YouTube is so unbearable

powerjake

Banned
Everytime i click on a video thats for video games, anime or even comics, I've noticed that a lot of crappy videos appear as "Recommended for You." By genuine awful videos, I mean things such as Try Not To Laugh or Grin, Mr. Bean, WatchMojo's ten, and Funny Vines. and other pointless stuff that I am not interested in. Youtube is so annoying just trying to force random garbage just showing how desperate they are for attention.

powerjake

Banned
Youtube has a bad taste in many things for recommendations. Google thinks they can force videos on people just to get viewers.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
One time last December YT randomly suggested Wann hast du Geburtstag from Hallo aus Berlin. Many people who weren't aware of the show were now aware it existed, including myself, partly because of the Rolli and Rita segments.

Is this a sign that it can do good things?

powerjake

Banned
Google just does not want to except that people hate having recommendations shoved into their faces.

grumix8

youtube has it all that's why i choose dailymotion and veoh for my cartoons which i make with blender ;D.

khuddle

Agree with you guys. youtube is so full of clutter and junk and the tacky and the vulgar that I'm pretty much training myself to avoid it.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Been a year, so I decided to give my two cents about the situation again.

Apparently YouTube is giving personalized tags - even if you don't have the account up (mine got taken down in May). Worse: if you don't have an account, you have to see the "Join YouTube" pop-up and then the video gets unplayable. That appeared in September and made videos unplayable upon its appearance in December.

powerjake

Banned
Been a year, so I decided to give my two cents about the situation again.

Apparently YouTube is giving personalized tags - even if you don't have the account up (mine got taken down in May). Worse: if you don't have an account, you have to see the "Join YouTube" pop-up and then the video gets unplayable. That appeared in September and made videos unplayable upon its appearance in December.

Did Google ever bother to fix that problem or was it ignored when people complained about it?.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Did Google ever bother to fix that problem or was it ignored when people complained about it?.
No.

Besides I've been trying to fix the issue with the rights holders when they took off my account (hopefully temporarily) but due to AIs I'm getting the same message.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
If you're using Firefox, look up an add-on called "Enhancer for YouTube." Not only does it skip ads and get rid of those annoying next video/channel buttons, it can also hide comments and links to recommended videos.

powerjake

Banned
If you're using Firefox, look up an add-on called "Enhancer for YouTube." Not only does it skip ads and get rid of those annoying next video/channel buttons, it can also hide comments and links to recommended videos.

Now that is useful, the add-on blocking all the annoying things youtube forces on people.

SoundDestroyer

Setting new ways to follow
For Android users, app called "YouTube Vanced" is the best choice there. No ads, no similar videos, but there's a problem that videos will play non-stop.

SoundDestroyer

Setting new ways to follow
Um hey, @powerjake, i know im continuing the thread, but..

I Think I found a definitive way to watch Youtube with no problems.

Theres an app called NewPipe, and it can do lots of things. Video can play in the background, no ads, You have the option to not load thumbnails, disable meta, disable comments, etc.

A Youtube user The Hated One details more about this app, check it out: Link

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts