"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 31 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Here are the log-lines for the next 3 episodes. Preview images are also included in the link.

Episode 4: “Private Security”
While Jefferson, Conner and Artemis find homes for their Markovian strays, Dick assembles a new squad and hits the road – but may not survive the trip.
Episode 5: “Away Mission”
A distant conflict sends the team on an away mission, while the Happy Harbor gang decides what to do with Brion Markov and Halo (Zehra Fazal).
Episode 6: “Rescue Op”
Brion Markov is determined to rescue his missing sister – even if it means throwing down against the entire League of Shadows.

colomb

So the episode titles for the entire season that are posted on youngjustice.tv are real along with the cryptic message?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
So the episode titles for the entire season that are posted on youngjustice.tv are real along with the cryptic message?
We'll find out up to the 13th by the end of the month. Anyone who could verify all the titles cannot do so right now because they are under a strict legal non-disclosure agreement. There's a chance Weisman might post all the titles on the s8 Ask Greg website like he's done in the past.

Marvelman02

Can somebody clear something up for me? Please?

I know Outsiders will be shown on Teletoon. But I had also heard that it would be on Netflix Canada. Am I right about that?

Thanks.

Frontier

Staff member
Here are the log-lines for the next 3 episodes. Preview images are also included in the link.

Episode 4: “Private Security”
Sounds like Nightwing is going to form his own team to combat Metahuman trafficking, with Conner, Artemis, and Jeff :cool:.
Episode 5: “Away Mission”
Looks like the "distant conflict" is the world with the New Gods and Forager :).
Episode 6: “Rescue Op”
I'm guessing the fight against the League of Shadows leads to Dick's group reconvening with Batman's team :cool:.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
But I had also heard that it would be on Netflix Canada. Am I right about that?
I haven't heard of any confirmation. It could be speculation in light of the announcement that Titans will be streamed internationally by Netflix. If DCU and Netflix are planning to do the same with Young Justice, we probably wouldn't know until the end of the month at the earliest.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Francisco Paredes? I did not expect to see him here. Then again, he and Greg Weisman worked on Shimmer And Shine.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Sweet. New info from the first behind the scenes episode! Mae Cat writes/Mel Zwyer directs #11 "Another Freak" and is about Forager, Franciso Paredes writes/Christopher Berekely directs #10 "Exceptional Human Being" and it's about 'Team Batman' (maybe the Clayface and Santa Prisca scenes from the trailers?). But also 311 listed as Home Fires and appears to have Iris and Bart holding Don & Dawn based on the storyboard animatic.

EDIT: Those rumored episode titles combined with the confirmed ones, spell out an ominous message - more or less confirming them as real.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
If that ominous message is true, then I hope it's not the cliff-hanger ending for this Season. :p

But it would be cool if they tried giving an explanation or something for the Ant-Life Equation.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
If that ominous message is true, then I hope it's not the cliff-hanger ending for this Season. :p

But it would be cool if they tried giving an explanation or something for the Ant-Life Equation.
Instead of a finger snap? It should be interesting to see what Weisman and Vietti think it is. What if we might see the Anti-Life Equation be used to create an alternate reality for a couple episodes but the core cast doesn't fully fall in line and realizes something isn't right because of their bond in the real world.

The last title is concerning. Could be a nod to The Raven, a story about a character that goes mad with grief or just literally, never again. I just hope we know about a renewal before the last set of episodes release later this year.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I imagine some will speculate the last episode means Raven will appear (I think Teen Titans also had an episode with that title). I'm inclined to think it's supposed to hint at nothingness, but it's too early to say. There are 22 more episodes until that.

The 16th title, if true is interesting - sounds like it could deal with the Anti-Life Equation. And I presume "Overwhelmed" will focus on Nightwing, for some reason.

Also, the episodes we're getting this month, spell out another, pretty funny message - I doubt they are setting up this guy :p

the greenman

I gotta say, I'm pretty happy to see many of these episodes aren't one word titles. I was never a fan of that from the first two seasons, it felt really easy to get titles confused
I agree. Always seemed kinda lazy to me.

Sweet. New info from the first behind the scenes episode! Mae Cat writes/Mel Zwyer directs #11 "Another Freak" and is about Forager, Franciso Paredes writes/Christopher Berekely directs #10 "Exceptional Human Being" and it's about 'Team Batman' (maybe the Clayface and Santa Prisca scenes from the trailers?). But also 311 listed as Home Fires and appears to have Iris and Bart holding Don & Dawn based on the storyboard animatic.

EDIT: Those rumored episode titles combined with the confirmed ones, spell out an ominous message - more or less confirming them as real.

Someone has far too much time on their hands. I mean; wow. It would be interesting to see Raven and her dad show up. A sorcery solution to dealing with the Light and Apokolips.

Frontier

Staff member

Frontier

Staff member
Weisman clarifies Bludhaven is a district within Gotham City (like Hollywood is part of LA).
That's always been how I imagined Bludhaven in my head even if I think it's more of a distinct city in the comics...
It is really sad when DCUniverse publishes a "Who's Who" article on Young Justice, and the image for Wally West is Bart Allen in his Impulse uniform.
Although looking at some of the footage in the behind-the-scenes featurette, Bart looks a lot more like Wally now o_O.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Members online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts