"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 32 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I presume others brought up this theory in other places as well, but I wondered if that blonde waitress seen at the end of season 3 might have been Supergirl. Honestly, I'd rather see her than the Legion.

I imagine if the Legion will appear, they will focus on the founding members like Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl and Lightning Lad. But there are a few more I'd like to see, such as Timber Wolf or Karate Kid. They might also continue the Flash legacy theme, and bring in XS as it was speculated before. I don't expect them to use too many Legionnaires in the next season, though.

As for the Fatal Five, as I said in my retrospective a few months ago, I'm in no rush to see them again. (Granted, it will probably take another year or so until YJ returns, but I kind of doubt my opinion will change much. :p)

Parker-Shepherd

I presume others brought up this theory in other places as well, but I wondered if that blonde waitress seen at the end of season 3 might have been Supergirl. Honestly, I'd rather see her than the Legion.

I imagine if the Legion will appear, they will focus on the founding members like Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl and Lightning Lad. But there are a few more I'd like to see, such as Timber Wolf or Karate Kid. They might also continue the Flash legacy theme, and bring in XS as it was speculated before. I don't expect them to use too many Legionnaires in the next season, though.

As for the Fatal Five, as I said in my retrospective a few months ago, I'm in no rush to see them again. (Granted, it will probably take another year or so until YJ returns, but I kind of doubt my opinion will change much. :p)

Point taken. Supergirl would be an interesting addition to Young Justice.

But guess we'll have to wait. The cast and crew for Young Justice might have something planned for Wondercon.

Frontier

Staff member

Supergirl would just seem kind of weird given the likelihood they can just introduce her in the current timeline.

Saturn Girl I see if only because they focus on the Legion ring right when she's near another telepath (M'Gann).

Parker-Shepherd

There's a lot of people who think the waitress might be Supergirl but that's kind of up in the air right now.

Come to think of it, Mon-El hasn't really been seen in animation so that's one character that could work in Young Justice. A few others would be Starboy, Bouncing Boy and XS.

Marvelman02

OT post: For those of you who are looking for something new to watch, I am highly recommending The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance. I am giving it a rare 10/10.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I doubt it. They only just started working on season 4. Nothing to share. Plenty to do. I don't think going to conventions are on the crew's mind at the moment. Next year's San Diego Comic Con at the earliest, imo. Same as Outsiders. Announced late fall 2016, season logline in late April 2017, first con Comic Con 2017. I think we might hear a few tidbits on social media but nothing significant until July 2020.

Parker-Shepherd

Point taken. I was talking about bits and pieces of season 4, not a trailer. So far Greg Weisman has said that season 4 will have 26 episodes and a title has already been decided.

Phil Bourassa might put out some concept art and designs eventually.

As for Wondercon, the only thing I can think of they'd discuss on a panel is behind the scenes related and that sort of thing.

Frontier

Staff member
I doubt it. They only just started working on season 4. Nothing to share. Plenty to do. I don't think going to conventions are on the crew's mind at the moment. Next year's San Diego Comic Con at the earliest, imo. Same as Outsiders. Announced late fall 2016, season logline in late April 2017, first con Comic Con 2017. I think we might hear a few tidbits on social media but nothing significant until July 2020.
I think it depends if there's a DC Universe panel. Right now I can only see them talking about Titans, Harley Quinn, and teasing Stargirl and Doom Patrol season 2.

Parker-Shepherd

I think it depends if there's a DC Universe panel. Right now I can only see them talking about Titans, Harley Quinn, and teasing Stargirl and Doom Patrol season 2.

You have a point. Like this past week was apparently the 1 year anniversary of when the DC Universe app officially launched.

Doesn't seem like it came out that long ago.

But other content that might be discussed on a DC Universe panel could be future content such as adding other DC series, movies, comics and animation that aren't on the platform yet.

the greenman

Well, imho, I'm whelmed on S3. The short changed alot of major characters to the actual Outsiders, which is fine, it's their decision. However, as I didn't expect an out& out adaptation of the comic; I did want more Katana and Metamorpho. I like that they fully developed Geo Force & Tara. As where they had Bug in there for almost no reason, except future insight into the Fourth World characters.

The animation at times was glaring off as well. V.O.'s were excellent per usual. I called it on the tease at the end, and we'll see how they handle the LOSH.

At the convention Doom Patrol & Titans will be their focus. I know they won't discuss a fail, but I wonder if they'll bring up Swamp Thing at all. On YJ 4, they like a good tease, so we'll get something for certain. They already teased us in that DC Daily episode with Greg & Brandon. No designs yet though too early. I want them to take time, cause they were rushed this past season.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Parker-Shepherd

My only complaint at panels is when the audience asks questions that are ridiculous or take so long that nobody else can ask a question.

Like for example, Bruce Timm said he doesn't watch Young Justice or any of the other DC shows and also made it clear he doesn't have anything to do with the live action DC movies and only works in the animation department.

I know for years Greg Weisman was bogged down with questions about Jason Todd and season 3 of Young Justice.

There's a difference between asking questions with good intentions and prying.

Last edited:

Marvelman02

Supergirl would just seem kind of weird given the likelihood they can just introduce her in the current timeline.

Saturn Girl I see if only because they focus on the Legion ring right when she's near another telepath (M'Gann).

It could be Supergirl or Saturn Girl or Sensor Girl or... it could be Chameleon Boy!

Parker-Shepherd

On another note, Young Justice marks Courtney Whitmore's 4th appearance in animation behind JLU, Batman: The Brave & The Bold and Justice League Action.

Anyone think she might come back next season and become Stargirl?

It just seems like characters introduced as civilians in the previous seasons return afterwards as members of the Team or Justice League is common place now.

Frontier

Staff member
It could even be an unrelated character whose name starts with an "L" and is only wearing some custom jewelry, for all we know.
Biggest twist of the entire show :p.
On another note, Young Justice marks Courtney Whitmore's 4th appearance in animation behind JLU, Batman: The Brave & The Bold and Justice League Action.

Anyone think she might come back next season and become Stargirl?

It just seems like characters introduced as civilians in the previous seasons return afterwards as members of the Team or Justice League is common place now.
I'm not sure what to think of the show's take on Courtney :confused:.

Parker-Shepherd

Biggest twist of the entire show :p.

I'm not sure what to think of the show's take on Courtney :confused:.

Somebody on YouTube mistook the ring for something related to Lexcorp.

As for what you're saying about Courtney, I think this season left a lot of people scratching their heads. But some people had a similar issue with season 2 because certain things went over some fans heads such as characters that certain people recognized right away because they knew about them from the comics or other DC shows and movies, whereas fans who don't read comics or watch other DC shows & movies like JLU, Smallville, etc had to do some research.

Like I'll admit there's some DC characters I don't know very well because there's so many and there's also some I'm not a fan of.

Also Marvel, Disney and Transformers are other examples of properties that have a large cast of characters.

A 2 month gap? That's a long wait.

Two months goes by fast. Years ago when a movie came out in theaters, it wouldn't be on DVD for another 6 months.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Young Justice: Outsiders - The Complete Third Season will hit digital on Sept. 24, 2019, with Blu-ray and DVD coming Nov. 26, 2019! Details available at The World's Finest!
Very cool it's a lot less of a wait than I predicted. It seems the first animated series hits Blu-ray/DVD quicker than the live action series from DCU. Interesting. I'm glad we have 3 choices of format to pick from as well. But yes, insert gripe about no special features but technically we got that with the behind the scenes series. I would have been content with a one commentary track in this release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts