"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 32 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Technically speaking, the longest running DC series would be Teen Titans Go, which currently has 255 segments, meaning it would translate to about 127 half hour episodes if you pair them up.

Parker-Shepherd

Point taken, we're just talking about standard format 30 minute episodes. But seriously, does anyone want a season where there's no time skip?

Otaku-sempai

I did some math and if Young Justice has a total of 98 episodes, which would include season 4, that would make it the longest running DC animated series next to Justice League/JLU which had a combined total of 91 episodes.
Next to? Your math skills are rusty! The last time I checked, 98 is greater than 91. :oops:

EDIT: For the sake of brevity, I'll ignore the issue of Teen Titans Go! and its episode count.

Last edited:

Parker-Shepherd

Next to? Your math skills are rusty! The last time I checked, 98 is greater than 91. :oops:

I meant that the only other DC animated series besides Young Justice to get almost 100 episodes is Justice League/JLU and the last episode of JLU aired in May 2006, 7 years before Young Justice ended in March 2013.

Math has never been my strong suit...but anyway...

Who's curious about Phil Bourassa's character designs for the Legion of Superheroes?

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
Captain Atom

Doctor...Atom or Dr. Light?

Blue Devil

Magog - Magog from the comics.

Plaz - Plastic Man.

I was guessing Dr. Midnight, since he's the closest thing to an actual Doctor Superhero.

Deshaded

I was guessing Dr. Midnight, since he's the closest thing to an actual Doctor Superhero.

It's Doctor Fate, there are 36 Leaguers - three of which were unknown. Magog, Blue Devil, and Elongated Man. While Doctor Fate is typically stationed on Earth, they did rotate throughout the season i.e. seeing Steel on Earth and on the Javelin.

I really want to know Designations 28-35. 28 is probably Blue Devil (he's been around the longest). The rest you could guess in any order.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
The better question is who were the 20 authorized guest designations between seasons 2 and 3,

Weisman has been pretty direct with what the designation numbers are having Steel as 36 is pretty direct in saying that he is the latest member to join the league and that 8 members were added to the league during the time skip.

As a side note while looking through the designations I'd freaking love to figure what happened to Freddy Freeman and Mary Marvel in that one-shot issue Greg once brought up.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
The better question is who were the 20 authorized guest designations between seasons 2 and 3
The spouses and children of heroes have got to be some of them.

As a side note while looking through the designations I'd freaking love to figure what happened to Freddy Freeman and Mary Marvel in that one-shot issue Greg once brought up.
Sergeant and Lieutenant Marvel. Yeah. I think Kid Eternity was in the mix, too, for that story. EDIT: And it was a 2 parter, not a one shot.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
I have to admit Billy's storyline in the first season never really felt like it became a full circle, he lied to the league about his age and nothing really comes of it, he joined the team on some missions only to just got sidelined without any explanation for why he decided to stop despite enjoying being people with his real age range. It felt like his storyline was very short-sighted like he was still incapable of seeing empathy for those around him and what others saw of him.

Parker-Shepherd

Was thinking about how some members of the Legion would react to meeting the team. Like Bouncing Boy for example being the "I'm your biggest fan!" type or doing something like the whole 'souvenir' thing which of course would have Artemis or Nightwing thinking: "Great... another Wally."

Anyone half expecting some Legion of Superheroes/Young Justice crossover fan fiction and art to start showing up online?

Marvelman02

Was thinking about how some members of the Legion would react to meeting the team. Like Bouncing Boy for example being the "I'm your biggest fan!" type or doing something like the whole 'souvenir' thing which of course would have Artemis or Nightwing thinking: "Great... another Wally."

Anyone half expecting some Legion of Superheroes/Young Justice crossover fan fiction and art to start showing up online?

I'd really like to see Matter-Eater ('cause he's hilarious) or Lightning Lass ('cause she's adorable).

Parker-Shepherd

To be honest I think, of anyone from the Legion timeline we might see, Booster Gold and Saturn Girl might be it for at least the next season.

Probably. Someone on YouTube asked about what if the Fatal Five shows up?

As corny as Booster Gold is some adaptations having a comedy relief character in a show that's mostly dramatic isn't a bad thing. Like for example there's an ongoing gag in the comics and some animated series where Guy Gardner gets on everyone's nerves which is funny. But apart from that, one character I know a lot of fans want to see is Supergirl which would be interesting. In other animated adaptations like DC Superhero Girls and DCAU, she and Batgirl are best friends.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
Would be weird to have Booster Gold show up at a point in time were Ted Kord is already dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Starting next month, I will be going back to using Magical Doremi profile pics for a while, because I want to honor the first magical girl series I ever watched.
Streaker Prower wrote on Vuxovich's profile.
What would happen if FUNimation did continue to use Ocean Media for Dragon Ball Z And Probably the Original Dragon Ball, GT, Kai, Super and the Video Games

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.

Featured Posts