Zagtoon reboots Denver, the Last Dinosaur

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
Don't know how under-the-radar this has been (it was a surprise to me), but Zagtoon have made a CG-animated reboot of the '80s classic Denver, the Last Dinosaur! :)

Toons Fan

It hasn't been on aired TV in France yet. It premieres on Monday, August 27th at 8:15AM. Only the theme song was uploaded online.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
The reboot no-one ever asked for anywhere. I grew up in the 1980's. And all me and my friends knew was that outside of the kickass theme song that cartoon SUCKED. It was extremely unpopular even by our lousy standards (and we 80's kids had some lousy standards). Why don't they just reboot Foofur or Rude Dog and the Dweebs and be done with it?

Toons Fan

The reboot no-one ever asked for anywhere. I grew up in the 1980's. And all me and my friends knew was that outside of the kickass theme song that cartoon SUCKED. It was extremely unpopular even by our lousy standards (and we 80's kids had some lousy standards). Why don't they just reboot Foofur or Rude Dog and the Dweebs and be done with it?

The show was very popular in the 90's outside of the USA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Troy Troodon

So it's gonna be french then, and if they'll dub it into English they'll likely use d-list voice actors then?

Dudley

Staff member
What's with all these reboots lately?

Because as ratings for TV plummets due to cord-cutters, networks feel the best way to ensure success is to rely on familiar brands. And clearly they’re scrapping at the bottom of the barrel.

And why this of all shows? I remember seeing this listed among many of the shows Zagtoon has slowly been developing, and I couldn’t believe this was getting a reboot. And Zagtoons don’t have a track record of making well-written shows, so I doubt this will be better than the original, and that one wasn’t very good to begin with!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.

Featured Posts