"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 31 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvelman02

Frontier

Staff member
Okay. I see yours and Greg's point. But I'm still not 100% convinced that Wally is never coming back. It just sets the bar for his return a little higher.
Yeah, I can kind of respect his point, but I still feel like there are loads of potential stuff they can still do with Wally, especially on a show like this :).
Phil Bourassa posted some promo art of Nightwing's team.
The Outisders...minus Katana and Metamorpho :p.

Huh, I guess Tigress is Katana, Nightwing is Batman, and Superboy is Metamorpho by process of elimination. Or maybe that's Forager :sweat:?

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Kind of a minor point, but the newest DC Daily has a report about Outsiders, listing a few of the Easter eggs in the first episodes. It's mostly stuff that was already discussed here, I think. Between the 2:06-3:55 minutes marks.

Marvelman02

If you enjoy Young Justice, you may also like the current Teen Titans comic book by Adam Glass. I am not a big fan of the post Flashpoint DC universe, but I like this title. I especially like new members Crush and Djinn.

I realize this post is probably going to going to be deleted but the reason I am posting it here is that a lot of people who like Young Justice also like the comic books. The Titans have gone through a number of unsuccessful iterations. So, I am hoping to draw in a few more readers now that the book is finally starting to get good.

ShadowStar

One thing that bothers me is Deathstroke's prominence in this season, considering that his off-screen capture in season 2 was what allowed the Team to ruin the Light/Reach summit. Surely the Light would blame him for that? They have a habit of replacing those who fail them (Ocean-Master would be a good example of this), so why would they not only keep Deathstroke around, but also promote him? I think that that should be explained.

I'm also wondering what is going on with Dr. Jace and where her story is heading... Could she be a New God in disguise? And speaking of people being in disguise, surely it's only a matter of time before the shape-shifting M'comm M'orzz shows up again? He's got to be in the second half of season 3!

Frontier

Staff member
One thing that bothers me is Deathstroke's prominence in this season, considering that his off-screen capture in season 2 was what allowed the Team to ruin the Light/Reach summit. Surely the Light would blame him for that? They have a habit of replacing those who fail them (Ocean-Master would be a good example of this), so why would they not only keep Deathstroke around, but also promote him? I think that that should be explained.
I think him taking control of the League of Shadows from Ra's is what earned him a spot on the Light because the League is a valuable resource to The Light and enough to off-set his failures in season 2.
I'm also wondering what is going on with Dr. Jace and where her story is heading... Could she be a New God in disguise? And speaking of people being in disguise, surely it's only a matter of time before the shape-shifting M'comm M'orzz shows up again? He's got to be in the second half of season 3!
I think whatever is going on with Dr. Jace involves what happened to her child and why she's so focused on the Outsider kids :ack:.

And there's no way Ma'alefa'ak doesn't make a comeback when they've started to set him up as a new nemeis for M'Gann :evil:.

Marvelman02

I'm wondering... does the rest of the Light know Gretchen is an agent of Darkseid? (Yeah, I know it hasn't actually been confirmed on-screen that she is one of Darkseid's elite, but come on.)

ShadowStar

I'm wondering... does the rest of the Light know Gretchen is an agent of Darkseid? (Yeah, I know it hasn't actually been confirmed on-screen that she is one of Darkseid's elite, but come on.)

If the Light doesn't know about Gretchen and Godfrey, then they're in trouble. I assume that they're working with them in the knowledge that they represent Darkseid.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
If the Light doesn't know about Gretchen and Godfrey, then they're in trouble. I assume that they're working with them in the knowledge that they represent Darkseid.
Savage would know about Godfrey since he was there on Apokolips at the end of "Endgame" and given Savage and Darkseid have been in league for several centuries, chances are he's met more of Darkseid's elites after their first encounter. It'd be amusing if the other members of the Light think she's in just because of her Hollywood connections, lol.

ShadowStar

Savage would know about Godfrey since he was there on Apokolips at the end of "Endgame" and given Savage and Darkseid have been in league for several centuries, chances are he's met more of Darkseid's elites after their first encounter. It'd be amusing if the other members of the Light think she's in just because of her Hollywood connections, lol.

Great point about “Endgame” -
I had forgotten about that!

ShadowStar

Something just hit me regarding "Home Fires" - Queen Bee said, "Lobo may not know he failed, but killing Forager was never the point." How did she know that Lobo failed?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Something just hit me regarding "Home Fires" - Queen Bee said, "Lobo may not know he failed, but killing Forager was never the point." How did she know that Lobo failed?
Around 12 hours passed between Owing Mills and the Light gathering at the base in Greater Bialya. Plenty of chances they somehow verified Forager was still alive. No doubt a tie-in comic could shed light on.

the greenman

Around 12 hours passed between Owing Mills and the Light gathering at the base in Greater Bialya. Plenty of chances they somehow verified Forager was still alive. No doubt a tie-in comic could shed light on.
What exactly is the status on tie-in comics? Not a huge fan of them, but only heard of the 2 parter "Hello Megan!" one and that's it.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
What exactly is the status on tie-in comics? Not a huge fan of them, but only heard of the 2 parter "Hello Megan!" one and that's it.
Back into stasis, at best. But the comics are performing very well on the streaming service. I don't remember when the stats came out but I'm pretty sure it was #1 or near the top.

Yes, the "Hello, Megan!" comic was always going to be just a one-shot split into two chapter releases.

Overall, it's gotten pretty quiet since the focus will probably be on the live action Doom Patrol series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts