"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 33 (Spoilers)

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Maybe we'll see the formation of a new (Young) Justice League Dark type of team in season 4. Or a regular JLD, and their sidekicks and proteges end up being the focus of the show.

Wally West as the Spectre could work, maybe something similar to the last season of Arrow
where Oliver Queen briefly becomes host for Spectre
But I am not sure if they'll ever really bring Wally back to life.

I still think Phantom Girl and some other members of the Legion of Super-Heroes are likely to show up.

If the "Phantoms" sub-title were red, then I presume there would be more talk of Red Hood. :p

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Yeah, I have to agree. I am fine with Wally's absence. Though I wouldn't mind seeing Wally again in hallucinations and the like, as in season 3. As sadistic as it might sound I like seeing the other characters cope with his death and try to move on with their lives.

Frontier

Staff member
I'm sure someone has come up with a theory that Wally will return as the Spectre.
I think it's more likely to be an established character on the show rather than Jim Corrigan or Crispus Allen...although last we saw Hal Jordan he had grey in his hair, and that usually leads to a few things :sweat:.
Pretty sure the crew made it clear he is D.E.A.D. I also think that's why Weisman said he doesn't want so much time travel, cause what's to stop them from trying to mess up the timelines. After Avengers: Endgame, I am content with the death of Wally.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk
Yeah, I have to agree. I am fine with Wally's absence. Though I wouldn't mind seeing Wally again in hallucinations and the like, as in season 3. As sadistic as it might sound I like seeing the other characters cope with his death and try to move on with their lives.
At this point I've kind of made my peace with the fact that the show's pretty much done with Wally. It's pretty clear they have other priorities, which is partially why he's dead in the first place and other characters get bigger roles than he ever had on the show. They'll probably make Bart the second Flash instead of bringing Wally back.

It's a shame, but I guess it's to be expected for Wally :(.

SweetShop209

Last edited:

EmaHalJordan

I'm happy, I'm from Argentina and Harley never came, and Netflix has the Titans and only seasons 1 and 2 of Young Justice. I don't know what the rights will be like but HBO MAX has already said that Latin America will be the first market that will arrive in 2021! :D

I know Stargirl is going to the CW but I hope that in Latin America it will be on Netflix or HBO MAX!

ShadowStar

Okay, thanx. So not too far to go.

That's all pre-production -- it doesn't tell us how far along they are regarding overseas animation and post-production. They might not have even started post-production yet.

Mind you, I still really appreciate the update! :) No pessimism whatsoever is intended on my part -- I'm really looking forward to season 4.

the greenman

That's all pre-production -- it doesn't tell us how far along they are regarding overseas animation and post-production. They might not have even started post-production yet.

Mind you, I still really appreciate the update! :) No pessimism whatsoever is intended on my part -- I'm really looking forward to season 4.
I can use any good news this year, my man.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Well, to give some comparative examples

-During Outsiders
--On November 14, 2016, Greg Weisman started his first day of work on Outsiders.
--By December 25, 2016, Outsiders had not started pre-production yet.
--By July 21, 2017, about 12 scripts were done.
--By April 5, 2018, all 26 scripts were done. About 11 episodes are still in some stage of pre-production, 8 were in the process of being animated in Seoul, and 7 are were in post-production.
--By April 16, 2018, Greg said there were "very deep into Pre-Production, pretty darn deep into Production, and beyond the shallow end in Post-Production".
--By May 10, 2018, all recording was done.
--By July 20, 2018, 7 episodes were complete and ready to stream.

-For Phantoms
--By July 19, 2019, Brandon Vietti said they started work on Phantoms already
--By February 8, 2020, 11 scripts and 6 voice records have been completed. No animatics are locked yet
--Today, September 19, 2020, 24 scripts are done, 20 episodes are fully recorded, and 3 episodes are partially recorded.

In theory, 6 or 7 episodes of Phantoms should be done by March 2021.

Frontier

Staff member
Well, to give some comparative examples

-During Outsiders
--On November 14, 2016, Greg Weisman started his first day of work on Outsiders.
--By December 25, 2016, Outsiders had not started pre-production yet.
--By July 21, 2017, about 12 scripts were done.
--By April 5, 2018, all 26 scripts were done. About 11 episodes are still in some stage of pre-production, 8 were in the process of being animated in Seoul, and 7 are were in post-production.
--By April 16, 2018, Greg said there were "very deep into Pre-Production, pretty darn deep into Production, and beyond the shallow end in Post-Production".
--By May 10, 2018, all recording was done.
--By July 20, 2018, 7 episodes were complete and ready to stream.

-For Phantoms
--By July 19, 2019, Brandon Vietti said they started work on Phantoms already
--By February 8, 2020, 11 scripts and 6 voice records have been completed. No animatics are locked yet
--Today, September 19, 2020, 24 scripts are done, 20 episodes are fully recorded, and 3 episodes are partially recorded.

In theory, 6 or 7 episodes of Phantoms should be done by March 2021.
I guess we probably won't see any trailer or a premier date until they've locked in the first thirteen episodes o_O.

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Apparently, in addition to the DreamWorks incarnation of Trolls... Disney Channel aired the DiC one?
they can bring back g4, chiller, and cloo back on xumo, i mean if they bring back spike tv for pluto tv, why not chiller, cloo, and g4 for xumo
Hey guys, I'm back! Been gone for almost a year from having a lot on my plate but now I have more free time. I hope everyone here is making it through these tough and difficult times.
Today marks the 20th Year Anniversary of when Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask was released in North America. Majora's Mask was the second game from the franchise I played and certainly fits with the Halloween theme.
Why did Adult Swim air the Family Guy episode Wasted Talent as part of the Halloween special?