"Zoids: Chaotic Century" Week One Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate This Week's Episodes!

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • **** 1/2

Votes: 4 16.0%

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • *** 1/2

Votes: 3 12.0%

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • ** 1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• * 1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

Vin

DVDtoons.com
Here is the official talkback thread for the episodes of "Zoids: Chaotic Century" new to Toonami July 29th through August 2nd at 4.5 PM (3.5 Central). Any comments on these episodes? While this thread covers the entire week please feel free to post about the episodes as they air!

Zoids: Chaotic Century - "Zoids: Chaotic Century", which currently airs at 6:30 AM on Cartoon Network, makes its Toonami debut at 4.5 PM replacing Zoids. "Classic" Zoids, as it is sometimes called on Cartoon Network, actually encompasses the anime series "Zoids: Chaotic Century" and "Zoids: Guardian Force". The Zoids series currently seen on Toonami is actually the third season of Zoids and is known in Japan as "Zoids: New Century/0." "Zoids: Chaotic Century" possibly takes many years before Zoids, but besides the animation style and use of Zoids there are no important links between the two series for first time viewers. "Zoids: Chaotic Century" features the story of Van, Fiona, and a Zoid named Zeke as they try to unravel the mystery of Fiona's past. "Zoids: Guardian Force" begins with episode 35 of Classic Zoids. It continues the adventures of Van a few years after the events of "Zoids: Chaotic Century." With an episode count of 67 Classic Zoids should continue with new to Toonami episodes through at least October. (Premieres Monday, July 29th at 4.5 p.m.)

Daisuke Jigen

Cob cob cobbity cob
better of the two!

I've been watching it in the morning for the last month or two, and it is definitely the more enjoyable (to me of course) of the two series on CN. I'm glad it gets to take center stage for a while.

Will Battle Zoids be taking its place at 5:30 AM central? :confused:

Mr. Obsession

Since I've already seen these episodes back during the first morning run I decided to vote now.

Anywho, because these first few episodes really serve as an introduction to the series they tend to be among the weaker episodes of the series, and things should be really flying by about week three. That and I've never cared much for the Shield Liger. :p

So a solid *** 1/2 to a solid beginning for Zoids: CC. :)

JetMaster5

ditching the "wing"
Man, that's some episode. The dub was kinda arkward but I wouldn't mind too much. I liked how Zeke was introduced and Fiona too. One thing though...why in the anime version is Fiona's hair blond while in the comic/manga version, Fiona's hair is green?

Nin-Nin69

[CUE SQUEALING FANGIRLS]
Its about time they get rid of that dam "Strike Laser Claw" and put on the real Zoids. I'm sick of waking up early in the morning to watch it like I did when I saw the fan dub of DB on my local public access station until they were sued and closed down when I was a kid. The best part of today's Toonami was no DBZ. 5 out of 5 for that. ;)

gtracer72

All hail Starscream!!
I gave it 4 stars. Mostly because this about the third time I've seen this epsiode. I still like, and it is a good introduction episode to the series. I still hope they show the last four episodes of GF. ;)

Mad Scientist

Monday's episode

I haven't seen this when it was on early weekday mornings. (Why take the risk?)

Anyway, since I'm new to Chaotic Century, my thoughts were, "Hey, this ain't too bad!" It was a little bit repetitive at times, but then again, this is just the start, and since I'm somewhat interested, I'll give it some more chances.

Anyway, this is a nice start to something I'm new at.

I'm still kinda ticked off, though, that they still just plainly call it "Zoids." Would it hurt just to use the whole title? They didn't do it on Zoids/ZERO (c'mon! A few extra letters wouldn't stuff up the screen), and if Chaotic Century was too long for them, they could've at least used Classic Zoids instead.

Rating: ****

DScythe

Nice...

I give it 4 1/2 stars. I like it better than the first series also. I was too lazy to get up and watch in the morning though heh

Fayina

I saw this episode and one or two more when they were played on Saturday in the afternoon. When I first so this episode, I instantly liked and couldn't wait to see more. I will definitely be taping it and watching it after work (and in a few weeks after school). I can tell this is going to be more story oriented and that is what I like about it. I also like the characters and none of them seem to have any annoying habits/traits that detract from the show. I really like it so far. :)

JohnCrichton

An astronaut!
Eh... I like Zero better.

I give the show so far a 2 1/2 to 3 stars. I like the character and world design better, but the overall feel is too relaxed to me.

Alot of that is due to the BGM and that the fight scenes aren't as kinetic and action packed.

Van/Ban talks to himself too much.

And I just don't feel the "BUSTER SLAAAASSSH!!!" outta these fights.

I'll continue to watch it, but I'm just not too impressed by it. Glad everyone else likes it tho!

DScythe, Fayina... j0! :)

Fayina

Hiya JC and Dcythe!!!! :)

It was strange to see two very familiar people post right before mine and after mine. ^^

Anyway... so I don't stray too far off topic, I will say that so far I like this one more than Zero (sorry JC ;) ). Zero was great and all, but it was just one zoid battle after another with no real plot or character developement. I did enjoy it and I thought the battles were super cool, but the original Zoid series definitely seems better to me as of right now. :)

JohnCrichton

An astronaut!
S'okay. I expect more people to like Zoids CC, cuz it does have a better and evolving plot. But for me, if you're going to have giant robots and fighting.... it's gotta be the best giant robot fighting action.

For me, any entertainment that has fighting in it has to be in importances 40% plot quality and 60% fight choreography quality.

And if you're not top notch in the 60% category, then that takes seriously away from my enjoyment.

The plot, while more creative than Zero still is cliche and nothing ground breaking, not to mention there's too much of a 'awww'-factor about it. Like, "awww, how sweet. Van loves his Zoid!" or "awwww, how sweet! Van and Fiona like each other!" or "awww, Fiona doesn't understand a gaht damn thing!"

That irks me, but I can see how others would like it.

So far it's not my thing, but I'm sticking with it all the way through. This only the very first episode and hasn't really gotten intermixed with the plot yet.

We'll see......

Mr. Obsession

Not to worry JC. Remember the first time you saw Zoids/0? Remember how the first two or three or four episodes were nothing compared to the rest of the series? Well both Chaotic Century and Guardian Force are like that. Once you get about five episodes in the show really begins. :)

CC (and later GF) do get a lot better, trust me JC. They just never quite reach the level of fun that Zero was. Though they do get close from time to time.

lupin the 3rd

Did thay show dbz today and if thay dident why not?

I liked it better in the moring I tend to like something better if I have to do something extra to get it. I mean gettin up a 5:30 kinda hard least it got me ready for school ya right I hated being tiered in class but least I got zoids god i'm so tiered.

BlackCat

The Dark Knight
I surprisingly like the series. After not being very impressed with the battle oriented Zoids New Century/Zero, I decided to give CC a shot. A good introduction to series. I'm very confused about the storyline, but that's okay since it is the first episode. I'm still confused about the whole living Zoids thing and the 'wild' and 'stray' Zoids. I can't wait to see the rest of the series.

Optimus81

I also like this new series. I find it to be much better than the previous Zoids, which, while fun, was nothing more than one big toy commercial, as far as I'm concerned. I mean, did you ever see one battle where it was just for the sake of fighting? And in the scenes with just the pilots, did you ever hear them talking about anything besides Zoids? Gimme a break.

This show, however, seems to have some substance to it. The war from years ago, the death of Van's father and the fact that he was a Zoid pilot so Van wants to immitate him, etc. Plus the animation was very good, and I found the fight scenes to be very decent. The only thing that kinda bugged me was that new Zoid, "Zeek" being "born." C'mon people, they're machines, not mammals.

All in all, however, a welcomed addition to Toonami. I gave it four stars.

Mr. Obsession

Originally posted by Optimus81
The only thing that kinda bugged me was that new Zoid, "Zeek" being "born." C'mon people, they're machines, not mammals.
As you'll find out that was just Van being his usual misinformed self. It was actually more like a cryo-tube. You know, suspended animation and all that.

D.Shaffer

Busou Shinki Cult Member #8
For those confused by the entire 'born' thing, you have to know something about the Zoids backstory (Which...isnt exactly explained as well in the anime as it could have been) Zoids, according to the backstory, are actually living creatures. They are, in fact, the native life forms of the planet Zi (Zi-Oids...Zoids), and evolved into a metallic based form due to the heavy concentration of metallic ions in the ocean. When humans crashed onto the planet, they went and 'domesticated' a bunch of them into war 'machines'. The anime story tends to gloss over this now and then, and by the time of Zoids/Zero they seem to completely ignore it. The manga follows the idea of them being 'living creatures' a bit more. The ancient Zoidians (Which you'll hear more about later) were the original humanoid inhabitants of Planet Zi, which in fine anime tradition look completely human. (The entire metallic thing explains why Fiona/Feene loves salt so much, anyways)

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to admit, it's been a while since I read a really low-level, lazy clickbait article.
Ezra Bridger is a better Ezra than Ezra Miller. He at least repelled the Empire from his homeworld.
Today is the 25th anniversary of South Park, 18th anniversary of Foster's Home and 15th anniversary of Slacker Cats.

This day is full of anniversaries.
To my friends on the other side of the aisle: Aren't you tired of this? Do you think your cartoonishly ridiculous excuses for this crap sound remotely plausible to sane people? Doesn't defending the indefensible make you feel embarrassed and stupid? When is enough going to be enough? What will it take?
youtube Nickelodeon even uploaded sneak peek clip 6 min of upcoming episode of Young Dylan - The Gift Grift which was supposed to air last Thursday but was pulled at last notice

youtube Nickelodeon above banner STILL reads as That New Thursday Nights.. it may be a matter of time to remove that banner since there's no new episodes of Lay Lay and Dylan this time.

Featured Posts