Yu-Gi-Oh Talkback 8/6 So Close, Yet So Far(From getting this off here)

• Enter to win two tickets to Whisper of the Heart. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

EnAll

Jun 13, 2004
Yu-Gi-Oh Talkback 8/6: So Close, Yet So Far (From getting this off here)

Well, we've been dreading it, the first Toonami Yu-Gi-oh Talkback

Whoop-de-do.
Episiode I dont know but I think it's near the end of the Noah Arc

We still need this:

Hamtaro Clause: PLEASE keep discussion INTELLIGENT and FLAMELESS. If this topic gets dragged down into a flame war, it will be closed. (Added here by Grigor, original clause by TylerL).

Talk if you want

PaQ

Believe it!
Mar 11, 2003
CA
I never had seen how the whole virtual fight with Kaiba's brother had ended before. I'm not too surprised to see that the father was involved, digitizing the whole world and controlling it is a pretty ambitious plan.

Conan-san

Jun 2, 2002
UK. Scotland
PaQ said:
I never had seen how the whole virtual fight with Kaiba's brother had ended before. I'm not too surprised to see that the father was involved, digitizing the whole world and controlling it is a pretty ambitious plan.
But not orgional, anyone who saw Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future would know that.

Yash

dr. yashouzeke "loser" asakura
Oct 13, 2002
Minnesota
onepieceuncensored.tripod.com
PaQ said:
In the original, his intentions was to fire the missile and kill off all but 30% of the world's population.

Also, I think this sums up the Toonami forum's opinion on YGO on Toonami:

http://toonamiygo.ytmnd.com/

Last edited by a moderator:

Duke

Truer Words Were Never Spoken
Feb 4, 2002
Baltimore, MD
www.livejournal.com
Y'know, the best part about this entire Noa arc happened in the episode before this. That is, of course, how easily uber-evil Marik gets frustrated with a simple electronic padlock.

Kamaria

Ice Maiden
Jul 17, 2004
USA
Why put Yu-Gi-Oh on Toonami? They already have it running weekdays Mon-Thurs.

I don't see the integrity of their decision, especially considering that this is no redub.

Xerroo

Megas Fan
Apr 6, 2005
Deer Park
It's that Cartoon Network has gone to **** and is doing everything possible to ruin their programming because they feel they can screw with the fans.

Ultra Mike

1000 Posts = Woot Or Something
Mar 3, 2005
East Northport
No offense Kamiria but since when has Cartoon Network (in the last year) been about intergrity? It's all about the ratings game now, and doing whatever you can to stay on top.

As for the episode, one of things I always found interesting was that Joey knew Mai was a fake because she didn't want to duel anymore, saying there were more "important" things to do then dueling. If you say that on Yu-Gi-Oh, you know that the character has to be a robot or a hologram or a liar.

Sketch

not like those other old guys
Feb 26, 2002
Washington
You bet it is! Hamtaro was entertaining stuff. It didn't belong on Toonami but it was still entertaining. One Piece edges in because it's an action show still despite its awful editing... but YGO? I draw the line there. And don't go telling me YGO is fine if DM is because you all know that's a lot of hooey. DM belonged because it made fun of YGO. Even so, DM never really should have been on the block. It's more than CN didn't have anywhere else to put it without SVES around.

Aquadementia

That's a lot of Mulaney!
Staff member
Feb 26, 2004
Bar Stool Of Solitude
Was there any reason for starting the show here?
Don't get me wrong, it looks like we dodged a protracted card battle, but being trapped in a virtual world and some guy with silver hair doing I don't know what leaves me lost.

The good part, giant floating head of an evil villain with a hopelessly complicated plan for world domination.
They dared go there.
I salute them.
But the guy digitized his brain. He wanted to hand the company over to Seto anyways, no need to go digitizing your brain because it happened a little early.
I just hope it doesn't set a bad example for the kids.

But thanks to this I now understand how American Duel Masters came to be.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

FXX is now starting The Simpsons back at episode 1 for the first time since January, now we'll see if "Stark Raving Dad" will actually be skipped

*UPDATE: Yep, it's being skipped next Monday.
So... Universal Kids is really airing Totally Spies. This makes it the third network in the US to broadcast it. First was Fox/ABC Family, followed by Cartoon Network after ABC Family made it clear that they didn't want to air cartoons that weren't Jetix(or its prototype), and eventually family programming in general(outside of the holidays). I don't know how to feel.
One of the games on Camp Nick is kinda similar to Crystal Maze, which it will later then air on Nickelodeon in future
Me: Oh DARN. I can't believe I'm going to miss the LIVE premiere of Amphibia at 10 because of a stupid doctor's appointment!
*At 9:30, doctor's office calls*
Receptionist: Your appointment has been cancelled. You'll have to reschedule.
Me: :D *gleefully sings Hallelujah from Handel's Messiah*
Just noticed the MTV Movies & TV Awards will be airing on Nick at Nite, they add more networks to simulcast it every year.