Yu-Gi-Oh Talkback 8/6 So Close, Yet So Far(From getting this off here)

EnAll

Yu-Gi-Oh Talkback 8/6: So Close, Yet So Far (From getting this off here)

Well, we've been dreading it, the first Toonami Yu-Gi-oh Talkback

yugiohimage.jpg
toonami_color.jpg

Whoop-de-do.
Episiode I dont know but I think it's near the end of the Noah Arc

We still need this:

Hamtaro Clause: PLEASE keep discussion INTELLIGENT and FLAMELESS. If this topic gets dragged down into a flame war, it will be closed. (Added here by Grigor, original clause by TylerL).

Talk if you want

PaQ

Believe it!
I never had seen how the whole virtual fight with Kaiba's brother had ended before. I'm not too surprised to see that the father was involved, digitizing the whole world and controlling it is a pretty ambitious plan.

Conan-san

PaQ said:
I never had seen how the whole virtual fight with Kaiba's brother had ended before. I'm not too surprised to see that the father was involved, digitizing the whole world and controlling it is a pretty ambitious plan.
But not orgional, anyone who saw Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future would know that.

Yash

dr. yashouzeke "loser" asakura
PaQ said:
In the original, his intentions was to fire the missile and kill off all but 30% of the world's population.

Also, I think this sums up the Toonami forum's opinion on YGO on Toonami:

http://toonamiygo.ytmnd.com/

Last edited by a moderator:

Duke

Truer Words Were Never Spoken
Y'know, the best part about this entire Noa arc happened in the episode before this. That is, of course, how easily uber-evil Marik gets frustrated with a simple electronic padlock.

Kamaria

Ice Maiden
Why put Yu-Gi-Oh on Toonami? They already have it running weekdays Mon-Thurs.

I don't see the integrity of their decision, especially considering that this is no redub.

Xerroo

Megas Fan
It's that Cartoon Network has gone to **** and is doing everything possible to ruin their programming because they feel they can screw with the fans.

Ultra Mike

1000 Posts = Woot Or Something
No offense Kamiria but since when has Cartoon Network (in the last year) been about intergrity? It's all about the ratings game now, and doing whatever you can to stay on top.

As for the episode, one of things I always found interesting was that Joey knew Mai was a fake because she didn't want to duel anymore, saying there were more "important" things to do then dueling. If you say that on Yu-Gi-Oh, you know that the character has to be a robot or a hologram or a liar.

Duke

Truer Words Were Never Spoken
Kamaria said:
Why put Yu-Gi-Oh on Toonami? They already have it running weekdays Mon-Thurs.

I don't see the integrity of their decision, especially considering that this is no redub.
Toonami was better off when Kellner was in charge.

Sketch

not like those other old guys
You bet it is! Hamtaro was entertaining stuff. It didn't belong on Toonami but it was still entertaining. One Piece edges in because it's an action show still despite its awful editing... but YGO? I draw the line there. And don't go telling me YGO is fine if DM is because you all know that's a lot of hooey. DM belonged because it made fun of YGO. Even so, DM never really should have been on the block. It's more than CN didn't have anywhere else to put it without SVES around.

Aquadementia

That's a lot of Mulaney!
Staff member
Was there any reason for starting the show here?
Don't get me wrong, it looks like we dodged a protracted card battle, but being trapped in a virtual world and some guy with silver hair doing I don't know what leaves me lost.

The good part, giant floating head of an evil villain with a hopelessly complicated plan for world domination.
They dared go there.
I salute them.
But the guy digitized his brain. He wanted to hand the company over to Seto anyways, no need to go digitizing your brain because it happened a little early.
I just hope it doesn't set a bad example for the kids.

But thanks to this I now understand how American Duel Masters came to be.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to admit, it's been a while since I read a really low-level, lazy clickbait article.
Ezra Bridger is a better Ezra than Ezra Miller. He at least repelled the Empire from his homeworld.
Today is the 25th anniversary of South Park, 18th anniversary of Foster's Home and 15th anniversary of Slacker Cats.

This day is full of anniversaries.
To my friends on the other side of the aisle: Aren't you tired of this? Do you think your cartoonishly ridiculous excuses for this crap sound remotely plausible to sane people? Doesn't defending the indefensible make you feel embarrassed and stupid? When is enough going to be enough? What will it take?
youtube Nickelodeon even uploaded sneak peek clip 6 min of upcoming episode of Young Dylan - The Gift Grift which was supposed to air last Thursday but was pulled at last notice

youtube Nickelodeon above banner STILL reads as That New Thursday Nights.. it may be a matter of time to remove that banner since there's no new episodes of Lay Lay and Dylan this time.

Featured Posts