YouTube, COPPA, FTC, Child Privacy Laws, and DARK TIMES for Content Creators

Mandouga

It goes without saying, but anything that puts anyone's security at risk is no good for anybody.

Benjamin Franklin said:
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Apparently a lot of people took it out of context? Either way, the same thing does apply to "security".

RDG

Aspiring animator/filmmaker and Ugliest Man Alive
Last edited:

Mandouga

Uh, pardon my ignorance (and possibly my confusion), but since when did YouTube have a "monopoly" over "kids content", and what exactly does "monopoly" and "kids content" mean in this case? Even then, when I highlighted the link, it clearly says that it's an opinion. What exactly does mean for this whole problem everyone is facing?

Mandouga

Disney’s global YT channels are being georestricted due to COPPA and other global internet privacy laws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Source?

Also, RDG, the article you just posted doesn't really tell everyone anything new. These branded channels have been around for some time...unless you were implying that we might start seeing more of them because of this whole problem on YouTube?

Also, some of them do have auto-play features. Not only that, but from I can find, they can't be disabled, unlike on YouTube.

SpongeBobFan2004

entering the next level
Source?

Also, RDG, the article you just posted doesn't really tell everyone anything new. These branded channels have been around for some time...unless you were implying that we might start seeing more of them because of this whole problem on YouTube?

Also, some of them do have auto-play features. Not only that, but from I can find, they can't be disabled, unlike on YouTube.
Maybe some Disney YT channels have videos georestricted in America. Also, several global VEVO channels for Walt Disney Records are also georestricted.

RDG

IT GETS WORSE: Apparently, STDs are "for kids" now

RDG

EVEN WORSE: a clip from 2019's Joker (with Korean subtitles) has incorrectly been labeled as "For Kids"

Mandouga

Maybe it's the technicality of being a scene that isn't as R-rated as the rest of the movie?

Either way, I was afraid of this: some videos are being labeled as family-friendly because of a technicality. (sigh) Yeah. this has to stop. This is the last straw, I'm afraid...

JedSwag

This channel said that there are thousands of mislabel videos, it needs to fix soon

I saw on Twitter that a user said that a Panic! At The Disco song has been marked as made for kids, it was the lyric video I Write Sins Not Tragedies (i can't find the lyrics video; it might possibly fix or not) and also i found one on Disney Channel. The lyrics removed drug reference and uses Radio Disney version.

Last edited:
Reactions: RDG

JedSwag

Since its been a month for not yet updating, here's what happen last week to Deep Humor...

2 days later, he has finally respond to Team YT on Twitter about an mislabeled video and...

...now, he talked about an answer about mislabeled videos is marking without an audience setting which caused to mark as for kids by default.

More updates soon...

For now, here's the list of fixed videos that previously mislabeled (as well as channels).
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared
- Sonic the Hedgehog Trailer (featuring the proper animation of Sonic)
- Family Guy clip features Charlie Brown
- Judge Vonda Evans' channel
- If SpongeBob Was a Jake Pauler
- SpongeBob Watches Chad Warden
- Ralph Wiggum is a Viking

More mislabel videos needs to fix soon until the year ends.
- All clips from Adult Animation
- YTPs (i also heard that Spanish YTPs got also affected)
- Other languages of videos (i pointed about the news in the Philippines got wrongly marked such as an BTS of the finale of the drama show that features a funeral, a student who sang like Sam Smith and a dangerous alcoholic)
- Some Nazi videos

Zorak Masaki

Some Itchy and Scratchy clips from the Simpsons are also being listed as "for kids", at least going by the "related videos" tag (which are all children's cartoons). Ironically "Porch Pals" is one of the few that isnt.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
I think it's time COPPA be repealed. Things have changed greatly since the law's passage years ago. It's just one of many things once deemed necessary that have fallen out of fashion.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts