"Young Justice: Outsiders" Season Three Talkback (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Rate this season

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 2 16.7%

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • ***1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• **1/2

• *1/2

• Feeling the aster

• Total voters

Marvelman02

I find the Will-Artemis pairing less weird than you might think. Artemis is like a calmed down version of Jade just as Jade is a darker, sultrier version of Artemis. So, it wouldn't surprise me if Will was attracted to Jade's sister.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Yeah, I still find the idea of dating your sister in law kind of weird. I can't really see them going with that pairing. They haven't really had any scenes together and I doubt that Artemis would be interested in Will or anyone for that matter. They haven't even dealt with Artemis' clear grief over losing Wally and I'm still positive that he'll come back at some point, or at the very least they'll reveal that he's still alive by the end of the season, so I don't really see the point of having a Will/Artemis pairing.

If they were going for that, I think that they would have had some hints from both sides that they were developing feelings for each other. Aside from that one scene during the play date subplot, Will hasn't really given the impression that he has feelings for Artemis. And I'm not sure if Artemis has said more than a couple of sentences to Will during this half of the season. Granted, he hasn't been one of the prominent characters for their current storyline, but if they were planning on setting up a Will/Artemis relationship, I think that they would have set more of a foundation for it in the first half instead of doing it all in the second half. Not to mention I'm not sure if they'd have time to establish yet another pairing with everything else they'll need to cover in the remaining half of the season.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
To be fair, there wasn't any kind of build-up for the Robin & Wonder Girl relationship (which we didn't even get to see), and we still don't know who Rocket married and had a baby with. But I just don't see them going this route with Artemis & Will. They're arguably both more important characters to the story, and the set up and implications here are different as well. There might be some kind of attraction between them, but I doubt either one of them would actually try to move forward with it.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
They both deserve love.
I don't think anyone disagrees about that, the point of contention is some don't think it should be with each other. He clearly still loves Cheshire and reached her briefly before she ran off. I really want to see them make it work, that'd be a great ending to that arc. But one of his love interests in the comics just debuted on the show, Troia. And from what I heard, in recent comics, he and Starfire have a thing. Artemis on the other hand, don't see her and Icicle Jr. getting together in this canon.

Marvelman02

I don't think anyone disagrees about that, the point of contention is some don't think it should be with each other. He clearly still loves Cheshire and reached her briefly before she ran off. I really want to see them make it work, that'd be a great ending to that arc. But one of his love interests in the comics just debuted on the show, Troia. And from what I heard, in recent comics, he and Starfire have a thing. Artemis on the other hand, don't see her and Icicle Jr. getting together in this canon.
Unless Artemis was brainwashed or something.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I can't imagine how the life benefits Cheshire outside of being able to use the skills she had drilled into her from an early age. I hope she's able to get over the fear of being destructive to her family and give herself a chance at a better life than the one her parents set her up for.

Nygma

Jade releases Roy from their relationship, clearing the way for the Roy-Artemis angle they seem to be setting up. This would make it a little less weird in my opinion.
Having your Dad being in a relationship with your Aunt would never not be weird for Lian. I know Will has a weird history, but I can't see Artemis wanting to contribute to making things weirder for Lian, nor do I see Artemis wanting to seem like she's taking Will away from Jade.

Dreyfus

I could see that. But I could also see the angle where if Jade really is set on a path she can't break from, she would want Roy, or I guess Will, to be happy with someone else and she would certainly want her daughter looked after, which it seems her sister is already helping with. It's funny because I would have never even thought of the possibility if not for that line Nightwing had about them. I wonder why they would have put that in, and I seem to remember getting a he doth protest too much vibe from Will there too. I don't know, maybe they were just addressing the living situation, but in a show this packed, I don't think a line like that isn't intentional.

Here's a crazy idea. There was an episode where Will accuses Nightwing of using him as a stand-in for Wally. If anything were to happen between him and Artemis, why not the same thing? Who's to say a relationship has to be well thought out? Sometimes they just happen, so even if it turns out to be a mistake, it would at least be an interesting one for all characters involved. Obviously, the happiest ending for everyone is that Jade comes home, but is that the most interesting one?

Last edited:

Spider-Man

I've really enjoyed the first 13 episodes of the new season so far. I think the pace is maybe a little slow but overall it feels like the show hasn't really lost a step. The only time things feel different is when they let the series lean into some pretty graphic stuff, like some of Halo's deaths and what happened to Victor. That's the only time when I was taken out of the show really. I wouldn't call this an all ages show like how it used to be. The show is definitely more mature in the right way for the most part but sometimes it gets a little excessive and that to me seems unnecessary. It's the same problem the DC DTVs fall into from time to time. The new characters are mostly great and I like that we could be getting their take on the Judas Contract though I feel like it will be Beast Boy not Terra that will be the betrayer. Just how that scene was done makes me believe that. The animation definitely isn't as sharp as it used to be but I assume there is a tight budget on the show. I can't wait for the rest of the season and I hope a fourth season is greenlit but I assume we won't hear about that until after the season is done like with Titans.

Dreyfus

The new characters are mostly great and I like that we could be getting their take on the Judas Contract though I feel like it will be Beast Boy not Terra that will be the betrayer. Just how that scene was done makes me believe that.
Ah, so your thinking he has some mental control implanted in him from the Goode Goggles, huh? I hadn't thought of that.

ShadowStar

Ah, so your thinking he has some mental control implanted in him from the Goode Goggles, huh? I hadn't thought of that.
If that's the case, then everyone will be just as mad at Miss Martian for not doing a thorough scan/check of her brother's mind as they were when she failed to probe Green Beetle in season 2. Not to mention that that would also undermine the implications of the green monkey hallucination - that Monkey had stopped Garfield from being brainwashed.

Frontier

Staff member
Now that I think about it, it would explain why they had Terra prepared for that fight club so that the heroes could grab her and she could infiltrate them...although it kind of takes the sails out of Beast Boy's mental realizations a bit :sweat:.

Tohya

deficit omne quod nasciture
Here's a crazy idea. There was an episode where Will accuses Nightwing of using him as a stand-in for Wally. If anything were to happen between him and Artemis, why not the same thing? Who's to say a relationship has to be well thought out? Sometimes they just happen, so even if it turns out to be a mistake, it would at least be an interesting one for all characters involved. Obviously, the happiest ending for everyone is that Jade comes home, but is that the most interesting one?
Sure a relationship doesn't need to be well thought out, but it does has to make some sense. The Will scene clearly shows he loves Jade dearly so for him to randomly mess around with his baby mamas sister when said baby mama is also a highly trained assassin and doesn't necessarily have the greatest relationship with said sister, would make practically zero sense. Why create that sort of drama, especially when there's a kid involved?

Would it be interesting? Actually no, plus, the CW has the market cornered on DC characters and relationship drama.

Dreyfus

Which episode was that Nightwing line in where he brings up the Will/Artemis thing, does anyone remember? I need to go back and watch it again to get a better read on it.

the greenman

Sure a relationship doesn't need to be well thought out, but it does has to make some sense. The Will scene clearly shows he loves Jade dearly so for him to randomly mess around with his baby mamas sister when said baby mama is also a highly trained assassin and doesn't necessarily have the greatest relationship with said sister, would make practically zero sense. Why create that sort of drama, especially when there's a kid involved?

Would it be interesting? Actually no, plus, the CW has the market cornered on DC characters and relationship drama.
I feel like Artemis and the O.G. TEAM are in leadership mode more than ever. M.M. and Conner are soon looking to possibly start talking kids themselves. If we can dare to assume what our producers have in store, this can be setting up some "future" storytelling.

Tohya

deficit omne quod nasciture
Which episode was that Nightwing line in where he brings up the Will/Artemis thing, does anyone remember? I need to go back and watch it again to get a better read on it.
I kinda feel like this statement pretty much sums it up ironically. Artemis/Will is such a "not a thing" that its hard to even remember which episode Dick did bring them up (probably episode 4)?

@the greenman Your absolutely right that shes been in leadership mode. TBH, Artemis has kinda of just been sidelined, which is why I thought it was weird the Artemis and Will thing picked up any real traction. The show is so hardcore telegraphing that Wally is coming back that I wouldnt imagine the producers pairing her off with anyone. And solid point, plus I think there using a lot of the other relationships to set up future storytelling. I'd bet a buffalos nickel that on top of Conner/Meg'gan, will get a huge dose of Artemis/Wally in season 4.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

Oh, the irony - while foreign feeds of Cartoon Network ban just about anything, CN USA started to show Shrek completely uncut - with the "offensive" words intact - in 2017! Around the time when Cartoon Network feeds worldwide were already ruled by the nanny state!
Don't ever force yourself into liking a show or any other form of media and don't be afraid to speak up about how you honestly feel about it.
NeoplanDan wrote on Zedd's profile.
Hi, Zedd, I wanted to to fix up the date on my birthday, when I was first registered here, it incorrectly date as 1/21/1995 when it actually 2/21/1995, originally I was going to ask one of the admins to fix it so that it’s on the correct date.
I'm the best anime character. You will all bow down to me.
Well, THAT was a flop...Adventure Time will leave Adult Swim after two weeks...