"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 33 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
It's interesting how he hasn't worked on a Young Justice episode since the episode Independence Day (though he may have done storyboards for other episodes). It'll be interesting to see what he does in season 4.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
It's interesting how he hasn't worked on a Young Justice episode since the episode Independence Day (though he may have done storyboards for other episodes). It'll be interesting to see what he does in season 4.
Why is it interesting though? Because he only did the one? For YJ season 1, Jay Oliva and Michael Chang were the main directors while Liu, Chris Berkeley, Matt Youngberg, and Victor Cook were likely brought in as guest directors to help with the work load. He only directed the one episode "Fireworks." Nothing else credited. It's well established he went on to direct Avengers: EMH the same time I think as his YJ episode, Green Lantern: The Animated Series and Beware The Batman, then the DCU movies.

Frontier

Staff member
Why is it interesting though? Because he only did the one? For YJ season 1, Jay Oliva and Michael Chang were the main directors while Liu, Chris Berkeley, Matt Youngberg, and Victor Cook were likely brought in as guest directors to help with the work load. He only directed the one episode "Fireworks." Nothing else credited. It's well established he went on to direct Avengers: EMH the same time I think as his YJ episode, Green Lantern: The Animated Series and Beware The Batman, then the DCU movies.
So in essence he has a pretty great Superhero animation pedigree :p.

Frontier

Staff member

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Haven't seen other sites reporting the August premiere date, so I'm not sure how accurate it is. Maybe a there will be a formal announcement or something at Wonder Con, but we'll see.

Marvelman02

According to this site, Young Justice Season 4: Release Date and Preview - OtakuKart, the release date for season 4 is August 24, 2021.
Okay, I think I see where this came from. This site, Young Justice Season 4 Release Date, News, talks about August 24 as a POTENTIAL release date. The author justifies this date by having compared to the release schedule of previous seasons. This is not a fact; it is a SURMISE. There is still no official release date. I am sorry about any confusion I may have caused. I just saw the date and got excited. I should have known better.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Part 2 of Whelmed podcast's interview with W&V.
-9:57: Greg clarifies the layout of Lucas Carr's property and confirms the interior of Lucas's house has not been seen yet.

-12:38: Greg confirms generally Outsiders was the season 3 they envisioned from early years. Some details that changed were the refugee crisis, the plan for Beast Boy, and use of social media.

-17:15: The audio play came from a desire to get some new material out there, were initially asked to set it during season 4 to which they declined but felt a prequel to was fair game so they could throw in hints and easter eggs. Contrary to how it's normally done, they had to figure out which actors were available on FanDome then write the lay, started from a list of 14 actors, then broke basics of story with Brandon Vietti, had little time to write it so he stayed up even later than he already does

-25:47: Commends what Jason has done with Forager

-27:38: Tigress becoming the new leader of the Team felt organic after Batgirl was for a time and after Miss Martian and everyone in the Anti-Light stepping back from being leaders and going back to being soldiers. At this point, Tigress is imminently qualified to be the leader. Artemis is 25 years old in season 4.

Last edited:

ShadowStar

It's nice that they clarified that Batgirl had a stint as leader of the Team in between seasons 2 and 3. The companion comic issue(s) that was/were released online right before the launch of season 3 did suggest that she was the leader in August of Team Year Six, but it's great to have confirmation!

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
Greg confirms generally Outsiders was the season 3 they envisioned from early years. Some details that changed were the refugee crisis, the plan for Beast Boy, and use of social media.
Well...yeah. We basically got a better executed season 2 given they had to take down the enemy whilst the enemy was hiding in plain sight as a force for good + the whole experimented on meta kids subplot that introduced all these new characters including Virgil Hawkins but could barely develop them unlike the Outsiders.

Frontier

Staff member
Well...yeah. We basically got a better executed season 2 given they had to take down the enemy whilst the enemy was hiding in plain sight as a force for good + the whole experimented on meta kids subplot that introduced all these new characters including Virgil Hawkins but could barely develop them unlike the Outsiders.
And Virgil still got barely developed outside wanting a girlfriend and wordlessly being there for Black Lightning :sweat:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts