"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 33 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

the greenman

All of this sounds reasonable to me, but we could all be wrong and Phantoms could debut in 2022.
It's always possible. Might even be as late as early December. I will repeat I just don't want this to be rushed in any way. With the way Greg had been posting lately, his and Brandon's work on the series might be winding down a little bit.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

ShadowStar

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Can someone say Cosmic Treadmill ;)?
8/12: Perhaps they did try at one point to salvage Bart's time machine to make something a la the Cosmic Treadmill but gave up once it became apparent he was sticking around and/or a lack of sufficient tech.

8/13: Master timeline is at 612 pages now. (And Weisman now only has 98 questions left to answer)

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
While talking about how me met Rich Fogel, Weisman mentioned "Shimmer & Shine writing staff (Stephanie Simpson, Dustin Ferrer, Kevin Hopps, Cisco Paredes, Andrew Blanchette and Rich), so when YJ started up again I tried to get everyone to write an episode for Season Three and/or Four. Stephanie and Dustin haven't had the time, but the rest have all pitched in for an episode or two. (Of course, Kevin was already a YJ writer.)"

So we might see Paredes return, he wrote "Exceptional Human Beings", Fogel, who wrote "Antisocial Pathologies", and Hopps wrote "True Heroes" for season 3. I think if Blanchette is writing season 4 this is his debut on YJ.

the greenman

While talking about how me met Rich Fogel, Weisman mentioned "Shimmer & Shine writing staff (Stephanie Simps]on, Dustin Ferrer, Kevin Hopps, Cisco Paredes, Andrew Blanchette and Rich), so when YJ started up again I tried to get everyone to write an episode for Season Three and/or Four. Stephanie and Dustin haven't had the time, but the rest have all pitched in for an episode or two. (Of course, Kevin was already a YJ writer.)"

So we might see Paredes return, he wrote "Exceptional Human Beings", Fogel, who wrote "Antisocial Pathologies", and Hopps wrote "True Heroes" for season 3. I think if Blanchette is writing season 4 this is his debut on YJ.
What is his writing credits?

Last edited by a moderator:

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I'm guessing the reason there hasn't been an episode from either Dustin Ferrer or Stephanie Simpson was from being busy with other shows. The former was busy with Esme And Roy (which she co-created) and the latter is busy with Hilda (which she co-created).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Hmm. Well, some of those answers have been given to us before (but question was asked over a year ago). I'm curious which TT actors lost out to what parts.
The likely candidates would be a small group; Khary Payton (he already is doing so many roles anyway), Ashley Johnson, T'keyan Crystal Kemah (Karen/Bumblebee), Scott Menville, Michael Rosenbaum (Kid Flash), and Mike Erwin (Speedy).

the greenman

The likely candidates would be a small group; Khary Payton (he already is doing so many roles anyway), Ashley Johnson, T'keyan Crystal Kemah (Karen/Bumblebee), Scott Menville, Michael Rosenbaum (Kid Flash), and Mike Erwin (Speedy).

Well, Payton & Rosenbaum just seem to stay busy anyway (besides price-wise probably costly). That also goes for T'keyan Crystal Kemah and Scott Menville, who are also vets in the industry. Hyden Walch is already doing YJ too.

Frontier

Staff member
Weisman talks about the casting process for Geo-Force, Terra, Halo, Forager, Cyborg, Darkseid, Vandal Savage, and Beast Boy in season 3.
Very insightful :).

Greg wanting to use Zehra Fazal from the start was cool ;).

I'm glad Zeno was really happy to get to play Cyborg :D.

I guess they're fine with voice reprisals if they remember how good someone was in a previous role...I guess Grey Griffin is also just like default Lois Lane :p.

That's kind of unexpected that upper management were the ones insistent on not using VA's from the Teen Titans cartoons...I forgot Greg worked with Cipes on WITCH o_O.

the greenman

That's kind of unexpected that upper management were the ones insistent on not using VA's from the Teen Titans cartoons...I forgot Greg worked with Cipes on WITCH o_O.

I'm not. I think they're the same ones who didn't think fans would differentiate if multiple representations of an IP were in media at the same time.

Marvelman02

Very insightful :).

Greg wanting to use Zehra Fazal from the start was cool ;).

I'm glad Zeno was really happy to get to play Cyborg :D.

I guess they're fine with voice reprisals if they remember how good someone was in a previous role...I guess Grey Griffin is also just like default Lois Lane :p.

Zehra Fazal was a decent Halo. She was also a decent Lian. But I think this lady played a few too many roles. Am I the only one who thought her Windfall (the one with the cockney accent) was terrible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts