happy about the Toonami Rewind block. I am so glad it finally happened.
Well, this is how the animated "Married with Children" looks like.

Featured Posts