"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 35 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
Finally, we have confirmation that Billy and Mary are biological siblings in this show. I have hoped from the very beginning of YJ that this would be the case, as it was in Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

I thought we already knew this, but still good to have confirmed :).
Two Weisman episodes in a row! Lucky :p.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Finally, we have confirmation that Billy and Mary are biological siblings in this show. I have hoped from the very beginning of YJ that this would be the case, as it was in Batman: The Brave and the Bold.
Thank goodness for that. I didn't like the post-Flashpoint retcon on that they're foster siblings than biological siblings like in pre-Flashpoint continuity.

CyberCubed

I get the feeling if we get a Season 5, it'll probably be a shortened 13 episodes instead of 26. Something tells me HBO isn't going to do another 26 episode order after they produced 52 episodes.

I do hope we get a Season 5, and if we get 13 episodes it should be enough to cover what he wants to cover if he'll have to condense some things.

colomb

Harley Quinn season 3 and Animaniacs season 3 are both 10 episodes, as is the new Batman cartoon's first season. The former two shows had 13 episode seasons previously. I expect Young Justice would have a similar drop, perhaps 20 episodes for season 5 aired in two parts.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
I get the feeling if we get a Season 5, it'll probably be a shortened 13 episodes instead of 26. Something tells me HBO isn't going to do another 26 episode order after they produced 52 episodes.

I do hope we get a Season 5, and if we get 13 episodes it should be enough to cover what he wants to cover if he'll have to condense some things.
Harley Quinn season 3 and Animaniacs season 3 are both 10 episodes, as is the new Batman cartoon's first season. The former two shows had 13 episode seasons previously. I expect Young Justice would have a similar drop, perhaps 20 episodes for season 5 aired in two parts.
That and I am hoping the creators will do something for the show's 100th episode.

Medinnus

Staff member
My final thoughts on Season Four:

* While I enjoyed parts, mostly the myriad threads either involve characters or themes I found boring as heck.

* I acknowledge that representation matters, but however open-minded I am, I am still a late-50's straight white guy, and so the various cultural, sexual/social orientation, and ethnic/religion diversity have a valid role, none of it interests me.

I was both pleased and irritated by the end of the season, culminating with the wedding; the size of the guest list indicates the problem with the constantly-expanding team and the consequent reduction in the spotlight for all the "old guard".

On the other hand, the ending showcases the crying need for spin-offs, starting with the LSH, GLC, Outsider, Bowhunter Security (The Arrows), and the Bat family. Keep the Team (old and new) as the covert hand of the Justice League, expanding the occasional JL guest appearance. So many possibilities - but none of them likely, unless they focus the storytelling and spin-off. Or we get what we got in Season Four - story arcs with too many folks and not enough focus.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Imagine if there was an equivalent of Avatar Studios so that the show could have multiple spinoffs to fully explore its concepts.

-batmat-

My final thoughts on Season Four:

* While I enjoyed parts, mostly the myriad threads either involve characters or themes I found boring as heck.

* I acknowledge that representation maters, but however open-minded I am, I am still a late-50's straight white guy, and so the various cultural, sexual/social orientation, and ethnic/religion diversity have a valid role, none of it interests me.

I was both pleased and irritated by the end of the season, culminating with the wedding; the size of the guest list indicates the problem with the constantly-expanding team and the consequent reduction in the spotlight for all the "old guard".

On the other hand, the ending showcases the crying need for spin-offs, starting with the LSH, GLC, Outsider, Bowhunter Security (The Arrows), and the Bat family. Keep the Team (old and new) as the covert hand of the Justice League, expanding the occasional JL guest appearance. So many possibilities - but none of them likely, unless they focus the storytelling and spin-off. Or we get what we got in Season Four - story arcs with too many folks and not enough focus.

Well said, I feel very similar to this. I feel YJ tries to be about so much at once that in my head it's too much and it ends up feeling about nothing at all, if that makes sense.

Frontier

Staff member
To be honest I kind of wonder how they'd handle a JL show versus the main YJ at this point.

More focused on the Superheroics and less on the cloak and dagger stuff? Less worrying about The Light? A more serialized and relationship-driven JLU?

Also just the fact that the Team characters aren't the main characters, do the adult heroes get to finally step up :p?

Medinnus

Staff member
To be honest I kind of wonder how they'd handle a JL show versus the main YJ at this point.

More focused on the Superheroics and less on the cloak and dagger stuff? Less worrying about The Light? A more serialized and relationship-driven JLU?

Also just the fact that the Team characters aren't the main characters, do the adult heroes get to finally step up :p?
(Is this the right place to answer this? LOL)

"If I ran the zoo", I would start with a JL team I'd treat as the "core" of the narrative:

* Green Arrow
* Captain Marvel/Shazam
* Zatanna
* Steel
* Fire
* Ice

Support Staff:
Intelligence - Oracle
Support - Black Canary
Combat Trainer - Wildcat

Each mission that derives from outside the team would have the team recruited by different Founder leaders, and over time the core team would rotate was the lesser members develop and other juniors come and train under GA.

Frontier

Staff member
(Is this the right place to answer this? LOL)

"If I ran the zoo", I would start with a JL team I'd treat as the "core" of the narrative:

* Green Arrow
* Captain Marvel/Shazam
* Zatanna
* Steel
* Fire
* Ice

Support Staff:
Intelligence - Oracle
Support - Black Canary
Combat Trainer - Wildcat

Each mission that derives from outside the team would have the team recruited by different Founder leaders, and over time the core team would rotate was the lesser members develop and other juniors come and train under GA.
The Earth-16 League is so expansive I can see them shifting members episode by episode.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
The Earth-16 League is so expansive I can see them shifting members episode by episode.
La'gann made 45 but granted some are retired/not active, they're close to JLU numbers so I wouldn't be surprised by a rotating cast.

Frontier

Staff member
La'gann made 45 but granted some are retired/not active, they're close to JLU numbers so I wouldn't be surprised by a rotating cast.
Could answer some important questions...what goes on in the League's personal lives?

What makes them the worlds' greatest heroes and first line of defense when the plot isn't trying to focus on their protege's?

What is Earth-16 Diana really like considering she's gotten the least screentime of the rest of the Trinity because none of her sidekicks were main characters?

What are the rest of the roster like when they're not just a bunch of heroes standing around doing nothing?

Are there actually more threats in this universe that have nothing to do with The Light :p?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
What is Earth-16 Diana really like considering she's gotten the least screentime of the rest of the Trinity because none of her sidekicks were main characters?
The amount of screentime Wonder Woman gets in animation... leaves a lot to be desired. They could easily do a solo spin off about YJ's Diana considering how long her story spans from Themyscira, to joining the All-Star Squadron, going back home, returning to Man's World, the JL, meeting Troia, meeting Cassie, and so on.

Are there actually more threats in this universe that have nothing to do with The Light :p?
They end up on a permanent vacation on Warworld. :p

Kylstar, for example, is still out there presumably still with those from Earth who volunteered to go conquer with him before he goes after his race's captors.

Frontier

Staff member
The amount of screentime Wonder Woman gets in animation... leaves a lot to be desired. They could easily do a solo spin off about YJ's Diana considering how long her story spans from Themyscira, to joining the All-Star Squadron, going back home, returning to Man's World, the JL, meeting Troia, meeting Cassie, and so on.
I still wonder to this day how different the show would've been if they'd been able to use Donna in season 1.
They end up on a permanent vacation on Warworld. :p

Kylstar, for example, is still out there presumably still with those from Earth who volunteered to go conquer with him before he goes after his race's captors.
And the real Brainiac and all those villains he ended up grabbing :ack:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts