To say that Marvel made a big splash at San Diego Comic-Con would be not just an understatement, it would be wrong. The company did everything they could to make it clear that the MCU was going to be around for some time in terms of both their movies, and their Disney+ content. So while we won’t be able to recap everything in full, here are the biggest highlights from the event.
- Phase 4 will end this November with Black Panther Wakanda Forever, and a new trailer was revealed that beautifully showed the world without T’Challa in it.
- Phase 5 will start next year with Ant-Man Quantumania, and then have not one but TWO Avengers films in 2025 via Secret Wars and the Kang Dynasty
- Phase 6 will start with the Fantastic Four movie, which is set to start filming next year.
- If you recall, the original three phases were labeled “The Infinity Saga”, the phases we’re in right now have officially been dubbed “The Multiverse Saga”. Appropriate given the movies and shows that have already crossed the multiverse.
- On the Disney+ side of things, release dates were given for Secret Invasion, Loki Season 2, Echo, and a new trailer was given for She-Hulk. Adding to that, Daredevil will be in She-Hulk, Echo, and get a new 18-episode series via “Born Again” that’ll arrive in 2024.
- While not fully detailed, Marvel did show that they had plans for their films and phases going all the way into 2028.
- Two key omissions from the show was the long-gestating Armor Wars starring Don Cheadle, and there’s no indication about when the X-Men might pop up in the MCU as of yet.
So as you can see, they very much lived up to the “mega event” that was promised, as fans of the MCU are going to have things to look forward to for literal years to come.