"Young Justice: Outsiders" Season Three Talkback (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Rate this season

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 2 14.3%

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • ***1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• **1/2

• *1/2

• Feeling the aster

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
I know, but other then DCSHG all those were set post-Apokolips defection so there was the implication that that part of their story had already happened (his costume even cameoed in Apocalypse), so it'll be interesting to see how they frame it now.
I was thinking he might have been an existing resident of the Orphanage before Granny started storing meta-teens in there. One of her "special" projects she was unable to break. He could have been one of those silhouettes even... we might see him and more of the Orphanage soon enough since I guess it's the next 'Warworld' lol.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Some observations on Illusion of Control

-Based on how Jaime introduced Garfield and Perdita to Traci, it was the first time she met either of them. Interesting bit but it basically means she joined the Team as the 29th member after Garfield quit and went into acting.

-Jaime and Traci confirmed to be dating.

-The combo song of A-B-C's, Twinkle Twinkle, and Baa Baa Black Sheep comes up again. Artemis sang it to the children in season 1 "Misplaced"

-Crash, aster, and mode come up throughout. Violet has a new spin on "aster" :D

-Virgil and Ed allude to when they went meta.

-Psimon mimics Vertigo's 'you peasant' line.

-Artemis' degree is revealed to be in Comparative Literature and she is supposedly in grad school.

-Devastation, as Henchy, replies with a line from "What Little Boys are Made of?" like Tommy Terror did

-Psimon's one line confirms he and Devastation are definitely an item (and it wasn't a one-way thing that it kinda seemed in "True Heroes")

-When Perdita kicks Psimon in the nuts and reveals Vertigo killed her father. I don't think that ever came up before.

-Violet suddenly speaks pretty fluent English when she confides in Dr. Jace outside.

-Great. Who does Jace talk to on the phone? (I was also looking back on "Leverage" at that scientist working with the Rocket Reds -- and yeah, I'm seeing what people were speculating she could be Jace's missing daughter or even a clone or maybe she's the original Jace?!)

-Bart has the capacity run to out of a Boom Tube and Ed can teleport out of one, so the tubes are escapable but barely.

-Cameo/debut of Mal Duncan when Victor enters the house at the end!

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
-Based on how Jaime introduced Garfield and Perdita to Traci, it was the first time she met either of them. Interesting bit but it basically means she joined the Team as the 29th member after Garfield quit and went into acting.
She kind of feels very recent to the Team, if from what little we've seen of her.
-When Perdita kicks Psimon in the nuts and reveals Vertigo killed her father. I don't think that ever came up before.
It didn't even come up in the DC Showcase short all this stuff was inspired by. The most I remember is that Perdita's father died, she was next in line, and Vertigo's been gunning after her since :ack:.
-Bart has the capacity run to out of a Boom Tube and Ed can teleport out of one, so the tubes are escapable but barely.
I wonder if Wally could've done it...
-Cameo/debut of Mal Duncan when Victor enters the house at the end!
Enjoying retired/parental life, I bet ;).

Marvelman02

Nov 19, 2011
Canada
Who doesn't, so far, to you (since that list seems shorter)?
Most of the voice acting seems fine to me. But they need to bring in some kids to play the children. Lian's VA is passable, but Ahmistad's voice sounds either terrible or hilarious depending on your pov.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frontier

ShadowStar

Nov 11, 2006
USA
Interesting that there seems to be a new, recurring, heroic musical theme in the show. The music that accompanies the scene where Beast Boy apprehends the mugger in "Influence" is expanded upon in "Illusion of Control" - both during the final battle at the Youth Center and also in the final moments of the episode. Perhaps this triumphant musical theme represents the Team's partial or complete transition into becoming a public group like the Justice League?

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Interesting that there seems to be a new, recurring, heroic musical theme in the show. The music that accompanies the scene where Beast Boy apprehends the mugger in "Influence" is expanded upon in "Illusion of Control" - both during the final battle at the Youth Center and also in the final moments of the episode. Perhaps this triumphant musical theme represents the Team's partial or complete transition into becoming a public group like the Justice League?
Or maybe it'll be the theme for Beast Boy's own team of teen heroes ;).

Reactions: Lonewolf36

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
I wonder if spending too much time near Guy was one of the reasons Hal's hair turned prematurely white. :p

Kyle would be a nice addition. I wonder if they might even consider Jessica Cruz, or Simon Baz for more diversity. And if any new Green Lantern might end up on one of the Teams, not the Justice League.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Kyle would be a nice addition. I wonder if they might even consider Jessica Cruz, or Simon Baz for more diversity. And if any new Green Lantern might end up on one of the Teams, not the Justice League.
I think if any GL could end up joining the Team, it would probably be Kyle if only because he's the only GL who was ever on a Titans team.

Simon and Jessica I could see them using to incorporate that idea Weisman had a for a GL training-focused episode (if I remember right).

ShadowStar

Nov 11, 2006
USA
I think if any GL could end up joining the Team, it would probably be Kyle if only because he's the only GL who was ever on a Titans team.

Simon and Jessica I could see them using to incorporate that idea Weisman had a for a GL training-focused episode (if I remember right).
I don't know why, but I have a feeling that the upcoming episode "Early Warning" may be a cosmic episode that could potentially focus on the Green Lantern Corps. Just a gut feeling. It'll be funny if I'm right! Since the Reach are apparently returning and "half the Corps" have been at war with the Reach, it's certainly possible that we'll see more GLs.

Kyle Rayner is one of characters I would most like to see in this show out of everyone who has yet to appear. Still waiting on Mary Bromfield too!

Batboy84

Mar 8, 2019
Earth
Kyle would be a nice addition. I wonder if they might even consider Jessica Cruz, or Simon Baz for more diversity.
I actually don't think Weisman and Vietti have ever skipped over anyone like that for the purpose of diversity. Closest they ever came to that was with Kaldur, and even then it's so that they could take Garth in a different direction, one where he was never Aqualad. If we ever do see Jessica or Baz, they'd probably show Kyle first.

Besides, isn't Kyle part Hispanic or something?

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
I actually don't think Weisman and Vietti have ever skipped over anyone like that for the purpose of diversity. Closest they ever came to that was with Kaldur, and even then it's so that they could take Garth in a different direction, one where he was never Aqualad. If we ever do see Jessica or Baz, they'd probably show Kyle first.

Besides, isn't Kyle part Hispanic or something?
Yeah, I think the only time they broke the "sequencing" of when a sidekick character showed up was Superboy showing up well before Supergirl did, or Cass not being Batgirl yet.

ShadowStar

Nov 11, 2006
USA
Yeah, I think the only time they broke the "sequencing" of when a sidekick character showed up was Superboy showing up well before Supergirl did, or Cass not being Batgirl yet.
Not to mention Wonder Girl (Cassie) showing up before Troia (Donna), who wasn't the first Wonder Girl in this timeline.

Reactions: RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
Mod Note: 500 posts limit reached. A new thread will be up shortly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yojimbo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Saw the Descendants short Audrey's Royal Return. I will not miss this franchise. That was a disaster.
I'd tell Pumpkin Spice to go back where he came from but I'm not sure he'd still fit in the bottom of an outhouse.
Happy 2nd anniversary to what I believe is Disney’s best program, Parker Plays.
So now entire three and a half minute long music videos count as ads?? No thanks, YouTube.

#StopThisMadness
Radical Buster wrote on Spaceman's profile.
I really like your avatar. Violet Evergarden ranks pretty high on my list of favorite animes from last year, alongside Devilman Crybaby and Megalo Box.