Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: "Mirror, Mirror, Part 1" Talkback (Spoilers)

How many stars do you give part one of this mirror duel?

• Total voters

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
toonami192.jpg
yugiohgx.jpg

Premieres at 7:30 PM ET

The world of dueling returns tonight to Toonami as Jaden and Aster are forced to tackle a new challenge to free their friends and save the city, but the Society of Light is continuing to grow stronger, and they don't want to wait for Jaden to cause their downfall. In order to combat it, they send Jaden and Aster to one of the KaibaLand cyber space machines to test their dueling skills once more, but who will be their opposition? One thing's for sure, it's time to get your game on. GX joins Toonami tonight with an all new episode.

Last edited by a moderator:

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
Animeforever'04 said:
whaa!? this on toonami now!?:ack:

Yeah, I died a bit when I saw the talkback here... Supposedly they're only airing two episodes on Toonami though.

Conan-san

what the?! My sanity meter isn't empty, why the mindscrew? I've been finishing off zombies like a good player...

ShadowGUN

YES!YES!YES!
What the heck? Why is Toonami showing new episode of Yu-Gi-Oh GX? I mean this belong on Miguzi not Toonami. They should at least show Zatch Bell or Bobobo episodes instead of adding new shows.

Is this a one time thing or is the show here to stay?

RomanMack

ShadowGUN said:
What the heck? Why is Toonami showing new episode of Yu-Gi-Oh GX? I mean this belong on Miguzi not Toonami. They should at least show Zatch Bell or Bobobo episodes instead of adding new shows.

Is this a one time thing or is the show here to stay?
It's at least here for two weeks.

James Bester

Screaming for Vengeance
RomanMack said:
It's at least here for two weeks.
According to the schedule, it leaves after part 2 of this episode for a full hour of Pokemon Frontier. I don't know which choice is worse.

ShadowGUN

YES!YES!YES!
Shakezola said:
According to the schedule, it leaves after part 2 of this episode for a full hour of Pokemon Frontier. I don't know which choice is worse.

They are showing two new episodes and then they are kicking off Toonami.? Shessh WS wouldn't have been better to just show the last episodes of Duel Master 2.0 instead of GX.

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
ShadowGUN said:
They are showing two new episodes and then they are kicking off Toonami.? Shessh WS wouldn't have been better to just show the last episodes of Duel Master 2.0 instead of GX.

Keep in mind that WS has no control over what airs on Toonami. CN decides what to air on Toonami. Also, since this change was made on Wednesday this week, there's a chance it could be longer or last shorter. It's all up to CN.

Sketch

not like those other old guys
Wow... what pathetic bumpers.

Hey it's a Luffy woman... er... women. And it's too bad Jason Griffith doesn't use his Aster voice for Usopp. That'd be a lot more tollerable. Well not even worth watching for the bumpers so... I'm out.

Duke

Truer Words Were Never Spoken
OK, I haven't been keeping up with this series very much (I've seen about 20 episodes or so), but what the hell is it with the anime writers and writing good Duels? The filler Duels in the original Yu-Gi-Oh! series sucked, and these are just as bad, and Jaden continues to prove just how much of an idiotic main character he is.

One has to wonder though: What's the point of this? They didn't advertise this at all (nor Battle Frontier, but that's a different topic), so anyone who watches YGO GX and doesn't watch the first hour of Toonami will have missed this because they didn't know it was on. What the hell is the point of this? It's not like re-scheduling Fantastic Four to be more Halloween-themed, and there's no special YGO event going on, so what's the deal?

Ishtar

The main thing about the show that I've been interested in are the cameos. So far Yugi(although his face was shadowed), the Paradox Bros., Kaiba, Pegasus, and Grandpa Muto have all made cameos. The actual main characters of this show, I could care less about. They just aren't half as interesting characters as the ones from the original series. I'm not to fond of the Duel Monsters in GX either. I just hope this series isn't milked too long. I'm predicting it should end at least after Season 4, unless they decide to come up with a Dueling University:sweat: .

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
I can't say GX is great, but it's not as bad as some dubs I've seen, and I'm fascinated with some of the monsters they debut. The Neos monsters are some of the collest I've seen period. Also, while Jaden is a bit corny, he's much better in this second season thanks to Aster. I found the episode enjoyable because I foudn it hillarious that Sarg and Syrus were their favorite types of Monsters in the virutal world.

I am curious though why 3 people have given it 1 star without sharing any details on their thoughts. Please explain yourselves.

RomanMack

^ People do that just because they hate a show or a dub. Case and point: One Piece's discussions.

I bet half the people who gave it a 0 or a 1 don't even see the said episode. They just rate it that because they hate the show (or in this case, the dub) therefore will always rate it a low score. I know how these people work.

But that's pretty much it. I doubt they'll have much thoughts, other than that they don't like the show or that it doesn't belong on Toonami.

yoshirider13

Elite pokemon trainer
RomanMack said:
^ People do that just because they hate a show or a dub. Case and point: One Piece's discussions.

I bet half the people who gave it a 0 or a 1 don't even see the said episode. They just rate it that because they hate the show (or in this case, the dub) therefore will always rate it a low score. I know how these people work.

But that's pretty much it. I doubt they'll have much thoughts, other than that they don't like the show or that it doesn't belong on Toonami.
Yeah people do that to pokemon chronicles also.

RomanMack

It's really kinda annoying, however.

People should watch the episode, and then rate it accordingly to how the episode was. None of this "Well, I hate the show, so therefore it deserves a zero!" or "I hate this dub! I'm giving it a zero!" because, well... They really shouldn't be watching the said program to begin with if they most obviously don't like it.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts