"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 34 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

the greenman

That would be cool if she's Jemmy, I think she debuted in the Vertigo/Sandman comic which I think would be the first Vertigo character to be adapted into YJ?
Well, they've already touched on Milestone, why not Vertigo :p?

(In before the Endless turn up...).
As well as the Wildstorm characters (two which were never revealed.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Marvelman02

My guess is that this season or the next the mystery of Wally's disappearance and Connor's supposed death will be resolved. Yes, it is always possible they are just dead, but I don't believe it. And, I think, after that has been resolved, it will finally be time for a changing of the guard. By that, I mean it is time for the main cast to retire.

Greg & Brandon tried this in season 3 by bringing in three new characters. This was, IMO, unsuccessful. But, by a changing of the guard, I mean it is time to bring in an entirely new cast with our original cast relegated to guest appearances. Sure, by all means, let's check in on Wally & Artemis from time to time, but by and large they should be in the background. Greg & Brandon should introduce a new generation of heroes, starting with the Supersons. I also think that the way to do this is to return to the first season format for at least one season to properly introduce the new main cast.

The one corner of the DC Universe I would like to see explored of which we have seen close to zero is the Green Lantern mythos - including the other corps. Maybe Kyle Rayner could join the team, or Jessica Cruz?

Last edited:

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Who knows, Superboy might be alive. But Wally is dead. This is not a CW show where people die to create drama for several seasons and then they come back. Sorry, but at this point, I find it unacceptable to bring Wally back.

I find it odd to think that the main characters should retire? It would change the entire series.

I think that the next season will focus on existing characters that haven't been used much yet. (Bumblebee / Arrowette+Arsenal+Spoiler / Brion+Cyborg+Halo / Robin+Wonder Girl+Static) But also some arcs on the main characters...

Frontier

Staff member
Hm, I know there's one unrevealed in season one. Then Kaizen debuted on season three (but technically he's since been incorporated into mainstream DC comics).
I wouldn't be surprised to see Grifter at some point.
Who knows, Superboy might be alive. But Wally is dead. This is not a CW show where people die to create drama for several seasons and then they come back. Sorry, but at this point, I find it unacceptable to bring Wally back.
They did Wally dirty but that's partially why I think Conner has a far better chance of coming back than Conner did. The only reason they'd bring Wally back would be for the drama and to make him The Flash but it just wouldn't hit quite right.

Marvelman02

I find it odd to think that the main characters should retire? It would change the entire series.

I think that the next season will focus on existing characters that haven't been used much yet. (Bumblebee / Arrowette+Arsenal+Spoiler / Brion+Cyborg+Halo / Robin+Wonder Girl+Static) But also some arcs on the main characters...
1) Retirement might be odd on most other shows but this is not most others shows. The show is about growth and change. The core six aren't teenagers anymore.

2) Regarding Wally.. maybe you're right. But, let's go back to Overwhelmed. There's a principle called Chekhov's Gun. You don't introduce a gun in act one unless it will going to be fired at some point. Likewise, what would be the point of Zatanna & M'gann's deception unless it was going to come back to bite them at some point?

Light Lucario

Staff member
I'm still pretty confident that Wally is alive. Disappearing like that just makes me think he's stuck in the Speed Force or somehow sent to the future given the presence of the Legion. Plus, Zatanna and Megan making her believe that she talked to Wally's spirit when they were just trying to help her move on from her grief is a huge red flag. There is a lot of potential drama of Wally coming back after Artemis started to move on, as well as the fallout from finding out that Zatanna and Megan lied to her. They may want to keep his death since it was such a memorable moment in the series, but I can easily see them bringing Wally back somehow.

I'm even more confident that Connor will come back at some point during this season. They are doing a good job with showcasing the impact of his death. I think it has been handled a bit better than the grief from losing Wally, but a large part of that is because this death happened early on in the season and they can immediately focus on the way characters react to his death. We had to wait a long time to see more of the impact from Wally's death on most of the main cast too due to the series being cancelled. I'm just sure that there's some kind of twist involved and he isn't really dead due to the Legion appearing during the Mars arc. We don't know what their mission was and it is quite possible that the twist is that they failed in their mission to prevent Connor's death, but I don't think that they'd have the Legion appear during that arc if there wasn't some kind of twist with Connor's supposed death.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
My guess is that this season or the next the mystery of Wally's disappearance and Connor's supposed death will be resolved. Yes, it is always possible they are just dead, but I don't believe it. And, I think, after that has been resolved, it will finally be time for a changing of the guard. By that, I mean it is time for the main cast to retire.

Greg & Brandon tried this in season 3 by bringing in three new characters. This was, IMO, unsuccessful. But, by a changing of the guard, I mean it is time to bring in an entirely new cast with our original cast relegated to guest appearances. Sure, by all means, let's check in on Wally & Artemis from time to time, but by and large they should be in the background. Greg & Brandon should introduce a new generation of heroes, starting with the Supersons. I also think that the way to do this is to return to the first season format for at least one season to properly introduce the new main cast.

The one corner of the DC Universe I would like to see explored of which we have seen close to zero is the Green Lantern mythos - including the other corps. Maybe Kyle Rayner could join the team, or Jessica Cruz?
If Wally comes back, there's no way I'd enjoy seeing him relegated to the background. His death affected the dynamic of the team, the story and the show's shift in tone.

Like you said they already tried that in s3. I'm all for that again in subsequent seasons because that's the closest we ever got & ever will get to the s1 format considering the circumstances of how many more YJ members + character/story arcs there are now. We're about a decade & half too early for the super kids reliving the past in their future. If Vietti & Weisman know for sure when their last & final season is, by all means go for it.

I could've sworn the comics did introduce the first Teen Lantern.

Frontier

Staff member
Weisman has been very adamant the Speed Force doesn't exist on Earth-16.
Although I think one of the reasons he didn't care for the Speed Force in the comics was because if there was a Speed Force, why weren't there other Forces? And then the comics just introduced a bunch of other Forces :p.

Makes me wonder if, by Weisman logic, Wally could have never surpassed Barry like he did in the comics. Although it always seemed like they were more inspired by Messner-Loeb Wally than Waid Wally.

colomb

Although I think one of the reasons he didn't care for the Speed Force in the comics was because if there was a Speed Force, why weren't there other Forces? And then the comics just introduced a bunch of other Forces :p.
I think it was also because he mostly read older comics before the concept was introduced, and wanting to keep the show grounded. He acknowledged the new forces too; Search Ask Greg : Gargoyles : Station Eight

His other comment about his initial disinterest in multi-colored Lanterns is interesting. I guess the two- front war against the Reach and Apokolips would be enough to keep the Green Lanterns busy, if they ever get some focus.

Frontier

Staff member
I think it was also because he mostly read older comics before the concept was introduced, and wanting to keep the show grounded. He acknowledged the new forces too; Search Ask Greg : Gargoyles : Station Eight

His other comment about his initial disinterest in multi-colored Lanterns is interesting. I guess the two- front war against the Reach and Apokolips would be enough to keep the Green Lanterns busy, if they ever get some focus.
That and it's not a Flash show so they don't have to dive that deeply into it :p.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Weisman has been very adamant the Speed Force doesn't exist on Earth-16.
Oh yeah. I forgot about that. A part of me wonders if he didn't want to have a potentially easy way to explain away Wally's death, but he probably just didn't want to incorporate a big aspect of the Flash lore in a show that isn't about the Flash.

Marvelman02

I'm starting to think that with everything going on that the Legion story-line may not be resolved this season. Clearly, trouble is brewing in Markovia, and that may take priority over Superboy and the Legion of Superheroes.

reflection01

I’m expecting a Legion season or half season but it doesn’t look like it will be Season 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I'd settle for at least one more episode this season that explains more about the Legion's mission and possibly brings back Conner rather than a full Legion arc. We're not even half-way through Phantoms so I think there's still time for this, as the last arc showed they are still adding some side-plots within them that expand on what happened before.

On another note, one more thought about what this season's titles might spell out - could it be an invitation to Markovia? Though there should still be 5 more letters I can't think of at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts