YouTube, COPPA, FTC, Child Privacy Laws, and DARK TIMES for Content Creators

RDG

Aspiring animator/filmmaker and Ugliest Man Alive
You probably already know about this, but for those who don't...

Mandouga

I'll say this again. The COPPA was the worst decision YouTube has ever made.

Blame Congress for that. The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act was their idea, and that was years ago...

(sigh)

However, if you mean what YouTube is doing right now, then yes, it is the worst decision they've made.

RDG

So... Star Wars Kids recently uploaded THIS:
IMG_20200829_004129_kindlephoto-20404212.jpg
Channels like these are meant for UNDER-13s due to COPPA, right? So then, why would they allow THIS?

Last edited:

RDG

IT GETS WAAAAAAAAAY WORSE YouTube unlawfully violates kids’ privacy, new $3.2B lawsuit claims

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
IT GETS WAAAAAAAAAY WORSE YouTube unlawfully violates kids’ privacy, new $3.2B lawsuit claims
See, this is why COPPA is failing.

Reactions: RDG

Mandouga

Considering that everyone has to choose between two different extremes with no middle ground, I can't really see this going well...unless of course, this problem was to be fixed as well...

RDG

There's now a push for ad restrictions on children's YouTube channels Kid influencers on YouTube are pushing junk food, sugary beverages to other kids, study says | WRAL TechWire

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
(sigh)

Can we go back in time were YouTube treating all of their content creators equally and fairly and making videos just for fun? I missed those days...

In all seriousness, this whole COPPA B.S could've been EASILY avoided if YouTube implemented a age rating system and creator-friendly copyright protection system to all content creators and Youtubers, and THAT'S IT!

If they actually did that, then we wouldn't be in whole mess by now....

Kooplecrap Me

Cartoonist, Researcher, Inactive YouTuber
makes no sense, why tf did they even allow those kids videos on the regular yt anyway? Do they even know that they made a kids version of yt? And, i'm talking about stuff like ryan, and those cancerous nursery rhymes videos which makes me wanna throw my phone out the window.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts