Your thoughts on the Nintendo Switch Console?

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

Aug 14, 2018
St louis, Missouri
Sooooo.... my birthday is coming up and I am at a huge loss? I have a bunch if console at home including a limited edtion japanese imported Ps vita and a wiiu. Im not really sure if I should get the nintendo switch because I don't know if the games on it are truly worth the money. I mean come on 59.99$ for games. So I wanted to know your thoughts on the console and some help. Thanks you nintendo-switch-console-4923.jpg

SparkleMan

Who did you expect? Sportaflop?
May 2, 2016
Ratings
483 5
Lazytown
Definitely worth the price. I’d say get it with 1 or 2 games, and a pro controller, perhaps a screen protector. I’d say get Super Mario Odyssey and maybe Mario Kart 8 Deluxe to start out, probably used, and then get some cheaper indie games to play on the go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PapaGreg

Drinking my sorrows
Nov 1, 2013
Ratings
1,555 10
My only problem with the Switch is that the battery power is lacking but other than that pretty good console especially if you like indie games

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Harmonie

Foreverrrrr!
Jun 29, 2009
Ratings
The South :(
Well, since you have a Wii U and many other consoles, I'm going to be honest with you: You have access to the vast majority of the best games on the Switch - Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8, etc.

For someone who never owned a Wii U, it would be a no-brainer, but for someone who has, it's a different situation (trust me, I know, as a Wii U owner myself). What it comes down to in the end (for now, until the system gets more games of its own) is how much you value portability. If you value it a lot, then it might be a worthwhile investment, even though there (presumably) won't be many new games for you, for now.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate is right around the corner, if you really like the SSB series, this one is looking to be pretty good, so you might factor that in as well.

Nobodyman

Sep 11, 2009
Ratings
1,247 3
U.S.A.
Just bought mine last month and I've played and beaten Mario Odyssey and Kirby Star Allies. Definitely worth the investment (though I expected no less) and I look forward to all the games to come on this console. Next up, Breath of the Wild.

ToonJay723

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Ratings
1,556 12
New York
I had my Switch for a little over four weeks and I'm enjoying it. Sure they are a lot of Wii U ports, but they're are also many well recieved original single player games like Mario Odyssey, Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Sushi Strikers. For online games they have Splatoon 2, Mario Tennis Aces, and the upcoming Smash Bros. Ultimate. It's also getting a lot of good third party support with games with Wolfenstein, Doom, Dark Souls and tons of good indie games.

I'd say it's worth it even though you own a Wii U. But do check out their library and make sure there's enough games that you want to play.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

I was just about to say "Where's Gridman?" on that Crunchyroll streaming thread.
DISH had recent upgrades on the 61.5 orbital slot this early morning. My signal strengths got increased and transponders were moved to another.

How Cartoon Network and TBS moved to other transponders. :P
What I love from the commercial studio Psyop, is the Cricket Wireless critters (known as the Cricketters) in different shapes and colored in Green, Yellow and Blue. So imaginative and cute! :)
Most Europeans here don't know about the old Grinch Christmas special. Even in Portugal.
When Is the Nickelodeon Highlights usually up for December? I Was just wondering...