My Little Pony The Movie — Deleted Prologue - Michel Gagné FX

No comments have been found at this time

Details

Dec 30, 2017 at 1:03 PM
Posted by AnotherRandomGuy
On any production, there's always work that end up on the cutting floor, and the My Little Pony Movie was no exception. Four months before its release, it was decided by the "Powers that be" that the film should be trimmed by 3 minutes to fit the distributor's wishes. Some stuff was cut from the middle, which was fine because it helped the flow of the film. The most disturbing decision, however, was the removal of the prologue. This part was featured right before the title appeared and set up the protagonists of the story in a stylized manner.

I learned of the demise of the scene shortly before the release and was deeply saddened by the news. I won't hide the fact that I completely disagreed with its removal, but take comfort in knowing that Hasbro has released the scene so that people can at least have a peek at what might have been.

The stain glass windows were beautifully designed by Alexia Tryfon, while Marc Fortin and Hein Schlebusch did an excellent job on the compositing. I handled the effects.

Michel Gagné
December 2017
0     0     1,014

Featured Posts