YouTube, COPPA, FTC, Child Privacy Laws, and DARK TIMES for Content Creators

Latest News & Videos

Mandouga

Jun 27, 2007
Newington, CT, USA
It goes without saying, but anything that puts anyone's security at risk is no good for anybody.

Benjamin Franklin said:
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
Apparently a lot of people took it out of context? Either way, the same thing does apply to "security".

RDG

Aspiring animator/filmmaker and Ugliest Man Alive
Oct 2, 2014
Bedford, OH
twitter.com

Mandouga

Jun 27, 2007
Newington, CT, USA
Uh, pardon my ignorance (and possibly my confusion), but since when did YouTube have a "monopoly" over "kids content", and what exactly does "monopoly" and "kids content" mean in this case? Even then, when I highlighted the link, it clearly says that it's an opinion. What exactly does mean for this whole problem everyone is facing?

Reactions: Red Arrow

Mandouga

Jun 27, 2007
Newington, CT, USA
Disney’s global YT channels are being georestricted due to COPPA and other global internet privacy laws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Source?

Also, RDG, the article you just posted doesn't really tell everyone anything new. These branded channels have been around for some time...unless you were implying that we might start seeing more of them because of this whole problem on YouTube?

Also, some of them do have auto-play features. Not only that, but from I can find, they can't be disabled, unlike on YouTube.

Aug 18, 2019
Bakersfield, CA United States
Source?

Also, RDG, the article you just posted doesn't really tell everyone anything new. These branded channels have been around for some time...unless you were implying that we might start seeing more of them because of this whole problem on YouTube?

Also, some of them do have auto-play features. Not only that, but from I can find, they can't be disabled, unlike on YouTube.
Maybe some Disney YT channels have videos georestricted in America. Also, several global VEVO channels for Walt Disney Records are also georestricted.