"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 33 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I'd be kind of surprised if they had their wedding in-between seasons. It would kind of fit with how each new season had time skips with major events happening to the cast, but at the same time, Megan and Connor's relationship has gotten a good amount of focus in each season. Their wedding being done in-between seasons instead of in an episode of season four would be a bit odd, but showing it in a flashback could potentially work. It would really depend on what the main focus is for this season and what storyline they have for Megan and Connor.

ShadowStar

This is very exciting!

Funnily enough, something about the designations occurred to me today... If Silas Stone is A-42 and Dolphin is A-41, would Helena Sandsmark be A-40? She used the Zeta transport system for what appeared to be the first time in the previous episode. And wouldn't Helga Jace be A-39, assuming that no-one else was given Authorized Guest status in the first 19 episodes of the season, other than her? Then there's Eduardo Dorado Sr. -- he was on the scene in season 2, so is it possible that he was given an Authorized Guest designation even earlier than Helga Jace?

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Not much news from DC FanDome, but they confirmed "Phantoms" will be the title for season 4. A better look at the logo is included in the link.
As for what will happen in the fourth season of Young Justice, that remains a mystery. However, an original script was performed by the cast during the FanDome panel, set between Seasons 3 and 4, which gave some hints about what's to come.
In the script, Connor Kent (Nolan North) and Megan Morse (Danica McKellar) bid farewell to their friends as they head off for a new adventure on their own, signaling the end of their time on the Team. What's more, Arsenal (Crispin Freeman) joins the Team once again, after an invitation from Artemis Clock (Stephanie Lemelin).[/quote[

WF has the press release for the new season title.

ShadowStar

I LOVE the logo for Phantoms!

It's a shame that the third fan question was wasted on whether we will see any more female JL members, but I liked the fact that Greg Weisman provided a diplomatic answer. This show is about younger heroes and seeing those younger heroes in various stages of their lives as they grow up, so it's not really surprising that he emphasised that the focus will remain on those characters (both female and male) with his answer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frontier

Staff member
I've seen some speculation we might be seeing The Spectre play a major role this season. Considering the logo is now green and white and Spectre is a phantom-like character...

Frontier

Staff member
Well, with the season subtitle, I do expect a high count on supernatural characters. Wouldn't mind seeing some JSA villains. As essentially that was Savage's main draw in the first place, then came the JL with more powerful team members.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk
I'm hoping we get more of the JSA. They've got Stargirl and an animated movie coming out, why not some more love on Young Justice ;)?

(I still don't like what they did with Courtney).

ShadowStar

I'm hoping we get more of the JSA. They've got Stargirl and an animated movie coming out, why not some more love on Young Justice ;)?

(I still don't like what they did with Courtney).

It'd be great to see more of the JSA if that connects to established story threads fairly organically. I'm hoping that any new characters in season 4 will not be characters that have already received a lot of attention in other recent adaptations (so I'd rather not see someone like Starfire or Raven), but I'd be fine with seeing JSA characters if there's a good reason for involving them. Overall though, I'd really just like to see more of the Team (both current members and former members) and the Outsiders. But who knows what lies in store!

Frontier

Staff member
It'd be great to see more of the JSA if that connects to established story threads fairly organically. I'm hoping that any new characters in season 4 will not be characters that have already received a lot of attention in other recent adaptations (so I'd rather not see someone like Starfire or Raven), but I'd be fine with seeing JSA characters if there's a good reason for involving them. Overall though, I'd really just like to see more of the Team (both current members and former members) and the Outsiders. But who knows what lies in store!
I think of anyone the Batman Inc. kids deserve to finally get some character focus, along with Traci 13...

I doubt that, if they introduced Starfire or Raven, they would dedicate as much screentime to them like they did with Cyborg. Of course, if this season is magic/supernatural based to some degree it might make sense to introduce Raven.

ShadowStar

They made her like an interviewer with a vlog which just felt kind of random. It was really just a way of working in someone from DC Daily.

It was an out of left field way to introduce the character, for sure, but I liked it. Especially since the scene where she interviewed Garfield was fun. I’m going to play devil’s advocate on this occasion! :)

Frontier

Staff member
It was an out of left field way to introduce the character, for sure, but I liked it. Especially since the scene where she interviewed Garfield was fun. I’m going to play devil’s advocate on this occasion! :)
Oh yeah, I mean, on its own the role was fine. You just could've made that a gender-flipped Air Wave and it would've made more sense than calling her Courtney Whitmore :sweat:.

Frontier

Staff member
I'm also interested in what the figurative meaning the title will be. Like more secrets revealed, more skeletons in the closet will see the light of day, more subterfuge?
I also wonder if the coloring on the logo is a deliberate Spectre nod.

I'm getting potential supernatural/dead character vibes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Streaker Prower wrote on Vuxovich's profile.
What would happen if FUNimation did continue to use Ocean Media for Dragon Ball Z And Probably the Original Dragon Ball, GT, Kai, Super and the Video Games

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.

Featured Posts