"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 31 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
Because of the Bane vs. Batman bit we saw in the trailer? heh. heh. Perhaps. But I'd love to see these 2 work together in the field.
I think I mentioned this before, but I kind of hope the infamous fight between Batman and Bane from the comics doesn't happen here. I wouldn't really want to see both Batman with a broken back and Oracle in the same Season... but I'd still watch it even if it happens.
Now that you mention it, have we ever seen the back-breaking in animation? I don't think we have :confused:.
But yeah, a Batman & Nightwing team-up would be pretty cool. I guess it might be too much to hope for a full episode focusing on the entire Bat-Family.
I wonder if we'll see Batman interact with Robin, Spoiler, and "mystery caped girl" at all this season...

Deshaded

Is this new season appropriate to watch with young kids?

I heard they show dead bodies of children.

Short answer: No. It is not appropriate.

But I think it being animated makes it feel less real. I grew up on watching morbid bits here and there, but YMMV. It's more mature than what Cartoon Network would ever show but still Young Justice, just darker, with purpose and still far less violent than i.e. Flashpoint Paradox.

It had dark moments in S1 (Harm and Secret) and S2 (gunshot deaths on Artemis/Aqualad) and they continue here.

Dorko

Likely, but aside from Savage,
at least two returning characters from a past season have been recast.

In fairness,
those recastings cover for a stroke that has left the actor incapable of recapturing his prior performance (in the case of James Arnold Taylor for Tim Curry as G. Gordon Godfrey) and an apparent retirement (in the case of Greg Cipes for Logan Grove, who has been inactive since the show's original cancellation, as Beast Boy). Mae Whitman is alive, well, and working (on this very series, in fact), so there's no reason to think she wouldn't reprise her role.

the greenman

Does anyone smell forced cross promotion? I'm certain the producers will deny it, but a huge coincidence both Stargirl and Batwoman have shows planned; as well as appearing on this.

Harlequinn

Joker's Henchman
Does anyone smell forced cross promotion? I'm certain the producers will deny it, but a huge coincidence both Stargirl and Batwoman have shows planned; as well as appearing on this.

These episodes were written long before either of those things were greenlit

Deshaded

Let's not put on the tinfoil just yet....we were very close to Stargirl/Supergirl showing up and we got one. And Bette Kane showed up in Season 1 and the tie-in comic, so Kate Kane was already set up.

If anything, it's just a happy coincidence that we're getting so much DC Comics adapted into other media right now.

Frontier

Staff member
I mean, one would probably be quick to assume Black Lightning is so prominent this season because of his show, but the season is based heavily around Batman and the Outsiders, so it's not really surprising to see him play a major role.

This show has never struck me as one that caters it's cast or characters to popularity or promotion that much.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
I already know that YouTube's main page will spoil everything for me. That also happened with Samurai Jack. I opened YouTube and it said "Samurai Jack KILLS HUMAN!" or something like that.
It is happening already :(

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
The only one I could possibly think of as cross-promotion at the moment would be Stargirl, since that is also coming to the DC Universe service. But I don't think it's the case, either. Besides, even if the same characters were to appear in multiple shows at the same time, I think it also matters how they're portrayed. There are some pretty big differences between the Dick Grayson from YJ and the one from Titans.

Dorko

These episodes were written long before either of those things were greenlit

Well, Batwoman was only greenlit for a pilot this week and is on a TV network that has an exclusive Netflix deal, so correct there. Stargirl, while we heard about it long after DC Universe and YJ:O were announced, Geoff Johns has been working with the channel since the word go and on DC other media projections since before the idea for the service was even floated.

That said, I think it is far more likely that this is a Stephanie Brown, Mal Duncan, or Cissie King-Jones situation, where the character is being utilized now for potential use down the road. I doubt that it was forced cross-promotion, at any rate, since season one demonstrated the creators have at least some affinity for the JSA mythos.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Young Justice fans in Canada! Young Justice: Outsiders officially premieres Friday, January 11, 2019 at 8 and 8:30 p.m. on Teletoon!

Frontier

Staff member
The only one I could possibly think of as cross-promotion at the moment would be Stargirl, since that is also coming to the DC Universe service. But I don't think it's the case, either. Besides, even if the same characters were to appear in multiple shows at the same time, I think it also matters how they're portrayed. There are some pretty big differences between the Dick Grayson from YJ and the one from Titans.
I think the cross-promotion was more having the DC All Access girl voicing her then having her on there because of her show :sweat:.

Harlequinn

Joker's Henchman
This is speculation on my end, but just in case I'm correct
I have a feeling we'll see Bane "break the bat," causing Metamorpho and Katana to move onto Dick's team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts