"Zoids: Guardian Force" - Week Four - Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate this week's "Zoids: Guardian Force" episodes!

Votes: 7 87.5%

Votes: 1 12.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

William C. Maune

TZ News Editor in Chief
Mobilize. This is the official talkback thread for the episodes of "Zoids: Guardian Force," new to Toonami, airing October 14th through October 17th at 4.5 PM (3.5 Central). "Zoids: Guardian Force" is the second season of "Zoids: Chaotic Century," which it is still referred to as on Toonami. Would anyone like to comment on these episodes? While this thread covers the entire week please feel free to post about the episodes as they air. See you on the battlefield!

Spoilers: If the episode has already aired on Toonami you do not need to worry about using spoiler tags. If you would like to comment on episodes that have not yet aired on Toonami you will need to use spoiler tags due to the number of people who have not seen the rest of the series. Thank you!

Episode Titles
Monday - 'Distant Stars'
Tuesday - 'Attack of the Geno Breaker'
Wednesday - 'Boy From the Ruins'
Thursday - 'Van's New Power'​

JetMaster5

ditching the "wing"
Good bye Zoids. It's been a good run. But all things must come to an end. You've gave joy, sorrow, and life to your characters. Characters that will forever be memorable as long as there is Zoids. But for now, so long. This will be your last week. Unless CN lightens up and decides to complete your run, then so long.

I had to say that! You might wanna ignore this post. After all, I'm just giving this show a memorial. :D :( :)

Beat

Retired
I never liked Zoids CC, I'll admit it. I've always considered it a poor man's Gundam. But cancelling it mid-run is simply wrong. So pack your DBZ children! It's going to be a long ride for Zoid CC fans, especially since they're not going to release DVD's for a LONG time.

raykremer

Note to those of you with VCRs: It's still on in the morning. Unless you're a Toonami snob or something, that'll do for watching the remaining episodes.

JetMaster5

ditching the "wing"
Originally posted by raykremer
Note to those of you with VCRs: It's still on in the morning. Unless you're a Toonami snob or something, that'll do for watching the remaining episodes.

Yea I know. I'm just commemorating the series for it's run on Toonami.

It's on at 6:00 am weekdays, right?

Beat

Retired
At least THAT run is reliable. I'm going to watch that, just to see the last eps. Who knows? Maybe they'll make me a Zoids fan.

Beat

Retired
Originally posted by William C. Maune
"Good bye Zoids."

_____If no one minds I'll start the Talkback threads up again once the morning run reaches the point where Toonami left off. Viva la Zoids!

That's actually a very good idea.

gtracer72

All hail Starscream!!
I love this episode so much. It gives so much info. on Ravens past and his hatered towards zoids. Of course the downside was, the new jerkoff of the series. You think Thomas was bad, this new Col. is even worst. Nothing is worst than a military leader who let the power go to his head and thinks that he is better than every one else. Oh boy, this will all hit him in the face tomorrow. He has no idea what he is up against. Irvine pointed this out, he forgot to include Raven in his calculations. I give this 5 stars.

The one thing bugs me to no end is Hiltz. What is this guys story. This is my third time watching this series and I still have no idea what his story is.

On a side note, why don't they double up on Zoids instead of G Gundam. If they want it off that bad, that would seem more logical. They could even double up on G Gundam and Zoids, then they could air DB/Z even more. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Beat

Retired
Hiltz has no motivation. Raven, on the other hand, is now a character I can sympathyze with. One question. If Raven hates Zoids, why does he pilot one?

Mackenzie Rainelle

Anime Psychoanalyst
Originally posted by Beatdigga
Hiltz has no motivation. Raven, on the other hand, is now a character I can sympathyze with. One question. If Raven hates Zoids, why does he pilot one?

Because that gives him the means to destroy other Zoids. I'd bet money that if the Genobreaker completely served its purpose and wiped out all other zoids on the planet, Raven'd do some kinda detonation thing on it.

That said, I feel sorry for the squirt. Seeing your parents murdered by a berserk organoid, seeing the guy who would've taken you home with him blow himself to pieces with about 30 other zoids, then when you try to go after the guy you think is responsible for the whole mess (and at age 9, having never touched a gun in your life, geez), only to be turned into his puppet. Bleh, his life sucked hard. And now when he finally thinks he's free to act on his own for once, POW!

Achika

Seeing Raven as a little kid just didn't work. I would have prefered if he was just naturally evil. Why does it seem like only US toons can have completely evil villians? And why did Raven hate zoids before his parents death? I'm guessing it was because work on zoids caused his parents to have not much time for Raven but that was never actually said. And when will Hiltz finally just go away? He's LAME!

Digu Volz

is yo' mama
For some reason they keep switching Zoids time from 6:00 to 630 and back again. It gets a bit annoying, since that's how I missed 'The Three Guards' the first time.

Does Raven hate zoids or does he hate people who can't pilot zoids ? If he doesn't like zoids and is that good of pilot, imagine how good he'd be if he actually liked them, but he doesn't, so why am he piloting in the first place... Makes no sense. Oh, wait, here's a quick solution:

Raven has MPD, or maybe not.

JetMaster5

ditching the "wing"
Man. Raven. Wow! Unbelivable! That's totally something that I didn't expect. They actually showed Raven's past. Amazing.

First, they showed Raven as a happy child who was suppose to have a happy life. He was always alone during his childhood due to his parents work on zoids. That's why he hated zoids.

Then the organoid went berserk and killed Raven's parents while beating up little Raven. Raven's hatred of zoids grew.

Then Dan Freheit, son of Van Freheit, decides to take Raven in as his own son. But then he died due to that *******, *******, *******, son of a ****** Prozan who was driven towards greed. Then Prozan tortured Raven until Raven lost his mind.

Wow. Raven actually DOES have a weakness. I love this series. :)

Battle Records:

None. Unless you count the simulations (which I'm tired of), there were no official battles.

Cannon Tortoise:
A slow zoid with a huge cannon mounted on it's back, this zoid isn't your ideal zoid. It's incredibly slow due to it's heavy armor. However it is great as a support fire, backup, artillary zoid.

EroSennin

The Frog Hermit
Well the good new is starting Nov. 18 they will finally show the last 4 eps of CC at 6:30 am

Chosen Raven

Bad-Ace Spirit Detective
Should be 5:30 Central. I watched and loved the series in its very first run. It does good all the things that brought me to anime in the first place. It's really too bad that it won't be on Toonami anymore. Sure I have a VCR, but so many others will miss it that early in the morning. The show won't get the recognition it deserves.

trunkschan90

Lover of Trunks plushies ^___^
We finally learn about Raven's past and it was all Prozen's fault he got that way, teaching a little kid how to use a gun. And
Prozen looks better in short hair.

StrangerAtaru

Hey, I want to be Ussop!
While I am still a tad misunderstood about why Raven hated Zoids, we finally find out that he was a product of several traumatic experiences, including Shadow killing his parents, Van's father getting killed by Prozan just when he was about to make him Van's brother (boy that would have been an interesting thing to see), then manipulated by Prozan to become the insane warrior he is today. (or at least when we met him in CC) I feel sorry for Raven, but who knows what could have been.

BTW: No way am I missing out on the end of this series. While not my favorite series, it is good enough to have drawn me in this far with interesting characters and situations.

Also, I think that one of the main reasons why many anime never really have "truly" evil villains like American shows is that they seem to have different definitions about "good" and "evil". What may be seen as good to one person is probably evil to another. Sure some just "evil" characters exist, but giving them layers and motivations just make them more interesting than just making them one-dimensional characters that just want to rule/destroy everything for no reason except that they can.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to admit, it's been a while since I read a really low-level, lazy clickbait article.
Ezra Bridger is a better Ezra than Ezra Miller. He at least repelled the Empire from his homeworld.
Today is the 25th anniversary of South Park, 18th anniversary of Foster's Home and 15th anniversary of Slacker Cats.

This day is full of anniversaries.
To my friends on the other side of the aisle: Aren't you tired of this? Do you think your cartoonishly ridiculous excuses for this crap sound remotely plausible to sane people? Doesn't defending the indefensible make you feel embarrassed and stupid? When is enough going to be enough? What will it take?
youtube Nickelodeon even uploaded sneak peek clip 6 min of upcoming episode of Young Dylan - The Gift Grift which was supposed to air last Thursday but was pulled at last notice

youtube Nickelodeon above banner STILL reads as That New Thursday Nights.. it may be a matter of time to remove that banner since there's no new episodes of Lay Lay and Dylan this time.

Featured Posts