Yu-Gi-Oh! Sevens Discussion

zoombie

Okay this is how Mimi was handled in the dub. Her debut is tomorrow's episode so I will post it in a spoiler tag.

She is still an adult in this version. As for the bar scene, instead of changing the bar to a juice shop or something, they just cut it completely. Which is too bad, I thought the "I am an adult" sign was a funny gag that will be lost to the dub only crowd.

Last edited:

aegisrawks

I LOVED The one episode of the dub I watched. I wonder why Yuga didnt duel and had to rely on Luke instead. But it was amazingly fun.

BTW the voices are great, its quality acting but with a bit of 4kids cartoony voice flair. But no one was outright awful like in Tai Chi Chasers.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Okay this is how Mimi was handled in the dub. Her debut is tomorrow's episode so I will post it in a spoiler tag.

She is still an adult in this version. As for the bar scene, instead of changing the bar to a juice shop or nothing, they just cut it completely. Which is too bad, I thought the "I am an adult" sign was a funny gag that will be lost to the dub only crowd.
I figured that would be the case. I didn't think that they'd make Mimi into a kid for the dub. It wouldn't be impossible since they have changed characters' ages before, but it would be pretty unnecessary. Turning Mimi and her son into siblings for the dub would just be weird and kind of change their dynamic. Editing out the bar scene made sense. Having a sign saying that she is an adult was funny, but I can't blame them for not wanting to show a bar scene in a kids show.

Disney XD also uploaded the first episode on their official YouTube channel, which is a nice way to give people a taste of the dub if they don't have either their channel or Hulu:

aegisrawks

Yu Gi Oh Sevens dub is super fun AND GOD They are constantly being engulfed by flames Kids WB would have never allowed THAT

zoombie

Okay I have seen all 20 episodes that have been put up on On Demand, I am curious why they stopped in the middle of an arc.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Okay I have seen all 20 episodes that have been put up on On Demand, I am curious why they stopped in the middle of an arc.
It's possible that they didn't want to reveal Maximum cards yet, especially when Rush Duel cards haven't been announced for a U.S. release yet either. I'm sure that's going to happen. There wouldn't be much of a point to dubbing Sevens and localizing the Switch game if they weren't going to eventually bring over the actual Rush Duel cards to the U.S. as well. Hopefully they are going to do a better job tying in the booster pack releases with the dub than they've done for the past few series.

tykroma94

Surprised this thread hasn’t been updated since June. Anyway I’m here to give some news on Sevens. The Next batch of dubbed episodes will be added to Hulu Next Week Wednesday August 23rd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Light Lucario

Staff member
Surprised this thread hasn’t been updated since June. Anyway I’m here to give some news on Sevens. The Next batch of dubbed episodes will be added to Hulu Next Week Wednesday August 23rd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unfortunately, the lack of updates makes sense. There are few people here who actively keep up with the anime and that's always been the case, at least as far as I can recall since I joined the site. Despite the initial buzz with the dub announcement, I'm sure how many people here have watched it. I've only seen bits of the dub myself, but that's mainly due to how I've already seen it subbed and I haven't been able to enjoy the dub in years.

It's still pretty cool that we're getting the next batch of episodes so soon though. I think I heard that Australia started airing some episodes a few weeks ago. I'm kind of surprised that they still haven't announced anything in regards to the actual Rush Duel cards coming to the U.S. too. I'm sure that is going to happen. There would be no point in dubbing the show if they weren't going to feature the cards eventually. I'm just not sure why they're taking so long, especially when we're getting to the episode where they introduce Maximum cards too.

tykroma94

Unfortunately, the lack of updates makes sense. There are few people here who actively keep up with the anime and that's always been the case, at least as far as I can recall since I joined the site. Despite the initial buzz with the dub announcement, I'm sure how many people here have watched it. I've only seen bits of the dub myself, but that's mainly due to how I've already seen it subbed and I haven't been able to enjoy the dub in years.
Interesting. I can’t blame people for not updating considering it’s took the dub 2 years to come out and they started recording it last year. Speaking of the dub, in terms of voices at least for me is a lot better than the Vrains dub and even Arc-V dub. There are one off voices like the news reporter that annoyed me but that aside the voices are pretty good and fit even if the dialogue is goofy.
It's still pretty cool that we're getting the next batch of episodes so soon though. I think I heard that Australia started airing some episodes a few weeks ago. I'm kind of surprised that they still haven't announced anything in regards to the actual Rush Duel cards coming to the U.S. too. I'm sure that is going to happen. There would be no point in dubbing the show if they weren't going to feature the cards eventually. I'm just not sure why they're taking so long, especially when we're getting to the episode where they introduce Maximum cards too.
That must be why they haven’t released the Rush Duels due to the fact that the dub hasn’t introduced Maximum Summoning yet. Makes no sense to dub the show if the cards they are advertising don’t come. When the next batch is released, we should probably hear about the actually Rush Duels Cards shortly after.

zoombie

So catching up on the dub, I am thinking if this was dubbed by 4 Kids if it was still in business, how different would it be?

I don't think it would be that different since the source material is for a younger audience than previous Yu Gi Oh! series. But for some reason, I think Luke would talk a lot in rap. He be like Killer B just rapping all the time.

Light Lucario

Staff member
So catching up on the dub, I am thinking if this was dubbed by 4 Kids if it was still in business, how different would it be?

I don't think it would be that different since the source material is for a younger audience than previous Yu Gi Oh! series. But for some reason, I think Luke would talk a lot in rap. He be like Killer B just rapping all the time.
Given 4Kids' financial problems, especially with being sued for the Yu-Gi-Oh! license, I have a hard time imagining them still working on the anime long enough to cover Sevens. Even with Sevens being aimed at a noticeably younger demographic, I think it would still be noticeably different from the Japanese version. The other series were still aimed at kids in Japan too. Sevens was aimed at even younger kids, but series like Arc V and Zexal could have aired with little to no edits in the U.S. too.

They probably wouldn't change the plot too drastically, but they would change characters' personalities and dialogue. That's usually where a lot of the major changes come from with the dub and that has continued with the KCM dubs, which is to be expected when they're basically made up of former 4Kids employees. They also would have changed a lot of the Japanese puns and gags, maybe try to put Goha City in the U.S. somehow and had a few more characters with random accents in the dub.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.
The time when Gunther spoke Dutch in Friends.

Featured Posts