"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 33 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetShop209

Considering how most of the scripts are written and many of the episodes are fully recorded, but we don't have any fully completed episodes yet, I wouldn't be surprised if season 4 came out in 2022.

ShadowStar

Considering how most of the scripts are written and many of the episodes are fully recorded, but we don't have any fully completed episodes yet, I wouldn't be surprised if season 4 came out in 2022.

If seven episodes are already in post-production, then I would say that it's likely that the first 13 will be released in 2021.

ShadowStar

I hope they budget and manage this season out a little bit better so we end up with less still shots instead of actual animation.

That's likely to depend on the size of the budget. We don't know for sure whether it has remained the same for each season of the show, and that could mean that there need to be compromises here and there.

Frontier

Staff member
That's likely to depend on the size of the budget. We don't know for sure whether it has remained the same for each season of the show, and that could mean that there need to be compromises here and there.
Well, I'd like to think if they feel the show is successful enough to renew again that it could have a bit of a budget boost, but I guess you never know :sweat:.

SweetShop209

I'm guessing the more realistic aesthetic of the show makes it harder to animate action scenes. With other DC cartoons, there's usually more of a stylization or simple design so that the action has more impact.

Frontier

Staff member
I'm guessing the more realistic aesthetic of the show makes it harder to animate action scenes. With other DC cartoons, there's usually more of a stylization or simple design so that the action has more impact.
It didn't seem to be as much of a problem for the first two seasons, although maybe I'm just remembering them with rose-colored glasses...

ShadowStar

Well, I'd like to think if they feel the show is successful enough to renew again that it could have a bit of a budget boost, but I guess you never know :sweat:.
That's an assumption that we can't really make without having the showrunners weigh in on the matter first. No offense! I just think we should be careful about what we think we know about how money is handled in these shows, when we haven't had the matter clarified by inside sources.

And you're right when you say that the first two seasons had strong animation -- the earliest episodes of season 1, especially, looked stunning.

SweetShop209

If I recall, the show used to be funded by merchandise sales during the first two seasons, meaning there was probably a bigger budget then. I assume that's not the case with season 3.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
There will probably be some episodes ready to premiere next year. I think Weisman only said no episode is 100% finished yet, but we don't know how close to completion they are. I presume that as before, the season will be released in at least two batches, so the first one could be released in summer-fall 2021 at the earliest, I guess.

Last edited:

VeiledHat

HAHAHA! I HAVE YOU NOW!
Phantoms, huh? Can't wait to see my two favorites, Victor and Jaime, in action.

Show's also on HBO Max now, so I can watch the entire thing (I've only seen clips of it, like the Victor "You ruined me" scene and the scene where Atom and Bumblebee are inside Jaime.)

CyberCubed

Is this going to be the final season? I bet he will end the last episode on another cliffhanger.

SweetShop209

We won't know until much later. Recall that the announcement for season 4 came out very late (I think either near the end of season 3 or after it finished). If the show does get a season 5, let's hope that the creators will be notified early enough to start working on it.

the greenman

Definitely numbers. Personally, the series is kinda getting annoying in structure. For instance, Im certain they had a story they wanted to tell, but the way in going about it often makes it kinda bothersome. At least to me.

Too much fan service is bad, but even teasing it can be worse. Much like "Harley Quinn and the Birds of Prey"; they're using a brand name recognition where some fan would recognize. YJ Outsiders wasted Metamorpho and Katana who were honestly both much better utilized in "Beware the Batman". Yet they gave good attention to Milestone characters Hardware and Holocaust. Enough for fans to say. . . cool. I think Looker only got a reference. Ugh.

Also, at this point The Light doesn't come off threatening anymore. No surprise antics. Not even the Terra/Deathstroke ship could save this.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
Definitely numbers. Personally, the series is kinda getting annoying in structure. For instance, Im certain they had a story they wanted to tell, but the way in going about it often makes it kinda bothersome. At least to me.

Too much fan service is bad, but even teasing it can be worse. Much like "Harley Quinn and the Birds of Prey"; they're using a brand name recognition where some fan would recognize. YJ Outsiders wasted Metamorpho and Katana who were honestly both much better utilized in "Beware the Batman". Yet they gave good attention to Milestone characters Hardware and Holocaust. Enough for fans to say. . . cool. I think Looker only got a reference. Ugh.

Also, at this point The Light doesn't come off threatening anymore. No surprise antics. Not even the Terra/Deathstroke ship could save this.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk
Katana and Metamorpho actually got an episode, that's more than Hardware or most of Batman Incorporated got, even if they never did anything after said episode.

I feel like one of the biggest problems with the show is how unfocused it can feel with all the shifting focus on characters, subplots, and teams and with how many of them there are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts