“Task Force Kampas” has launched on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One to keep your ongoing lockdown days busy. [A PS Vita version is expected to launch later this year]
“Task Force Kampas” – the product of Spain-based developers Casiopea and Hong Kong-based Eastasiasoft Limited – is a visit back to the old-school arcade-style shootâ€™em up with some Japanese game elements tossed in along with new, modern mechanics and randomly generated stages with hand-crafted bosses. “Task Force Kampas” can be finished and won but players can find a way to continue past the ending and claim even higher scores.
The storyline in “Task Force Kampas” features a team of outcasts in the wrong place during an evil invasion. Now they must contain the breach, save their friends and defend the universe from corruption.
Unique risk-vs-reward mechanics allow you to boost your power by attacking or you can repair your ship by ceasing fire. Meanwhile, seemingly endless challenges and a variety of unlockables keep you occupied for more runs.
“Task Force Kampas” will be available for US$5.99/â‚¬5.99 on these dates:
- May 5th: PS4™ Americas
- May 6th: PS4™ Europe, Xbox One worldwide
- May 7th: Nintendo Switch Americas/Europe, PS4™ Asia/Japan
- May 14h: Nintendo Switch Japan
- PS Vita version: Release date to be confirmed
A 20% launch discount will be available on select platforms and regions.
Key features include:
- Randomized stages
- Challenge a variety of hand-crafted bosses.
- Numerous runs to try and claim the high score on a single credit.
- Kill enemies to boost your power or stop shooting to repair your ship.
- A techno/synthwave soundtrack
- Unlock alternate color palettes and extreme difficulties.
- Save the stranded cocos for unlimited happiness