"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 31 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
Yup. And think this is the one that if you freeze frame the scripts, there's an extra scene and confirmation the warehouse in "Private Security" was owned by Goode World Studios and the park Artemis and Halo went to was named Grant Park. Not sure if that's Star City geography or a nod to someone from a Green Arrow comic crew.
Off-hand I would think it was a Grant Morrison nod, not that he's much of a famous Green Arrow scribe :p.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Nice! Hm, should look at that script again and see if they specify a city.

Edit: Nope. So they could have been in Gotham. Hmm.

Last edited:

ShadowStar

I hope we'll see Brion's softer side again in forthcoming episodes. He had a nice personality in "Princes All" which came across in his interactions with Dr. Jace, and his anger/rage in subsequent episodes feels as though it's very much tied to his exile. Once Brion accepts his status as an Outsider, I suspect that he'll become less of a 'Team Year Zero Superboy' (an analogy which didn't seem fair in "Private Security") and revert to the calm, restrained personality from the first episode.

I'll say this as well: I hope the show won't continue to make a big deal of the fact that M'gann and Conner aren't human whenever they interact with aliens. "Earthlings" in season 2 illustrated that point beautifully and honestly, nothing more really needed to be said about it. When it came up again between Bear and M'gann in "Away Mission", it seemed a little unnecessary, and when it was brought up yet again by M'gann as Forager was introduced to Brion in "Rescue Op", it prompted a little bit of an 'OK, I get it' reaction from me. It's a point that doesn't need to be reiterated time and again and it was pretty much the one and only aspect of "Rescue Op" that I didn't like.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
I hope we'll see Brion's softer side again in forthcoming episodes. He had a nice personality in "Princes All" which came across in his interactions with Dr. Jace, and his anger/rage in the more recent episodes feels as though it's very much tied to his exile. Once Brion accepts his status as an Outsider, I suspect that he'll become less of a 'Team Year Zero Superboy' (an analogy which didn't seem fair in "Private Security") and revert to the calm, restrained personality from the first episode.
I think he softened quite a bit in "Private Security" through "Rescue Op," especially through his developing relationship with Halo and Forager :).

ShadowStar

I think he softened quite a bit in "Private Security" through "Rescue Op," especially through his developing relationship with Halo and Forager :).

That's true - I guess his anger is now shifting away from the matter of his exile and towards the issue of what has become of his sister. The other characters are certainly helping to off-set some of the stress and rage!

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Looks like the show is doing well according to Parrot Analytics.
Three digital originals cracked the top 10 the week ended Jan. 12, led by the DC Universe show “Young Justice,” according to Parrot Analytics.
The program – an adaptation of the entire DC Universe with a focus on young superheroes – debuted at No. 4 after its average daily Demand Expressions more than doubled from the prior week, to 28 million.
Demand Expressions is a proprietary metric used by Parrot Analytics to measure global demand for TV content. The metric draws from a wide variety of data sources, including video streaming, social media activity, photo sharing, blogging, commenting on fan and critic rating platforms, and downloading and streaming via peer-to-peer protocols and file sharing sites.
“Young Justice” initially aired on a linear platform, the Cartoon Network, but was canceled in 2013 after two seasons. Warner Bros. Animation subsequently resurrected the series, with Season 3, “Young Justice: Outsiders,” premiering Jan. 4 on DC Universe, a video-on-demand service operated by DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Digital Networks. DC Universe launched last September.

Lonewolf36

Tripytch:

Cheshire! Sportsmaster! Clayface! Abra Kadabra! Lots of returning villains :cool:.

Looks like we're finally getting to see Batman's group in action. It's nice to see Batman and Robin together. I wonder if Bruce is grooming Tim for this team like he was grooming Dick :)?

Is that blonde girl next to Livewire Terra? Not quite sure who the dude between them is :confused:.

I wonder if mist girl Nightwing is fighting is Windfall :ack:?

Home Fires:

That robot looks like Kel-Ex...is Lobo in the Fortress of Solitude? Or an alien prison :eek:?

Queen Bee :mad:.
I am starting to think maybe it's Mist

Light Lucario

Staff member
I'm glad to hear that the season has been doing well. Fans wanted a continuation for years and it's nice to see that the fan demand for it wasn't just for show either. Hopefully they'll be able to make another season. If we do get a season four announcement, I suspect it probably won't be until either the halfway point of this season or when we get closer to the season finale.

brodie999

I'm glad to hear that the season has been doing well. Fans wanted a continuation for years and it's nice to see that the fan demand for it wasn't just for show either. Hopefully they'll be able to make another season. If we do get a season four announcement, I suspect it probably won't be until either the halfway point of this season or when we get closer to the season finale.
Agreed. Or it could be announced at San Diego Comic Con in 6 months from now. This season has been so successful so far S4 could be announced next month. Let's hope the second half of S3 is as good as the first half.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Agreed. Or it could be announced at San Diego Comic Con in 6 months from now. This season has been so successful so far S4 could be announced next month. Let's hope the second half of S3 is as good as the first half.

Saving the announcement for Comic Con is a good possibility. They would want to make a big deal about a new season so that more people continue to use their streaming site and announcements at Comic Con tend to get a lot of attention.

brodie999

Saving the announcement for Comic Con is a good possibility. They would want to make a big deal about a new season so that more people continue to use their streaming site and announcements at Comic Con tend to get a lot of attention.
I know. Maybe in the wake of YJO's success, they might announce Green Lantern: The Animated Series, Beware the Batman or even the original Teen Titans show are coming back. This could be the start of a new era of superhero shows getting the revival treatment.

Frontier

Staff member
Titans announced it's season 2 pretty early, but that ended up being the first season split into two halves, so I'm not sure if DC Universe has quite figured out their production schedules for everything yet :sweat:.

Although YJ seems to be much more well-received compared to Titans, from what I've seen, which is a point in it's favor :).

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I agree that San Diego Comic-Con (in July, I think) would be the best place to announce a 4th season. That seems like the "biggest" of the cons, and the entirety of Outsiders should premiere by then. But hopefully, work is already underway for this and they won't just be starting then - so we don't have to wait too long for the potential new season to premiere. :p

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I doubt they will wait for a convention to make a PR statement. They announced Outsiders was greenlit in November 2016. Then 8 months later made their first con appearance at San Diego Comic Con. I think they'll just send the announcement to the usual online news sites, post from the DC site, etc. Even with Titans, they announced the renewal before New York Comic Con. It's easier just to proliferate a simple announcement like a renewal online, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts