“Neon City Riders” – the Kickstarter-funded game developed in Mexico by Mecha Studios and described as a “cyberpunk turf wars adventure” – is currently scheduled to arrive on Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC on March 12, 2020.
Neon City used to be a nice place where you could raise your kids in the healthy afterglow of the neon lights, get an ice cream cone down at the corner neon-bathed ice cream shoppe and and play your trombone [or whatever] in the central park square while the neon signs seduced you into a neon trance. But everything is different since the gangs took over.
You will play the role of Rick in Casablanca, er, we mean, “Neon City Riders”. Rick is a masked vigilante in search of superpowers and companions to defeat the gangs, hordes of vicious enemies, solve puzzles, unlock new paths and complete engaging side-quests along the way to eventually liberating the decaying futurist Neon City from those pesky super-powered gangs.
- Unlock super-powers to enhance your strength and reach new areas.
- Explore the open-ended map of Neon City’s turfs in any order that suits you.
- Immerse yourself in a multi-ending story through cinema displays and dialogs of the more than 100 Neon City inhabitants.
- Recruit useful allies to obtain improvements in your adventure.
- Use all your abilities to complete puzzles and unlock new routes in your map.
- Help the city inhabitants to complete the side-quests and collect unique items.
- Enjoy the original soundtrack inspired in 80’s and 90’s video game consoles.
“Neon City Riders” will be available for $19.99 on the aforementioned platforms.