Zatch Bell Coming back officially announced by Viz

Wonrei567

Wonrei,Laila,Li-en, and Albert
Well i emailed Viz and heres what they said

The dubbed version of the anime is no longer showing on Toonami at the moment, last showing episode 77. Earlier episodes can be seen on Cartoon Network's online broadband service, Toonami Jetstream. However, the manga editions are still being published in English every two months. Viz has announced at this years Anime Expo that the English dub of the anime will return to television eventually, although no arrangements have been made between Viz and Cartoon Network, and no episodes have been dubbed past 78.

SO no arrangements have been made but it will return:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
And this confirms that they haven't dubbed more episodes yet. It seems they're putting the show on hold and focusing on other properties at the moment.

Wonrei567

yesyes

yes i see that but they are going to bring it back though and thats all that matter to me and also if they have episode 78 why not just show it lol

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
I actually hope that this hiatus continues for a while, as I need to catch up on Zatch Bell (which I've been doing through Jetstream).

Though, I'm sure I'm in the minority here... :sweat:

Master Moltar

Knows what's on before you
Viz: What? We have a show called Zatch Bell? That doesn't sound like Naruto or Bleach!

So I guess CN won't pick up another season until it's actually dubbed first. Looks like it'll be a while.

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member

The dubbed version of the anime is no longer showing on Toonami at the moment, last showing episode 77. Earlier episodes can be seen on Cartoon Network's online broadband service, Toonami Jetstream. However, the manga editions are still being published in English every two months. Viz has announced at this years Anime Expo that the English dub of the anime will return to television eventually, although no arrangements have been made between Viz and Cartoon Network, and no episodes have been dubbed past 78.

SO no arrangements have been made but it will return:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

What is Viz's e-mail?

Wonrei567

i know

yeah thats how i contacted them and yes we have a show called zatch bell its awsome they have spell books and everything

Note from William C. Maune: Post edited for discussion of how to illegally watch episodes.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
yeah thats how i contacted them and yes we have a show called zatch bell its awsome they have spell books and everything look on youtube to watch some episodes

Yeah...

Pointing out illegal copies of copyrighted episodes is kinda prohibited around here.

It'd be better to say, "Look on Jetstream to watch some episodes."

Sketch

not like those other old guys
In other words... the US was left hanging when Canada at least got a closure to the fight. Darn it... well they get screwed more than we do I still so I guess it doesn't matter.

Nothing dubbed beyond 78 though? I know Studiopolis is busy with a lot of things but seriously? Those would have finished dubbing late last year and they haven't dubbed an episode since? Yet they still say it's coming back? Yeah Viz, don't count on it.

This explains why it hasn't been back for over half a year though so at least there's that. And it's on Jetstream for reruns so I guess reruns on Toonami wouldn't be particularly benefitial. Then again, why not swap its reruns into a 7 hour slot? What could it hurt? If the prescense of the show dies entirely then the best Viz will get is premieres on Jetstream.

Okay so we know Zatch has nothing left but 1 episode that they're not going to bother showing. Assuming they didn't bomb though... MÄR and The Prince of Tennis both have 52 dubbed now and the rest of MÄR is supposedly in the works but I'm not sure if they've started dubbing yet. Maybe I could ask Kyle Hebert next time I find him online. No word if PoT is still being dubbed but since it's outsourced to Salami Studios while MÄR and the rest of Viz's shows aren't at Salami I would imagine they could start just about any time but haven't chosen to do so yet.

Given all that. My bets are on MÄR returning this Fall with a slight chance of PoT returning. And having both back along with FUNimation One Piece, Naruto and maybe Blue Dragon would be pretty dang awesome.

Thanks for getting this cleared up BTW. It answers several question I really wanted answers to. Unfortunately the answers are lame.

Master Moron

Yeah, cause Cartoon Network is really going to want to air a series that has been off the air for a year. That was sarcasm, by the way.

In other words... the US was left hanging when Canada at least got a closure to the fight. Darn it... well they get screwed more than we do I still so I guess it doesn't matter.

Nothing dubbed beyond 78 though? I know Studiopolis is busy with a lot of things but seriously? Those would have finished dubbing late last year and they haven't dubbed an episode since? Yet they still say it's coming back? Yeah Viz, don't count on it.

This explains why it hasn't been back for over half a year though so at least there's that. And it's on Jetstream for reruns so I guess reruns on Toonami wouldn't be particularly benefitial. Then again, why not swap its reruns into a 7 hour slot? What could it hurt? If the prescense of the show dies entirely then the best Viz will get is premieres on Jetstream.

Okay so we know Zatch has nothing left but 1 episode that they're not going to bother showing. Assuming they didn't bomb though... MÄR and The Prince of Tennis both have 52 dubbed now and the rest of MÄR is supposedly in the works but I'm not sure if they've started dubbing yet. Maybe I could ask Kyle Hebert next time I find him online. No word if PoT is still being dubbed but since it's outsourced to Salami Studios while MÄR and the rest of Viz's shows aren't at Salami I would imagine they could start just about any time but haven't chosen to do so yet.

Given all that. My bets are on MÄR returning this Fall with a slight chance of PoT returning. And having both back along with FUNimation One Piece, Naruto and maybe Blue Dragon would be pretty dang awesome.

What makes you think either of those shows will return in the Fall? If they wanted to bring them back they could do it right now.

Sketch

not like those other old guys
Well yes and no. Have you noticed how much pre-emption there has been? And they also wanted to give Storm Hawks a prime slot to try it out on Toonami (though that may not be the case and it's just filler).

They want to finish Bo-Bobo so they're rarely pre-empting it but once that's done they could certianly bring back MÄR either with a lot of purpose in hopes of getting some Bo-Bobo audience watching it or on a whim to see if it really is a failure. They've done that kind of thing before though MÄR is no Kenshin that's for sure.

But look at it this way. What else are they going to air? They've already got two fillers besides the Naruto encore. So assuming they don't also double up One Piece then they've still got a slot open at 10PM when Bo-Bobo ends. At which point they'll be grasping at straws if they don't have a plan (and you don't honestly think they have a plan do you?)

It's only assumed MÄR and PoT didn't do well. There's little evidence that they actually haven't done well. But if neither aren't back by the time Bo-Bobo ends then you are more than welcome to consider them done.

Draft

Heh

Well, no wonder Viz is pimping MAR, It's Zatch's replacement for awhile

You know what, i'm gonna bet that Zatch will become Jetstream Exclusive, since i think MAR will become a hit/good enough ratings to not bring back Zatch Bell!

Heh

Well, no wonder Viz is pimping MAR, It's Zatch's replacement for awhile

You know what, i'm gonna bet that Zatch will become Jetstream Exclusive, since i think MAR will become a hit/good enough ratings to not bring back Zatch Bell!

I hope so, although... neither shows are good I'd rather take MAR. But I think that as much as I don't like it.... Zatch Bell might return with 73 more episodes (hopefully they can get a better show then MAR and Zatch Bell, I mean come on it's a 4 hour block, they should stack it with great anime). Me not being a fan at all, having a hope that it won't return... I'd say there is 20% chance of it returning in 2007, and a 45% chance of it returning (and staying) at all. I hope that PoT returns this fall, although I think that's rather doubtful too. Then with Blue Dragon..... hmmm.... I'd give it a 50/50 shot of coming to Toonami in the fall and/or 2007.
The shows that I want are PoT and Blue Dragon ASAP.

Dark Fact

Preaching evil since '04
Personally, I think it would be absolutely disappointing if Zatch Bell didn't come back at all. The show was at a point where it was really starting to take off in terms of action and storyline. I think the show has also done considerably well on YTV.
Master Moron said:
Yeah, cause Cartoon Network is really going to want to air a series that has been off the air for a year. That was sarcasm, by the way.
Now hold on there. Just because a show has been off the air for more than a year doesn't mean the production company handling it has given up on it completely. If you can remember Sailor Moon, the show was supposedly "canned" at 65 episodes with no proper conclusion to the R season. However, two years later, DiC, with some (from what I've heard) added funding from YTV, managed to dub the final 16 episodes and finish the R season. So, if Zatch Bell has gained a following and has gained good ratings on YTV to the point of major demand for more episodes, there is a possibility that Viz can continue the series, with the possibility of added funding by YTV.

Wonrei567

yeah

i meant toonami has a show called zatch bell lol and yeah it was just getting to where they were about to fight demolt then zofis then faudo!!!!!!!!!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts