"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 32 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

I'm not sure if this was ever posted before, but it's worth bringing up . Greg Weisman mentioned that auditions at the beginning of season 2 for Impulse/Bart Allen (Jason Marsden), Blue Beetle/Jaime Reyes & Scarab (Eric Lopez), Robin/Tim Drake (Cameron Bowen) and Static/Virgil Hawkins (Bryton James), were done in complete secret. The actors thought they were auditioning for another series. It reminds me of how Vanessa Marshall once said she had no idea she was auditioning for Hera in Star Wars Rebels, or how Scott Menville mentioned in a Stretch Armstrong interview that he had no idea he auditioned for Doctor Octopus on Marvel's Spiderman.

Frontier

Staff member

I'm not sure if this was ever posted before, but it's worth bringing up . Greg Weisman mentioned that auditions at the beginning of season 2 for Impulse/Bart Allen (Jason Marsden), Blue Beetle/Jaime Reyes & Scarab (Eric Lopez), Robin/Tim Drake (Cameron Bowen) and Static/Virgil Hawkins (Bryton James), were done in complete secret. The actors thought they were auditioning for another series. It reminds me of how Vanessa Marshall once said she had no idea she was auditioning for Hera in Star Wars Rebels, or how Scott Menville mentioned in a Stretch Armstrong interview that he had no idea he auditioned for Doctor Octopus on Marvel's Spiderman.
I guess when you're involved with major franchises known for recognizable characters, you have to handle things with the utmost secrecy o_O .

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer

Not to be THAT guy (although I've found I usually am) but secret castings auditions for this show strike me as patently ridiculous. You want to be in Twin Peaks and work with David Lynch, that's part of the game, but these stories lead me to believe Young Justice, Star Wars Rebels, and Spider-Man think they are bigger deals than they actually are.

the greenman

Call it canon-in-training but Weisman said Connor majored in Mechanical Engineering in college.

He also recounted a brief but weird rights issue with using Milestone characters for season 3/Outsiders, even the ones that already appeared in the series.
I keep hearing some issues on Milestone rights. Some involved DC, some might be McDuffie's widow. We really don't know the fault line. They had planned a revamped universe with at least 2 more books. No idea.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
Call it canon-in-training but Weisman said Connor majored in Mechanical Engineering in college.
I guess that makes sense :).
He also recounted a brief but weird rights issue with using Milestone characters for season 3/Outsiders, even the ones that already appeared in the series.
I was wondering about the Milestone rights issues...I know they had characters edited out of the cover of the comics, but it seems like it almost effected the show :confused:.
Not to be THAT guy (although I've found I usually am) but secret castings auditions for this show strike me as patently ridiculous. You want to be in Twin Peaks and work with David Lynch, that's part of the game, but these stories lead me to believe Young Justice, Star Wars Rebels, and Spider-Man think they are bigger deals than they actually are.
They're definitely big deal to the fans :).

Harlequinn

Joker's Henchman
The back half of the season’s details leaked weeks in advance. This show doesn’t have to be a huge property to have leaks. The subtitle for season 4 already leaked. Greg wants his show experienced a particular way, it’s smart to cast in secret. Especially another actor leaked Kaldur’s existence pre-season 1. There’s a precedent

Parker-Shepherd

Did anyone hear that Dan Didio is leaving DC comics?

Not sure going forward what'll happen in regards to DC Universe since Young Justice is one of their most popular series.

There probably won't be any more Young Justice news until comic con in July, unless something is announced at Wondercon.

Frontier

Staff member
Did anyone hear that Dan Didio is leaving DC comics?

Not sure going forward what'll happen in regards to DC Universe since Young Justice is one of their most popular series.

There probably won't be any more Young Justice news until comic con in July, unless something is announced at Wondercon.
I doubt that will have much impact on Young Justice as Dan Didio was more involved with the publishing side of things.

the greenman

No, not really, just as a talking head in special features because he was one of the faces of the comics that most movies take inspiration from.
Maybe not but he was involved with some of the DC animated movies so I don't know if he had little or nothing to do with Young Justice.
Yeah very similar to how Joe Quesada was a liaison between Marvel comics and Marvel Studios. I personally feel like they wanted someone to keep them somewhat honest. Like not having Spider-Man fly or Batman use a gun. Oh wait. . . scratch that last one. I think for D.C. Michael Uslan is an EP, who proclaimed to be that kinda guy.

Last edited:

Marvelman02

I need some advice from you good people.

I write. A few years ago I wrote a Young Justice spec script called "Orphans". Zatanna goes on a quest to de-Fate her father. Captain Marvel also stars. There are also some notable guest-stars from the Justice League: Dark corner of the DC Universe. It is inspired by the "Underworld" crossover from many years ago. More than that, I will not say, as I do not want to spoil anything.

I never wanted to publish the script online because it was intended to be something professional - not fan-fiction. I wrote it as a spec script for a show called the Mysterions. However, and this seems to be the story of my life, the story editor ended up hiring a bunch of his friends. But, the script really is a fun read and it seemed a shame to not share it with the rest of the world.

Here is where I need help. I AM A LUDDITE. The script is in pdf format. Where and how can I post it? Can I post it here as an attachment?

I don't want to spoil too much but I will say that the script is sweet, dark, and funny all at the same time. If you enjoy the human relationships on the show as opposed to big over-arching story-lines then you will probably enjoy this. The script is pretty darn close to an actual episode of the show except that I gave Captain Marvel a new power, but it's barely noticeable.

I realize this is not a fan-fiction forum, but as I have been a regular contributor to this forum, I didn't think there would be a problem with me posting this question.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
As of right now, my gut answer would be at The Story Board but I'm not completely sure about the rules for a spec script. I'll have to confer with the Administrators to make sure it's above board.

If you're cleared to post, I think you should be able to use the button on the lower left when you make a new post. It looks transparent but reads "Attach files" with a paper clip img in front of it.

the greenman

I need some advice from you good people.

I write. A few years ago I wrote a Young Justice spec script called "Orphans". Zatanna goes on a quest to de-Fate her father. Captain Marvel also stars. There are also some notable guest-stars from the Justice League: Dark corner of the DC Universe. It is inspired by the "Underworld" crossover from many years ago. More than that, I will not say, as I do not want to spoil anything.

I never wanted to publish the script online because it was intended to be something professional - not fan-fiction. I wrote it as a spec script for a show called the Mysterions. However, and this seems to be the story of my life, the story editor ended up hiring a bunch of his friends. But, the script really is a fun read and it seemed a shame to not share it with the rest of the world.

Here is where I need help. I AM A LUDDITE. The script is in pdf format. Where and how can I post it? Can I post it here as an attachment?

I don't want to spoil too much but I will say that the script is sweet, dark, and funny all at the same time. If you enjoy the human relationships on the show as opposed to big over-arching story-lines then you will probably enjoy this. The script is pretty darn close to an actual episode of the show except that I gave Captain Marvel a new power, but it's barely noticeable.

I realize this is not a fan-fiction forum, but as I have been a regular contributor to this forum, I didn't think there would be a problem with me posting this question.
First things first, get it copyrighted. If you truly just want to share it, you'll be happy after you copyright it. If you go to conventions, you would get info on the possibility of giving it over to DC comics. Might even be showcased on DC YOU or something.

Marvelman02

First things first, get it copyrighted. If you truly just want to share it, you'll be happy after you copyright it. If you go to conventions, you would get info on the possibility of giving it over to DC comics. Might even be showcased on DC YOU or something.

How is it possible to copyright a script if you don't own the characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts