"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 32 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deshaded

I'm glad we already know it's 26 episodes. This was the most important detail for Season 4 for me.

And that's so crazy, what was once a short-lived animated series is going to be one of the longest-running DC animated series ever. Worried what "new structure for Season 4" means. I loved the pace of Season 1&2 and S3 left some things to be desired.

Light Lucario

Staff member
That's pretty neat that they already confirmed how long the season will be. A time skip was inevitable. I just wonder how long it will be this time. I'd be kind of surprised if they have Brion manipulated by the Light for more than a couple of years. I could possibly see Artemis starting a new relationship during the times skip and maybe the wedding between Connor and Megan would happen during that time as well.

Frontier

Staff member
That's pretty neat that they already confirmed how long the season will be. A time skip was inevitable. I just wonder how long it will be this time. I'd be kind of surprised if they have Brion manipulated by the Light for more than a couple of years. I could possibly see Artemis starting a new relationship during the times skip and maybe the wedding between Connor and Megan would happen during that time as well.
I guess we could also see Cassandra Cain becoming Batgirl in the time-skip, just because of course that's something they would have happen off-screen :p.

They'll probably break Tim and Cassie up off-screen too. Which would feel kind of fitting for a relationship that developed off-screen.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I guess we could also see Cassandra Cain becoming Batgirl in the time-skip, just because of course that's something they would have happen off-screen :p.
I'm curious how much longer Bruce will be Batman and if we'll see Jean-Paul debut or even Dick suit up.

They'll probably break Tim and Cassie up off-screen too. Which would feel kind of fitting for a relationship that developed off-screen.
Well, like they've said in the past, the stories that matter to the main narrative will be told. :p

EDIT: Here's the DC Daily episode (don't need to login). At the end, Weisman also mentioned the title for season 4 is already decided.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
I was thinking Dick might be Batman when the new season starts, similar to how Kaldur was the new Aquaman. But I didn't consider they could bring in Azrael. That would be kind of cool. It might also bring back Bane and use the iconic battle between him and Batman (Bruce), that was speculated before a bunch of times. I am a little more interested if there will be any follow-up to that "Red Hooded Ninja" guy. :p Not too surprising, there's still a lot of young-ish Bat-Family related characters they haven't used yet on the show (and a few that have appeared, but have barely been featured so far).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Well in that very DC Daily episode, Weisman talked about how the Syrian refugee crisis influenced the Quarci refugee crisis in the show. While I don't think they would be using scientology or Isis luring Americans to their cause as a base, they did get into cults before on the show and tie-in comics like with Kobra. Come to think of it, they never really answered how Shimmer and Mammoth ended up as members of Kobra. Though rolling into a tangent, I wonder if other cults like Brother Blood's Church of Blood would really play ball with the Light or if on Earth-16 all the immortals are in a BFF club.

Frontier

Staff member
I was thinking Dick might be Batman when the new season starts, similar to how Kaldur was the new Aquaman. But I didn't consider they could bring in Azrael. That would be kind of cool. It might also bring back Bane and use the iconic battle between him and Batman (Bruce), that was speculated before a bunch of times. I am a little more interested if there will be any follow-up to that "Red Hooded Ninja" guy. :p Not too surprising, there's still a lot of young-ish Bat-Family related characters they haven't used yet on the show (and a few that have appeared, but have barely been featured so far).
Unless it's a much longer time skip I don't see Dick becoming Batman yet. That will probably be saved for when Damian is old enough to be Robin.

Red Hood follow-up is a must :p.
Well in that very DC Daily episode, Weisman talked about how the Syrian refugee crisis influenced the Quarci refugee crisis in the show. While I don't think they would be using scientology or Isis luring Americans to their cause as a base, they did get into cults before on the show and tie-in comics like with Kobra. Come to think of it, they never really answered how Shimmer and Mammoth ended up as members of Kobra. Though rolling into a tangent, I wonder if other cults like Brother Blood's Church of Blood would really play ball with the Light or if on Earth-16 all the immortals are in a BFF club.
Kobra is probably one of the major villains from season 1 who haven't popped up in a while, aside from the tie-in comic. All the moreso given the thrashing Robin got against their leader :ack:.

Y'know, in the comics they recently introduced an organization of immortal beings led by Vandal Savage who based themselves out of the Legion of Doom's headquarters :p.

mido3issa

hey guys, I have a question ... when Lantern said "two Hawks, a Martian, a Captain, a Doctor,a Devil, Magog, Steel, Icon, Fire, Ice and Flongated Man
and Metamorpho said "Hardware, Plaz, Spoiler, Arrowette and Orphan"
who did they mean with these people in red font? Thanks all.

Frontier

Staff member
hey guys, I have a question ... when Lantern said "two Hawks, a Martian, a Captain, a Doctor,a Devil, Magog, Steel, Icon, Fire, Ice and Flongated Man
and Metamorpho said "Hardware, Plaz, Spoiler, Arrowette and Orphan"
who did they mean with these people in red font? Thanks all.
Captain Atom

Doctor...Atom or Dr. Light?

Blue Devil

Magog - Magog from the comics.

Plaz - Plastic Man.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
I presume he meant the Atom, otherwise Doctor Light would have been another new character (since she hasn't appeared on the show previously as far as I recall). Unless he meant Doctor Fate?

Frontier

Staff member
I presume he meant the Atom, otherwise Doctor Light would have been another new character (since she hasn't appeared on the show previously as far as I recall). Unless he meant Doctor Fate?
Although Fate was on Earth unless he was jumping to and from Earth and space...which I guess isn't impossible for him :confused:.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Actually I think Atom was standing on Flash's shoulder aboard the Watchtower, so he wasn't with Guy's group in space.

I did some math and if Young Justice has a total of 98 episodes, which would include season 4, that would make it the longest running DC animated series next to Justice League/JLU which had a combined total of 91 episodes.

In the TV industry, 100 episodes is considered a milestone and not many animated series have reached that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Power Rangers Reboot! An entirely new universe of shows and movies!
This year is cursed. Every single time there is a spark of hope or excitement, it's extinguished.
I don't even know if it's worth posting weekly schedules for Nicktoons, NickJr, and TeenNick? Barely there were any changes, except for a little and then I would post..
Hi everyone! I just joined, i've been reading these forums since I was 13. So happy to finally have an account!