Young Relatives For Sensational Six In Recent Disney Projects

SweetShop209

So when it comes to young relatives for those like Mickey, Donald, Minnie, etcetera, in recent projects, there's something interesting about how they're used.

Take for example Donald's nephews, Huey, Dewey, and Louie. After Mickey's Twice Upon A Christmas in 2004, they didn't have much prominence in anything until Mickey Mouse (2013) and DuckTales (2017). We have characters like Daisy's nieces, April, May, and June who technically made their animated debut on House Of Mouse, but as silent nameless characters. To modern audiences, they were exposed to them from either Legend Of The Three Caballeros or the series finale of DuckTales 2017. They aren't even related to her in the latter. There's also Minnie's nieces Millie and Melody, who technically made their animated debut in Mickey's Christmas Carol, but to modern audiences, have only appeared in Disney Junior shows (Minnie's Bow Toons, the Winter Bow special on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and are recurring characters in Mickey Mouse Mixed Up Adventures). That's just to name a few.

Disney is picky in what projects the characters can appear in, though it is strange how you have Minnie's nieces only appearing in Disney Junior shows, while also not having those that I mentioned appear as frequently outside of specific projects involving the Duck family. Why do you think that is?

cheril59

There was also Goofy's son Max on Goof Troop, and two Goofy movies, Disney's House of Mouse, and Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas.

ShadowBlinky

How is it I've never heard Mickey and the gang being called the "Sensational Six" until now?o_O:sweat:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts