Zen's art Stuff

Zentron

For my first, I'll be posting some of the work I did 1997-98. Later posts will get newer and newer art works, up 'til my most recent stuff:

No critiques on these are needed, as they are past arts and I have moved on much since then! And are just to show what I used to do!

From 'post 5' you may make comments on the art I display!

Last edited by a moderator:

Zentron

2005 - onwards:

I have a lot more than this, but I'll be holding off posting all of them for nmoment!

Now I wonder how many of you will remember the characters in the first pic? ;)

Zentron

Here's a few storyboard frames for a 3 part Anime I'm in the middle of producing:

Yes the lines are cruddy in the colour ones, they were just for colour testing purposes, so no real attempt to fix them was needed.

*EDIT*
By the Way, all images posted from the post above onwards are commentable ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Zentron

These are just a couple of my fave pages from a fan-Manga adaption of the Dungeons & Dragons TV series, I'm currently drawing:

Comments are accepted of course ;)

Zentron

More of my D&Dc fan-Manga pages:

Also, the last image of my D&Dc fan-Manga that I will be displaying anywhere on another website/forum, other than my own:

Frozen

When Hell freezes over.
Strange. I can't think why nobody has posted a reply yet. :confused:

I like your stuff. I particularly like the D&D stuff. I was a big fan of the cartoon back int eh day, and your work really captures the characters and the setting. The figures are nicely rendered, the panels are well composed, and the backgrounds are nicely done.

There are some issues with your figure work, but nothing that can't be fixed with more practice. Keep it up, sir! :)

And your Tiamat totally rawks! :D

Leaping Larry Jojo

Searching for a map
People aren't visiting this forum since the abandoning of the jams. Problem is, not enough people contribute to them either (me included...I've lost access to a scanner).

Zentron

Strange. I can't think why nobody has posted a reply yet. :confused:

I like your stuff. I particularly like the D&D stuff. I was a big fan of the cartoon back int eh day, and your work really captures the characters and the setting. The figures are nicely rendered, the panels are well composed, and the backgrounds are nicely done.

There are some issues with your figure work, but nothing that can't be fixed with more practice. Keep it up, sir! :)

And your Tiamat totally rawks! :D
With the Diana pic, I did stop part way through and broke my concentration, which for some pics is not a good thing, especially one where I'm trying to marry together two styles!

Glad you liked my D&Dc stuff... I didn't show the first chapter as you can really tell that I was out of my element, the first few pages I really floundered, but came out alright in later pages, when I finally started to get used to framing pages. Before I started, I had never done any comic based art, it was mostly like that I showed in my early posts, single piece art, so I have only displayed chapter 2 pieces because it looks much better... plus most people(especially my age, or thereabout) would reconise the characters in their realm-wear ;)

Zentron

These are the next two pages from the Totally Spies: Forbidden Love cover I posted previously. The second I finished just the other night:

Temple Fugate

Really great backgrounds. You've also captured the bright color scheme of the show perfectly.

A few things things to work on: Clover's hair is looking a little frazzled throughout. The extra character on page 2, panel 2 looks so much like Sam I was confused until I noticed her clothes were different. She's also compositionally too close to the left edge of the frame. When you place a character looking left or right, you have to give them a good amount of breathing room in the direction they're looking, otherwise the viewer will feel an unresolved tension. In this case, because it's a background character we'll never see again, it's not critical, but keep this in mind as you continue thumbnailing future pages.

Zentron

Really great backgrounds. You've also captured the bright color scheme of the show perfectly.

A few things things to work on: Clover's hair is looking a little frazzled throughout. The extra character on page 2, panel 2 looks so much like Sam I was confused until I noticed her clothes were different. She's also compositionally too close to the left edge of the frame. When you place a character looking left or right, you have to give them a good amount of breathing room in the direction they're looking, otherwise the viewer will feel an unresolved tension. In this case, because it's a background character we'll never see again, it's not critical, but keep this in mind as you continue thumbnailing future pages.
It's not that difficult to get the colours right, plenty of screen caps to use for colour reference... but they are very bright aren't they!?

I'm still experimenting with her hairstyle, I'm trying to give it more depth than it did in the show originally, so I haven't found that perfect look yet!

I know my framework needs developing, but this is only my third comic project ever (second one cannot be shown due to site rules) and I am still in the learning curve, though I do improved with every frame!

The next page will be laid out better.... though mostly as there is only two views to the entire page :D

Racattack!Force

私は、ああ、くそっバットマンなんだよ !

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts