Your Favorite Animation Reviewer

The Overlord

Who is your favorite online reviewer of animation?

Mine I think is Sabrespark, he genuinely loves animation, is very even-handed in his criticisms, reviews obscure stuff, as well as well-known shows and movies.

Orange Mo

orangemo
Who is your favorite online reviewer of animation?

Mine I think is Sabrespark, he genuinely loves animation, is very even-handed in his criticisms, reviews obscure stuff, as well as well-known shows and movies.

Saberspark is good at what he does, and he loves his work, and I do agree with you that he does review some weird things, but I think Phil Payton is WAY better than Saber. I find Saber a little boring to be honest and he relies on other people to do research for him most of the time. I'm not saying that's a bad thing but you gotta be dedicated to knowing the information yourself as well.

Phil makes all his videos by himself and he has a unique reviewing style which distinguishes himself from every other reviewer out there, as he gives each episode a letter grade at the end with some + and - points about it. And he did this 6 TIMES A WEEK at one point, 6 videos a week. Damn that is dedication.

He also references many other episodes of the show or other shows ( as part of his review analysis. He also has an animated masterpieces series which is no doubt WELL DONE. He's definitely not a big YouTuber but quality is where it counts. He's even entertaining at times to be honest I love his commentary. My favorite one is in the Pig Trouble in Little Greenpoint review of his, he said something like "I was never expecting this. I need to sit down." He was a bit unclear in his first year 2015 but has gotten much better with his commentary and stuff. I really like his reviews and he's gotten me to watch a lot of those cartoons. Also, Phil has a limited range on what he covers, so his channel is not going to be for everyone. Most of it is adult animation as that's what he's most interested in.

I'm surprised he doesn't have a lot of subscribers because he deserves A LOT MORE for sure.

Phil Payton

Here's are some recent Phil Payton videos:

Zorak Masaki

The ones I watch regularly are Rebel Taxi, Rob the Wonderful, and Toonamp (if he ever starts uploading videos again). I guess you could also throw in TheRealJims, but he mainly does just Simpsons (as well as the occasional Pixar review).

Orange Mo

orangemo
The ones I watch regularly are Rebel Taxi, Rob the Wonderful, and Toonamp (if he ever starts uploading videos again). I guess you could also throw in TheRealJims, but he mainly does just Simpsons (as well as the occasional Pixar review).

You gotta watch Phil Payton. He reviews lots of adult animation.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
RebelTaxi is OK.
SabreSpark is alright.
MarsReviews seems like a bro,when he was doing this, that is.

However, I prefer my own reviews best when I'm in the mood to do them, that is. I'm the only person I can really trust, even if most of the stuff I like tends not be to liked as much by others OR due to how some of my opinions are highly unpopular.

Case in point: My new found love for Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh Oh over the last 6 or so months, despite its negative reception from everyone else, plus the fact that it's something based off a really crappy and forgettable movie (Dreamworks' Home), which justifies some of that hate, unfortunately.

As for who I think is the WORST and shouldn't be watched by anyone: Enter and PhantomStrider come to mind almost immediately, no questions asked.

Orange Mo

orangemo
RebelTaxi is OK.
SabreSpark is alright.
MarsReviews seems like a bro,when he was doing this, that is.

However, I prefer my own reviews best when I'm in the mood to do them, that is. I'm the only person I can really trust, even if most of the stuff I like tends not be to liked as much by others OR due to how some of my opinions are highly unpopular.

Case in point: My new found love for Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh Oh over the last 6 or so months, despite its negative reception from everyone else, plus the fact that it's something based off a really crappy and forgettable movie (Dreamworks' Home), which justifies some of that hate, unfortunately.

As for who I think is the WORST and shouldn't be watched by anyone: Enter and PhantomStrider come to mind almost immediately, no questions asked.

Have you seen Phil Payton? He has Duncanville and Bless the Harts reviews. He’s not very big but he has the best videos out of any reviewer I’ve seen.

I like Phantomstrider, enter is a hit or miss. Saber gets a bit boring because his voice isn’t very interesting, RebelTaxi has some weird videos and then Cosmodore doesn’t upload often.

Is turkey tom a cartoon reviewer?

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
For old cartoons, Chad Rocco & Rob the Wonderful.
For new stuff mostly tv, Rebel Taxi.
For new movies, CellSpex.

TheMisterManGuy

RebelTaxi. Pan does a good job balancing a fair, concise opinion with well timed wordplay and edgy jokes. His videos feel like some old school MTV or G4 review/commentary show, which I really like.

RainbowCupcake

I don't really FEEL like it
Staff member
I used to like PieGuyRulz, but his focus has kind of shifted over the past two years or so. Now, most of his videos seem to be long discussions with other YouTubers, almost like a podcast format. I stopped subscribing to him maybe around a year ago.

I still watch Vailskibum94 now, but that's about it for cartoon reviewers.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
It's interesting you guys are all singling out live-action reviewers on YouTube. All of the reviewers I read are print reviewers. That's the medium I'm most familiar with. YouTube reviews take up too much of my time while I can read print reviews at my leisure.

Ghoster1987

howdy
Yeah Pan Pizza/Rebeltaxi for me because of his humor and his reviews feel more honest and concise in a fun way.

2nd probaly is Marsreviews maybe because he's somewhat knows Pan

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts