"Yu-Gi-Oh" and "Pokemon" - Season One - Week One - Talkback (Spoilers)

• Enter to win two tickets to Whisper of the Heart. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

Rate this week's "Pokemon" & "Yu-Gi-Oh!" episodes!

Votes: 2 22.2%

Votes: 2 22.2%

Votes: 4 44.4%

Votes: 1 11.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The Man in Black

I have 5 of broats
Oct 7, 2002
The Absolution
Introductions are not needed. And appearences can be decieving.

This is the official talkback thread for the episodes of "Yu-Gi-Oh!" and "Pokemon" premiering on Cartoon Network November 4th and ongoing. Would anyone like to comment on these episodes? Feel free to post about the episodes as they air!

Spoilers: If the episode has already aired on CN you do not need to worry about using spoiler tags. If you would like to comment on episodes that have not yet aired on CN you will need to use spoiler tags due to the number of people who have not seen the rest of the series. Thank you!

Episode Titles

Monday - 'Pokemon, I Choose You' & 'Heart of the Cards'
Tuesday - 'Pokemon Emergency' & 'Gauntlet Is Thrown'
Wednesday - 'Ash Catches A Pokemon' & 'Journey To The Duelist Kingdom'
Thursday - 'Challenge Of The Samurai' & 'Ultimate Great Moth'

StrangerAtaru

Hey, I want to be Ussop!
Jan 18, 2002
Um...I'll get back to you
Visit site
It's YGO: Duel Monsters, Season 1. The real "first season" was made by Toei, thus it does not count. (BTW: I knew the Toei stuff came first when they started it in 2001, but no one payed attention until someone more adept brought it up)

Masamune2052

「waiting」
Sep 10, 2002
Lost with Ryoga
www.shichinintai.vze.com
Well it's been up for 3½ hours :confused:

I'll go ahead and say this, I'm scared that Yu-Gi-Oh! and/or Pokemon will find it's way on Toonami because that's how Zoids: /0 got on Toonami. It aired on CN at 4:30 (back when Toonami was 5-7) and then when they went full throttle to 3 hours they didn't move Zoids and just included. I thought Sailor Moon was gonna come back too because it aired at 3:30 before Toonami for a while until that evil show Ed, Edd, and Eddy took Sailor Moon's air time. :mad:

KingKoopa

Originally posted by Masamune2052
Well it's been up for 3½ hours :confused:

I'll go ahead and say this, I'm scared that Yu-Gi-Oh! and/or Pokemon will find it's way on Toonami because that's how Zoids: /0 got on Toonami. It aired on CN at 4:30 (back when Toonami was 5-7) and then when they went full throttle to 3 hours they didn't move Zoids and just included. I thought Sailor Moon was gonna come back too because it aired at 3:30 before Toonami for a while until that evil show Ed, Edd, and Eddy took Sailor Moon's air time. :mad:
Zoids was always Toonami bound. They just started it up early for a couple weeks then moved it up half an hour to Toonami's 5 PM slot.

Yu-Gi-Oh MAY come to Toonami, but not Pokemon.

Conan-san

Jun 2, 2002
UK. Scotland
Yeah, and *gasp* they might put the damn guns back in.

Nah what I thinking?!

Yu-gu-oh would make decent toonami materal IF they reedit things back in. I think they could put back the Alcyhol (they had beer in the Saban DBZ edit...)

SNS

Oct 8, 2002
United States
Originally posted by Conan-san
they had beer in the Saban DBZ edit...
No they didn't (they turned the beer into "water"). Even now, they still edit beer out (remember the "Root Beer" a few episodes ago?).

PowerZord

It's time to change.
Sep 28, 2002
Puerto Rico
www.myspace.com
they were cool! here are next week episodes
monday: pokemon>showdown in pewter city yu-gioh!>first duel. tuesday>clefairy and the moon stone>attack from the deep>wednesday>the waterflowers of cerulean city>everything realative>thursday>???>duel with a ghoul

there's one episode of pokemon that i have any data on it yet. but i'll keep looking for more data. to make an even bigger spoiler.
:D :) :yawn: ;) :p :cool:

Charred Knight

Aug 4, 2002
Originally posted by Conan-san
Yeah, and *gasp* they might put the damn guns back in.

Nah what I thinking?!

Yu-gu-oh would make decent toonami materal IF they reedit things back in. I think they could put back the Alcyhol (they had beer in the Saban DBZ edit...)
No they didn't, Master Roshi always had a large mug of water.

Jeff Harris

Creator/Webmaster, TXB
Apr 25, 2001
The Seventh City
Originally posted by Charred Knight
No they didn't, Master Roshi always had a large mug of water.
Well, it technically wasn't water. More of a blue cream soda with a foamy head at the top. :rolleyes:

But during his training aboard the Capscle-customized spaceship, Goku got a little thirsty. In the fridge, he pulled out a beer first and asked out loud, "What's this doing in here?"

Then he pulled out a sports drink and said, once again out loud, "Ah, a sports drink. Good for me, and it tastes great too!" or some derivative of that.

A little moral lesson from our friends at Saban and FUNimation (who has miraculously turned regular beer into a completely pale root beer :rolleyes: ) .

Beat

Retired
Mar 11, 2002
New York
Visit site
Originally posted by StrangerAtaru
Actually, they did once have beer in a Saban DBZ episode, but only because Goku found it mysteriously in his fridge when travelling to Namek. (and replaced it with a sports drink)
The instance is simple. In the original Goku didn't want to get drunk on Namek (although druken fighting against the Ginyu would have been funny as hell), so he pulled out some water. No educational crap.