"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 33 (Spoilers)

AdrenalineRush1996

I really hope that Kory and Rachel finally appear in the show, considering that they're the only ones from the core seven NTT team to have not yet appeared in the show, since Dick, Wally and Garfield have been regular characters, while Victor and Donna have been recurring characters in the show, along with the possibility of Lilith appearing too.

Last edited:

ShadowStar

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
This must have been held back for a while, since they mention that the script for season 4 episode 26 hadn't been written at the time of this recording. Greg Weisman tweeted in November that all 26 scripts were complete. But it's a cool interview -- I'm enjoying listening to it!
Yeah, it's good to hear from them again in an interview. I'm like 15 minutes in. It didn't dawn on me that they would have to switch to record only 1 person at a time. But luckily didn't sound like it was a major delay, just they were 2 episodes delayed at the time. Also didn't think about the color issue Weisman mentions and how not everyone's computer/program weren't calibrated and/or they had to go back and forth with IT for the home set ups.

ShadowStar

Yeah, it's good to hear from them again in an interview. I'm like 15 minutes in. It didn't dawn on me that they would have to switch to record only 1 person at a time. But luckily didn't sound like it was a major delay, just they were 2 episodes delayed at the time. Also didn't think about the color issue Weisman mentions and how not everyone's computer/program weren't calibrated and/or they had to go back and forth with IT for the home set ups.
I think my favorite part of this interview is where Greg Weisman outright confirms that the Doom Patrol existed on Earth-16 and did indeed perish during the five-year gap (while Garfield was in Rita's custody), as was teased in "Nightmare Monkeys". I think the implication of that fever dream sequence was that those events did transpire in some form, but it's still nice to have confirmation!

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I think my favorite part of this interview is where Greg Weisman outright confirms that the Doom Patrol existed on Earth-16 and did indeed perish during the five-year gap (while Garfield was in Rita's custody), as was teased in "Nightmare Monkeys". I think the implication of that fever dream sequence was that those events did transpire in some form, but it's still nice to have confirmation!
Yes! I just got to that part, good thing I didn't see your reply before, lol. He went to Rita, but the Doom Patrol died, then to M'Gann, then to "Mento" then emancipated. But also he kinda confirmed the Monkey God and kinda setting up the Red. Great bonus to get that confirmed.

Frontier

Staff member
That's been bugging me since that episode since it was just so out-of-nowhere, especially with the framing device, so I'm glad to finally have it confirmed :).

khuddle

I've been re-watchging Justice League: The Animated Series, and I discovered that Forager, the bug like creature who plays a central role in YJ: Outsiders, actually first makes his appearance in the JL:AS episode "Twilight": Batman and Wonder Woman are sent off to New Genesis to seek help against Darkseid, and the first creature they meet there is the character "Forager" (although in this episode he takes on a humanoid form rather than that of an insect).

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Forager was re-designed for Young Justice, they used his original design from the comics for Justice League. He also showed up briefly in Superman: TAS (a small cameo I think) and Harley Quinn (where Darkseid kills him), again in a design closer to the original.

I like the new design for YJ it makes him look more alien as he's supposed to, and it's also a pretty fun way of keeping Jason Spisak part of the main voice cast.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

It looks like San Diego Comic Con will once again be virtual, with the event being held from July 23-25. They hopefully plan to have large, in person conventions in 2022, but it seems like a smaller venue will be held in November. In addition, Wonder Con will be virtual again, and be held from March 26-27.

About Butch Hartman's debacle s an artist recently, the dude is so much better than this. At least it's not something like being accused of something like Sexual harassment but, yeah disappointing to say the least.
I'll have to wait for the home release of the Tom and Jerry movie to watch it, but from what I've seen I like the Kayla character's relationship with Tom. It was nice to see a character befriend him before Jerry for once.
Here's a video from both The Watch Tower Database and Kuro The Artist about Dwayne McDuffie.

We are in the Endgame now...

Featured Posts