Zatch Bell: "Zatch and Kiyo's Oddysey" (spoilers)

Yash

dr. yashouzeke "loser" asakura
moviesimage.jpg
zatchbellimage.jpg

"Zatch and Kiyo's Oddysey"

A one hour clipshow describing the battles for Mamono/Mamodo King.

Addition by William C. Maune:

If anyone missed this Zatch Bell Recap and would still like to get caught up on the series, the special will air at various times throughout this week:

Sunday: 10pm
Thursday: 10pm
Friday Night: 12am
Saturday: 5pm

Scirel

WHY SO FRIENDSHIP?
I just realized I can just about excatly copy Ponygon`s voice. My sister says it`s creepy how close it is.. yeah...

So.. um.. any idea why this was made? anyone?

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Scirel said:
So.. um.. any idea why this was made? anyone?
It's supposedly for those who have missed the major episodes or plot points of the series previously.

Not that it's a big deal, though, considering the Kolulu flashback has already aired at least 5 times. :p

William C. Maune

TZ News Editor in Chief
Basically what Daikun said. My theory is that this is an experiment to see what kind of ratings something like this garners and to see if it gives a boost to the shows ratings overall. Considering that there seems to be more shows airing mainly premieres, with few if any repeats, this could turn out to be a pretty good idea. If on the other hand it flops, it's not like clip shows are all that expensive to make.

Sketch

not like those other old guys
I kinda think WS might have made this with Viz's permission. But if Viz made it then chances are very high that they'll air episode 26 of Naruto (aka the first season clip show recap).

Rabi~en~Rose

idolmaster
I think it was made as a test for CN to air once a week shows for more then 26 episodes before going into reruns I mean wouldn't it be great if long shows had new episodes every week all year?

since theres no weekday run planned :( I'm going to watch and hope it catches me up enough to be able to start watching the show again :)

StrangerAtaru

Hey, I want to be Ussop!
Its very rare to see a show last this long without any real reruns outside the midnight airing. I don't know if this is a test or not though...if it was a true test, they would air it at an earlier time instead of just some clip show they're prominantly airing through the schedule. Maybe I see it as this: with Naruto pretty much pre-sold and One Piece's prominence even with its crappy dub, they want to see if ZB has what it takes to be bigger than it is now..thus the clip show and its multiple airings. (this could also be said to why Bo-bobo is premiering its first ep. at least on Fridays)

Tash

Sketch said:
I kinda think WS might have made this with Viz's permission. But if Viz made it then chances are very high that they'll air episode 26 of Naruto (aka the first season clip show recap).
Heck, they might even air the hour-long episodes in their original formats. (they'd have to cut all of the fun out of 26 otherwise)

Djm912

Did I just hear the "yooooooo-ooohhh!!" from Tenchi Universe?

Now, it's official. Zatch Bell is why I am tuning into to Toonami week after week.

Archangel2385

Aquarian of the Heavens
Not bad

Am I the only one that really enjoyed the clip show? I haven't been watching Zatch Bell even close to every week, and this clip show did a great job of catching me up with the most current events. They even managed to include Sherry and Brago's little adventure in the jungle. The only thing they missed (because it's Kiyo and Zatch's recap) was that dark mammodo (Zilphos?). But once again, not surprised given who the recap was supposed to focus on Kiyo/Zatch.

An hour filled with major plot points and great mammado battles (Brago stills owns everyone) . . . . . 5 stars.

The clip shows was nice. I needed a reminder on a few things that had happen. And for the question about the fourth spell, the second time Kiyo said it he had more feeling in it so it worked.

Scirel

WHY SO FRIENDSHIP?
I assume Zatch is doing quite well on toonami,as it`s the only show with consistenly new episodes and not being thrown around the schedule like pingpong ball in the chaos that is the schedule for the next few weeks.

Tash

Is it just me, or did they get rid of the bubble gun? (Then again, it's only on-screen for 2 seconds during the big montage at the end, so I didn't see it very well.) It looked to me like a super-soaker. (and not the "funky-colored guns" like in one peice, it had a water holder and everything)

Can anyone else check to see if that's the case?

Rabi~en~Rose

idolmaster
that was good fun I don't feel very caught up. wish they would have said more about what memories Zatch got back exactly :( that 3rd spell is pretty original though I guess it wont get used very much. that singer guy is annoying by the way :sweat:

Meson

_
For an American-made Japanese aniem clip show, it wasn't bad. I have seen the Japanese do worse. I am interested in what this means for both anime and American cartoons, myself.

Tash

Rabi~en~Rose said:
that was good fun I don't feel very caught up. wish they would have said more about what memories Zatch got back exactly :( that 3rd spell is pretty original though I guess it wont get used very much. that singer guy is annoying by the way :sweat:
The only memories he got back were the memories of being mauled by anti-Zatch (and living in the forest, but that wasn't important).

Duke

Truer Words Were Never Spoken
That was a pretty cool clip show overall. And yea, I noticed the bank robber guy's shotgun went from black blob to One Piece-esque Super Soaker.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to admit, it's been a while since I read a really low-level, lazy clickbait article.
Ezra Bridger is a better Ezra than Ezra Miller. He at least repelled the Empire from his homeworld.
Today is the 25th anniversary of South Park, 18th anniversary of Foster's Home and 15th anniversary of Slacker Cats.

This day is full of anniversaries.
To my friends on the other side of the aisle: Aren't you tired of this? Do you think your cartoonishly ridiculous excuses for this crap sound remotely plausible to sane people? Doesn't defending the indefensible make you feel embarrassed and stupid? When is enough going to be enough? What will it take?
youtube Nickelodeon even uploaded sneak peek clip 6 min of upcoming episode of Young Dylan - The Gift Grift which was supposed to air last Thursday but was pulled at last notice

youtube Nickelodeon above banner STILL reads as That New Thursday Nights.. it may be a matter of time to remove that banner since there's no new episodes of Lay Lay and Dylan this time.

Featured Posts