Zatch Bell "Friends Getting Stronger" Talkback (Spoilers)

Another Recap? Arienai!

• 2 Arienai! Arienai!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0 This just sucked.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenGash

toonami192.jpg
zatchbell2.jpg

English Title: Friends Getting Stronger

-Introduction-
Every one thousand years, one hundred mamodo (not counting Toei made filler mamodo:shrug:) descend to Earth to battle each other for the right to become king of the mamodo world. There's only one problem--the mamodo need human partners in order to use their powerful spell books. If a mamodo's spell book is destroyed, he or she loses the battle and returns to the mamodo world.

The stone tablets. What are they? The malevolent Milordo-Z is ruthlessly gathering power to wipe out the remaining mamodos. While Dr. Riddles gathers allies to defeat this evil, the plans are already in motion...

-Six Weeks Ago-
Kiyo's school is having their "school olympics." Kiyo notices that he seems to be doing better than he did before. Others have noticed too and Yamanaka, Kane, and Iwashima all bet a portion of their lunches for each of the 4 categories they will compete in. Kiyo walks away with half of the grilled eels and all of the melon smoothies, while Yamanaka gets the other half of the grilled eels, and Iwashima takes all the steak. Having been beaten in 3 of the categories, Kane breaks his back to get the strawberry upside-down cake with chocolate topping. Much to Kane's anguish, all the cake was stolen from Penny, a mamodo who is looking for Zatch, her true love.

When she meets up with Zatch who is going to Kiyo's school it seems to be a happy reunion. Or is it? Having forgotten all his memories from the mamodo world, Zatch has completely forgotten about Penny and happily heads toward Kiyo's school, ignoring her. Penny is angry and wants revenge! A bewildered Zatch is found running from the demonic Penny.

The two run right into Kiyo's class causing chaos and mayhem. Finally, the two mamodo teams face each other. Kiyo tries to get Zatch to apologize and make up with Penny which ends up going nowhere. Even more furious, Penny attacks Zatch & Kiyo with Akur. Kiyo counterattacks with Zaker but it is absorbed by Penny's Ashield spell and sent right back at them with Ak Spreid. Penny then attacks with Oruda Akuron, a spell that creates several jets of water whips. Zatch and Kiyo stare at it, stunned...

-Today-
Today, Viz makes what appears to be another one-hour recap and sticks it right in the middle of a two-part battle. Nothing else to say I guess...

Spoilers: Don't spoil unless necessary and keep them in spoiler boxes.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Okay, if there is a Third Recap Special Around Episode 78, We'll Know That VIZ is either just making them for the heck of it or they think the auidence is in need of a lot of uber refreshers. Afterall, now with the show airing on Miguzi there's no reason that people who only saw the episodes weekly would so easily forget it, and with the DVDs coming out it's not like TV is the only place to catch ZB anymore. Not to mention that there are probably other shows that would need an hour recap special more then ZB that VIZ dosen't give them too. (Naruto for example). Oh well. Next week we'll go back to the main battle, but let's see how they excuse flashing back in the middle of fighting for they're lives. Or maybe they'll just have the flashback at some other point in the continuity. Whatever works for them I guess.

Tash

What a happy title. :)

I wonder if we're going to see any more of Viz's DVD fixes tonight. (In the last clip show, we got to see a shot from the DVD fix of episode 2 before the DVD came out)

sag_2002

Yay for the Folgore dance!

And, here's the Zatch/Tia amusement park ep we saw on Miguzi this week.

Tokoro No Ataru

Chupa Chupa Chupacabura
(rewatches Gash/Bari scene) Now that I've seen it again, I really wish that fight happened again. After the first time, a lot has happened...

The anime never really resolves Bari's situation, but the manga eventually does have him finally overcome what made him so fearful of Gash in another fight...only to have him and his rival Keys send each other back in a massive showdown.

BTW: I really wish they could have finished the Patie fight before this recap.

sag_2002

And, here's Zatch/Patie. Kinda makes the whole point of this episode pretty stupid. Oh well, we'll see the finish next week, barring any schedule changes.

LOL, this is my favorite scene in the series so far.

Tokoro No Ataru

Chupa Chupa Chupacabura
sag_2002 said:
And, here's Zatch/Patie. Kinda makes the whole point of this episode pretty stupid. Oh well, we'll see the finish next week, barring any schedule changes.

LOL, this is my favorite scene in the series so far.

You know if this episode wants to be more accurate to current events, they should really have all these thoughts coming to their head while Patie's multi-stream attack comes towards them...sort of like their lives flashing before their eyes. But of course, we don't get the conclusion until next week. Sad, huh?

sag_2002

Megaman X said:
o_o Tia thinks the tablet will work by giveing it a bath??

I think Tia nuturing the tablet like it was her mother was kinda cute. :anime:

And, here's one of the few episodes from this run that I missed the first time.

An army of toy soldiers? And, they're actually pretty strong.

Tokoro No Ataru

Chupa Chupa Chupacabura
OK, what's the point of redoing the Majestic 12 is they still screw up Big Bo...er, Lady Susan?

The sad thing is she's the only one that does anything for the rest of the series of those guys. Sure the others show up, but she is the only one that does stuff.

Tokoro No Ataru

Chupa Chupa Chupacabura
"The Evil Ones Will Show Themselves"....I wonder....

Sure, I know they're talking of Zolphis and the Lord Mamono, but something tells me they may also be talking of Riou and Faudo tower. Then again, that all depends if Raiku-sama was planning the Faudo arc while doing Lord.

Tokoro No Ataru

Chupa Chupa Chupacabura
Megaman X said:
Uhh guys...did they just show future events thats going to happen o_O..

Yeah, I saw the Lord arc stuff in there too...which probably would make more impact if it didn't include the end of Gash/Patie too!!!!!

Rabi~en~Rose

idolmaster
was that some upcoming battles there at the end I don't remember any of them :confused: not a bad special I think it worked better then the first actually

Master Moron

Hmmm...so Zatch Bell keeps it's preview at the end of the credits. I'm surprised they didn't move the preview and replace the ending with ads. What do they do with the Miguzi showing? Do they still have the ending?

Tash

Master Moron said:
Hmmm...so Zatch Bell keeps it's preview at the end of the credits. I'm surprised they didn't move the preview and replace the ending with ads. What do they do with the Miguzi showing? Do they still have the ending?
No, the ending AND preview are gone on Miguzi.

Railith

Most Dangerous
Although I really don't like clipshows, I like Zatch Bell and am glad we're getting new episodes.

adoptedBatpuppy

Confidence is the Key
:confused: Wow! So many mamodoes, I'm confused.
Who is Danny?
Zatch and Kiyo cry almost every time a good/friendly mamodo goes back to the mamodo world, is the world itself so horibble or is it just that Zatch and Kiyo also human partners going to miss their mamodoes!? :(
When did Ponygon found the owner of the book?
What happenned to Zatch's battle with his ex-girlfriend Penny, it's like she has evaporated!? :shrug: Unless the epsodes got switched..
Yes, Tia and her methods to awaken the stone are cute! :anime:

Tash

adoptedBatpuppy said:
:confused: Wow! So many mamodoes, I'm confused.
Who is Danny?
Zatch and Kiyo cry almost every time a good/friendly mamodo goes back to the mamodo world, is the world itself so horibble or is it just that Zatch and Kiyo also human partners going to miss their mamodoes!? :(
When did Ponygon found the owner of the book?
What happenned to Zatch's battle with his ex-girlfriend Penny, it's like she has evaporated!? :shrug: Unless the epsodes got switched..
Yes, Tia and her methods to awaken the stone are cute! :anime:
1. A one-shot momodo
2. They're mad that the momodo have to be torn away from their partner
3. Still a few months until that happens
4. You'll have to wait until next week to find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to admit, it's been a while since I read a really low-level, lazy clickbait article.
Ezra Bridger is a better Ezra than Ezra Miller. He at least repelled the Empire from his homeworld.
Today is the 25th anniversary of South Park, 18th anniversary of Foster's Home and 15th anniversary of Slacker Cats.

This day is full of anniversaries.
To my friends on the other side of the aisle: Aren't you tired of this? Do you think your cartoonishly ridiculous excuses for this crap sound remotely plausible to sane people? Doesn't defending the indefensible make you feel embarrassed and stupid? When is enough going to be enough? What will it take?
youtube Nickelodeon even uploaded sneak peek clip 6 min of upcoming episode of Young Dylan - The Gift Grift which was supposed to air last Thursday but was pulled at last notice

youtube Nickelodeon above banner STILL reads as That New Thursday Nights.. it may be a matter of time to remove that banner since there's no new episodes of Lay Lay and Dylan this time.

Featured Posts