"Young Justice: Outsiders" Season Three Talkback (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Rate this season

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 2 16.7%

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • ***1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• **1/2

• *1/2

• Feeling the aster

• Total voters

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Which episode was that Nightwing line in where he brings up the Will/Artemis thing, does anyone remember? I need to go back and watch it again to get a better read on it.
The only thing I remember at this point is when Lynn Stewart-Pierce brought it up to Will Harper at the Allen home in "Home Fires" before the 7 minute mark. Lynn said "So speaking of your transparent living arrangements, what's the deal with you and Artemis?" to which Will replies "What? Deal? No deal! There's no deal. I mean I'm grateful for help with Lian, but don't get the wrong idea." then Lynn retorts "Really? You're both single, living in the same house... but sorry, I shouldn't make assumptions." Will "Yeah...no."

I don't recall Dick ever insinuating anything about them.

Frontier

Staff member
Just some random spitballing about how the show might end up incorporating the Legion.

I've been thinking of that future timeline from Invasion where it went from a world where Neutron killed The Flash to a future where the Reach were in control, and now I'm wondering if after the heroes defeated the Reach it then shifted to a world where Apokolips rules and everyone is under the Anti-Life Equation.

And then I think that, with all the major Justice League International heroes that have been acknowledged or appeared on the show (Guy, Ted, Ice, Fire), we still haven't seen Booster Gold yet, and the Legion existing is an important part of his origin (since he steals one of their flight rings).

So I wonder if the ultimate end goal of the heroes' efforts might be creating the timeline where the Legion exists in the 30th century. I mean, wouldn't the Legion's world be the complete antithesis of what the Light are after? The Earth becomes a near-utopia but one that is home to and part of a coalition of planets and aliens defended by an organization headlined mostly by aliens from other planets.

And the Legion represents the ultimate thematic evolution of the Team, as instead of the universe being defended by an adult group like the Justice League, it's protected by a bunch of teenagers with diverse powers and personalities.

Nygma

Maybe just a mix up because they alluded to a girl staying at his place, Halo, and her sleeping in mid-air in "Private Security" then Dick retorted with "So she's a conversation piece?"
Also did she even know Artemis & Jade are sisters (since they both use different last names)? If not, I can see that changing her perception on whether she'd think that's a good idea or not?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Just some random spitballing about how the show might end up incorporating the Legion.

I've been thinking of that future timeline from Invasion where it went from a world where Neutron killed The Flash to a future where the Reach were in control, and now I'm wondering if after the heroes defeated the Reach it then shifted to a world where Apokolips rules and everyone is under the Anti-Life Equation.

And then I think that, with all the major Justice League International heroes that have been acknowledged or appeared on the show (Guy, Ted, Ice, Fire), we still haven't seen Booster Gold yet, and the Legion existing is an important part of his origin (since he steals one of their flight rings).

So I wonder if the ultimate end goal of the heroes' efforts might be creating the timeline where the Legion exists in the 30th century. I mean, wouldn't the Legion's world be the complete antithesis of what the Light are after? The Earth becomes a near-utopia but one that is home to and part of a coalition of planets and aliens defended by an organization headlined mostly by aliens from other planets.

And the Legion represents the ultimate thematic evolution of the Team, as instead of the universe being defended by an adult group like the Justice League, it's protected by a bunch of teenagers with diverse powers and personalities.
Curious if Weisman extended his timeline past Bart's time once Outsiders went into production. I recall he's said that's where he stopped.

Also did she even know Artemis & Jade are sisters (since they both use different last names)? If not, I can see that changing her perception on whether she'd think that's a good idea or not?
Hmm, hard to say since we know barely anything about this version of Lynn, lol.

Anyone feel like there might be more to Jade leaving Will and Lian? Like maybe she was being blackmailed or she felt her connection to them was putting them in danger? (she did end up freeing Shade from the Light's control).

Troy Troodon

Am I wrong in saying that I think this season is too dark; or at least that I think some of the more bloody or gorey imagery is unecessary?

Like I can understand if the team wants to go darker than they can allow on CN, it's just in some spots I feel they are too dark, and that I don't think they need gore to be taken seriously.

Frontier

Staff member
Am I wrong in saying that I think this season is too dark; or at least that I think some of the more bloody or gorey imagery is unecessary?

Like I can understand if the team wants to go darker than they can allow on CN, it's just in some spots I feel they are too dark, and that I don't think they need gore to be taken seriously.
Personally I think it's not all that more dark then Invasion, and the more gore and blood is used much more sparingly then you would think and usually with a specific point behind it.

Marvelman02

I've always imagined that Connor would eventually become the Superboy of the Legion of Superheroes.

#TeamMike

You have my sword, but unfortunately we are in the minority.

Dorko

Well in the comics when she was at a simular point of being torn between being a villain or with Lian she ended up nuking Qurac, so I don't see it ending well.
With the apparent coming of the Suicide Squad and the implication that forces outside the super-heroic community are taking notice of the shadow war going on between The Light and The League, I wonder if Cheshire (a known terrorist-for-hire and former foot soldier of The Light) will be the fall guy for a bombing in Greater Bialya...

Frontier

Staff member
I still find it fairly tame compared to some of the DCU DTVs. Then again, I'm not that squeamish.
Oh, it's definitely much more tame then the DTV's. I mean, there's still no swearing on this show :p.
With the apparent coming of the Suicide Squad and the implication that forces outside the super-heroic community are taking notice of the shadow war going on between The Light and The League, I wonder if Cheshire (a known terrorist-for-hire and former foot soldier of The Light) will be the fall guy for a bombing in Greater Bialya...
I actually wonder if anyone outside the League and Team has been made aware of the Light and their machinations :confused:.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

Oh, the irony - while foreign feeds of Cartoon Network ban just about anything, CN USA started to show Shrek completely uncut - with the "offensive" words intact - in 2017! Around the time when Cartoon Network feeds worldwide were already ruled by the nanny state!
Don't ever force yourself into liking a show or any other form of media and don't be afraid to speak up about how you honestly feel about it.
NeoplanDan wrote on Zedd's profile.
Hi, Zedd, I wanted to to fix up the date on my birthday, when I was first registered here, it incorrectly date as 1/21/1995 when it actually 2/21/1995, originally I was going to ask one of the admins to fix it so that it’s on the correct date.
I'm the best anime character. You will all bow down to me.
Well, THAT was a flop...Adventure Time will leave Adult Swim after two weeks...