"Zoids: Chaotic Century" - Jan./Feb. - Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate this run of "Zoids: Chaotic Century"!

Votes: 3 75.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

William C. Maune

TZ News Editor in Chief
The best show you're not watching.* This is the official talkback thread for the early 2003 run of "Zoids: Chaotic Century." We are now in the show's second Toonami run. The show airs at 4.0 PM (3.0 Central). Any thoughts? If so, mobilize and start posting. While this thread covers the entire run, please feel free to comment on episodes as they air.

Spoilers: If the episode has already aired on Toonami this run you do not need to worry about using spoiler tags. If you must comment on episodes that have not yet aired on Toonami this run you will need to use spoiler tags due to the number of people who may not have seen the rest of the series. Thank you!

*This comment solely represents the opinion of this moderator and doesn't apply if you are already watching.​

Andy505

This will be my first time watching Zoids:CC (caught a few episodes later on and I had no idea what was happening), and I can't wait!

Z

zoids26

Well I just saw it this morning the last four of Zoids CC/GF will finally air I posted another thread saying they probabley wont air the final four again(speculation of course) but they even showed some scenes from it so I will be gone but I have three vcr's ready to go and one DVD recorder to tape and record them. So to all of us Zoids fans rejoice they will be here finally after almost 3/4 of a year. :D

Michael

Oro?
yay!! better see the final four!!! yippie, but not in the morning they gotten so far, and to start over today....o well id rather record it and watch in evening than morning anyways :)

Masamune2052

「waiting」
SWEET ALVIS, THE FINAL FOUR!!! *passes out from lack of oxygen to brain*

I had no idea that Toonami was getting Zoids: CC back, I just turned it on to see if I had missed Dragonball Friday, so you can imagine my excitement when I see scenes from the Final Four. Of course concerning the Final Four, I'm not going to get my hopes up too high until I see it.

JetMaster5

ditching the "wing"
Damnit! I only caught the last half of today's episode! And I didn't even get to see the new intro....

Must go to TDA...

Battle Records:

Zeke & Van/Ban vs. Guysack:
Any zoid that gets defeated by an organoid and a little kid sure means that that zoid sucks big time. And any pilot of that zoid that gets defeated by an organoid an a little kid should never be a zoid pilot, ever. And that's just what happens over here. Against all odds, Zeke and Van, without a zoid, was able to defeat a zoid that 50 times larger and bigger then themselves with only the organoid's rocket boosters. Quite a fight, between two rookies.

Shield Liger Z vs. 2 Command Wolves (Nero and Bianco's Specialty):
The action is really limited to just a few animation scenes that pass over in a blink of a eye. The Command Wolves just fired away, and the Shield Liger Z just dodged them right away and bite down the Command Wolves in it's counterattack. Pretty good, for the debut of a Shield Liger, the pre-evolved form of the Blade Liger.

Mister Intensity

I watched Zoids: Chaotic Century for the first time and I enjoyed it. I'm interested enough to watch the next few episodes.

Mister Intensity

Behonkiss

Just put an X here and here...
ARGH!

The first time CC aired, I wanted to watch it but decided not to because I had missed the first week of episodes since I was at the beach. I assumed that they would rerun the show, but whoopdedoo, they didn't.(At least G Gundam restarted today, and I've seen the first 6 episodes of that.)

The problem? I totally forgot CC was returning today and ended up going to see The Two Towers while it was on!

Could someone please set up a spoiler box with a summary of the first episode, so I can start watching tomorrow?

William C. Maune

TZ News Editor in Chief
No spoiler box is actually necessary now that the episode has now aired during this run, but as you requested:

The show opens with Van on his hoverboard being chased across the desert by a guy piloting a Guysack (Scorpion-type Zoid). The guy starts firing at him and Van's hoverboard is damaged as Van tries to take cover in some ruins. Part of the ruins collapse, burying the Guysack in a bunch of rocks. As Van takes shelter in the ruins, two guys working with the Guysack pilot come to the pilot's aid with their Command Wolves. They begin firing on the ruins which knocks loose an entrance to a passage Van had not previously discovered. Here Van finds still working electricity and two green tube-like things. He opens one of them and a Zoid is born. Van tries to introduce himself, but the Zoid hits Van upside the head with his tail. Suddenly, the Guysack busts into the room, seeking revenge on Van. Van tries to fight it off to allow the newborn to escape by shocking it with one of the electrical wiring tubes, but Van is hit into the wall. Then the Zoid tries, but is brutally counterattacked and finally hit into the wall. Van tries to keep the Zoid from attacking again, but the Zoid gets up, puts Van on its back, fires its jets and rams into the Guysack until all three are out of the ruins. The Command Wolves begin to give chase to capture the new Zoid as the Zoid carries Van to a very old, run down Shield Liger. The Zoid deposits Van in the cockpit, begins to glow and jumps into the center of the Liger. The Liger suddenly springs to life as good as new. Van, with the Zoids help, defeat the two Command Wolves. Afterwards, Van names the Zoid "Zeke" after his father's Zoid. (It was also revealed in the episode that his father had died five years earlier defending the village and that Van wanted to grow up to be a great Zoid pilot just like his father). Zeke quickly leads Van back into the chamber where it was born. There Zeke and Van open the other green tube-like thing expecting to find Zeke's brother or sister. Instead a mysterious girl who seems to be approximately Van's age is revealed. Until tomorrow...

If anyone notices I forgot something or I have some wrong details please feel free to correct me. I was checking the boards for part of the time Zoids was on.​

Will Sturnick

J-Pop Addict
After watching the morning run since episode 13, its nice to see how the saga began.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael

Oro?
yea it is a WHOLE lot better than Zero, saw it for the first time all the way through, Vega and Bit, BAH! there "rivarilvy" lasted what 2 epsiodes, not enoguh for anyone to really care.

This CC is MUCH better :D

JetMaster5

ditching the "wing"
Originally posted by William C. Maune
...The Liger suddenly springs to life as good as new. Van, with the Zoids help, defeat the two Command Wolves. Afterwards, Van names the Zoid "Zeke" after his father's Zoid. (It was also revealed in the episode that his father had died five years earlier defending the village and that Van wanted to grow up to be a great Zoid pilot just like his father)...

I think you got this part wrong. Van named the organoid "Zeke" right after Zeke tail whipped Van. He said:

Van: [after being hit on the head and gets back up] Wow you sure are tough. But that's alright. I wanted a tough partner. (or something like that)

[Van walks up to Zeke]

Van: Maybe I should name you "Zeke" after my father's Zoid. He was tough...until he got destroyed.

Then after an intimate moment between Zeke and Van, the Guysack appeared. After much fighting and after Van watched Zeke getting beaten up by the Guysack, he said:

Van: [in horror] No......stop it...STOP IT! This was just like what happened to my father. He died 5 years ago trying to save my villiage. I don't want to see something like that happen again!

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to admit, it's been a while since I read a really low-level, lazy clickbait article.
Ezra Bridger is a better Ezra than Ezra Miller. He at least repelled the Empire from his homeworld.
Today is the 25th anniversary of South Park, 18th anniversary of Foster's Home and 15th anniversary of Slacker Cats.

This day is full of anniversaries.
To my friends on the other side of the aisle: Aren't you tired of this? Do you think your cartoonishly ridiculous excuses for this crap sound remotely plausible to sane people? Doesn't defending the indefensible make you feel embarrassed and stupid? When is enough going to be enough? What will it take?
youtube Nickelodeon even uploaded sneak peek clip 6 min of upcoming episode of Young Dylan - The Gift Grift which was supposed to air last Thursday but was pulled at last notice

youtube Nickelodeon above banner STILL reads as That New Thursday Nights.. it may be a matter of time to remove that banner since there's no new episodes of Lay Lay and Dylan this time.

Featured Posts